Isla de Lanzarote Hotels

Our Members Say

• ericsas profile photo ericsas
  • Reviews: 104

Hipotels Hotel Natura Palace Lanzarote: All inclusive hotel in Playa Blanca

To be updated

Great views from the room
Located in a very relaxed area
Good buffet
Employees are very kind and helpful

• Related to: Seniors, Spa and Resort, Luxury Travel
  • Written February 24, 2014

Room views

• kat-m profile photo kat-m
  • Reviews: 254

THB Sun Royal: Lovely Staff

We stayed here all inclusive for one week and really enjoyed it. The grounds are lovely all nicely landscaped and all the trees had signs at the foot of them to tell you what they were called. The pools were really nice too and a bonus was they were not freezing,(December).I was really impressed by the staff all of them were lovely and went out of their way if you needed help.The food was good always something available and lots of choice. Although the hotel was on the outskirts it was only a pleasant 15 minute walk to town and Playa Dorada beach was a 10 minute walk.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written December 20, 2013
Tip Photo

sun setting from our balcony

• Tripack profile photo Tripack
  • Reviews: 829

Hipotel Natura Palace & SPA Hotel: Quiet place to relax

A welcoming hotel with efficient and multilingual staff.
Room with all modern amenties and nice seaside view.
Swimming pool, mini-golf, tennis, fitness, spa and pétanque (french bowls ;-)
Lounge and Diving center next door (Diving College Lanzarote).
Fabulous restaurant with great choice of food for fish or meat lover and attentive service.
Great and quiet place to relax.

The chef Juan Carlos offer a large choice of excellent food (buffet style) to satisfy everybody's taste.
Bon appétit!

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Food and Dining, Spa and Resort
  • Written October 1, 2013

Hotel view from Montana Roja top

• mustertal profile photo mustertal
  • Reviews: 202

Grand Melia Salinas: Wow

I'm not sure where to start with this one...................................The hotel was designed by the Artist Cesar Manrique, and was the first 5* to be built on the Island, he stated that as that it was work of Art, so people should be allowed to enter to have a look around. We have looked around on a couple of occasions and drooled. So after much debating we decided to treat ourselves to just one night of sheer luxury during our stay in Costa Teguise.
We had booked a standard room but upgraded to a Junior Suite.....................as we walked through the door of the room, in unison we went WOW .
The room had flat screen TV, microwave, DVD player, table and chairs, and a leather sofa, with a door onto the balcony with sun loungers overlooking the pool. Through the sliding doors, was the bedroom, also with a flat screen TV, and doors out onto another balcony, only this balcony had a Jacuzzi. The bathroom had a whirlpool bath and a separate shower with a toilet and bidet.
Soft towels, bathrobes and slippers are supplied. Oh and there was a dressing room, iron and ironing board.

The restaurant is buffet style ,meat is cooked to order.

Amazing place with a tropical like garden in the entrance. There are two swimming pools in the main grounds, they have a spa, shops restaurants bars, internet access, room service, hairdresser and the occasional evening entertainment.

People staying in the suites have access to their own grounds called "The Level". This has an open bar, swimming pool towels and snacks.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written June 22, 2013

View from the bedroom.

• Ekaterinburg profile photo Ekaterinburg
  • Reviews: 701

Iberostar Lanzarote Park: 3 Stars is not enough

Iberostar Lanzarote park is a large hotel, directly on the sea-front at Playa Blanca, the southernmost resort on the island We came here in March 2012 for sun, sea and relaxation and despite a lot of misgivings on my part, were pleasantly surprised by the standard of our accommodation and the food included in our half-board deal.

This hotel has an invigorating location seperated from the ocean by just a paved walkway. It's situated on the quieter side of the port in Playa Blanca just a few metres from the sandy beach of Playa Flamingo.

It's a large hotel laid out in three crescent shaped blocks. Each of these blocks has it's own swimming pools and gardens which makes for a very spacious and uncrowded atmosphere.

The swimming pools are excellent, not heated but always sheltered because of the crescent shape of the hotel. Loads of loungers and comfortable chairs with poolside bar service available all day.

This hotel has a library of books left by hotel guests which, if you like reading, is an absolute treat.

The food was not gourmet by any means but was plentiful, fresh and cooked on the spot. Breakfast was a feast and it was dinner time before I could even think about food again. Dinner was a little restricted in terms of main courses but there were so many delicious side dishes, that this wasn't a major issue. Deserts were divine and different every night.

This was formerly an apart-hotel and consequently the bedrooms are more spacious then the average hotel room. They are not luxurious but clean, comfortable and flooded with sunlight all day.

Wifi is only free for a 30 minute period in the evening and then only in the reception area. You can of course pay for internet access or wifi in your room.

Staff and especially the reception staff, were friendly and extremely helpful. Guest were mostly Scandinavian and German.

We loved this hotel and for a week's rest and relaxation I would recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Food and Dining, Beaches
  • Written September 13, 2012
Tip Photo

View towards Fuertaventura from the pool

• Twan profile photo Twan
  • Reviews: 585

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Barceló Lanzarote Resort: Super resort with great food!

One of the best places I ever stayed, special recommendation for the food. When you book all inclusive you should do it here!

• Related to: Food and Dining, Beaches, National/State Park
  • Written October 28, 2011

Barcel�� Lanzarote Resort

• ATLC profile photo ATLC
  • Reviews: 3829

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Aloe Apartments (Puerto del Carmen): Quiet and simple, good accommodation.

This was simple and very agreable place to stay. Outside the hubbub of the busy boulevard but only a 10 minute walk (downhill) to get there (and to the beach). Plenty of parking space and very near the crossroads direction Arrecife and Tias which makes it easy to get out and explore the island.

There's a pool and a baby pool, deck chairs and in summer there is a movable bar with drinks and ice creams.
The reception (English speaking) is only opened parttime but that was no problem.
There are ground floor apartments (one and two bedroom) and 1st floor apartments. All have space to sit outside.

I think this accommodation fits best for (older) couples or a couple with a young child, possibly two. Teenagers would get bored as nothing is on offer except for the pool.

We booked this accommodation and flight as a package so I'm not sure of the price of the apartment itself.

The accommodation has no website of its own but if you google for Aloe Apartments Lanzarote then you get all kinds of offers.

The apartment is airy and sufficiently spacious for 2 persons. It is also (spotlessly) cleaned at least every other day (nice to have made beds when you came home!).

The first night I found the bed to be quite hard (it's the kind of mattress with springs in them, which I felt). On request I had the mattress changed which was an improvement.

We were to travel back in the early evening and although you are supposed to checkout at 1 pm, we could use the apartment all day until we were to be picked up by the shuttlebus to the airport. The reception was closed but you could put the key under the door. That was really excellent service.

• Related to: Disabilities, Singles, Seniors
  • Written March 8, 2011

Aloe Apartments, Puerto del Carmen

• clueless83 profile photo clueless83
  • Reviews: 229

Flamingo Beach: A pleasant beachfront hotel

We stayed at the all-inclusive Flamingo Beach resort in Playa Blanca for a week in October. We checked in at midnight and although we had a bit of trouble finding our room at first, it was fine after that.

The rooms are really big (it appears that the hotel may have once been self catering) as they have a kitchenette as well as a decent sized lounge, bathroom, bedroom and TWO outside seating areas. The seating at the back was a bit gloomy so we didn’t really sit out there but the seating at the front was good as our balcony had a good view of neighbouring island Fuerteventura.

The hotel has an excellent location, right by the beach and its just a 10 minute or so stroll to the restaurants, shops, bars and ferry port in Playa Blanca. The beach had been closed but it was open again during our stay. We didn’t really sit on it anyway. The only thing that bothered me about the location of the hotel was that it felt a little like First Choice were affecting the small local restaurants by making this hotel all-inclusive. I felt a bit bad for the man who ran the Italian restaurant (not the all-inc Portobello one, but the one tucked just beyond El Duque tapas just down from the sun terrace. I think it was called La Bambola) right by our room as he was a bit hidden away from potential customers, yet didn’t really have a market in the hotel. If you fancy something other than the food the hotel offers then head to the sun terrace (you will see it on the map the hotel give you) and he’s just down there. As I am on the subject of food I will talk about the all-inclusive options.

The main food was served at El Chef buffet restaurant, there’s a fairly good selection there and I particularly like the takeaway function as not many hotels like you to take food away. I also enjoyed being able to have sandwiches at lunchtime as this was something I missed when going all-inc before. The thing that bothered me the most was the music they played in the buffet restaurant, it was the same saxophone tune over and over again! My boyfriend would like to add that he loved the glazed doughnuts and chocolate fountain (I myself preferred the ice cream, the lemon carte dor at the pool bars is particularly good). El Chef serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. We found that early breakfast, late lunch and late dinner are the least busy times. A much less manic alternative to breakfast at El Chef was at the Portobello Beach Club (which is also the a la carte Italian restaurant). Here you get waiter service and a delicious breakfast of either pancakes or waffles with a choice of topping. If you don’t want pancakes or waffles then there are other things available.
The A la carte options at this hotel are Spanish tapas at El Duque and Italian at the Portobello Beach Club, you can visit each one once during your stay (or once per week I’m not sure). Make sure you are hungry!

At the Spanish tapas it’s a set menu, we sat down and the waiter brought over a glass of sangria each, a plate with some cheese and salami on it and a toast bread with meat on top. Then out came the basket of bread and chicken wings, mashed up seafood dish (not sure what it was but it tasted like tuna), potatoes and sauces and a mushroom and prawn dish. He cleared our plates away then said he would bring us out our mains!!! That lot was just the starter! For mains we had steak, chips and veg. I refused dessert but my boyfriend had a Spanish dessert (looked like crème caramel). At the Italian restaurant you choose your food from a set menu, they have buffet starters (like cheese, olives etc) and menu starters. My boyfriend had tagliatelle for starter which to me is really a main course. I didn’t have anything which was good because the waiter also brings out a pizza base type bread drizzled with olive oil and pesto! For mains I had stuffed tomato with salad and chips and the boyf had pizza. He was too stuffed for dessert and I just had a coffee but there were favourites like ice cream and tiramisu on the menu.

The hotel has several pools, the main one where the noisy reps lurk, the lane pool which looks serious but was good, the baby pool and the quiet pool. The quiet pool was closed for half of our holiday which was a bit disappointing but not the end of the world. We had no problem getting a sunlounger and we sat by all the pools. We also sat up on the sun terrace too. The entertainment was a bit of a cheese fest, we saw a bit one night but spent most of our evenings in the sports bar. The all-inc selection of drinks was pretty good and included cocktails. The measures are really strong though!

The one major criticism I have of this hotel is that you have to pay to use the safe deposit box in your room. I understand the idea of refundable deposits (the air conditioning worked this way) but I thought it was quite cheeky of the hotel to charge 15 euros (plus an additional 5 euro deposit) just for a safe key for the week, kind of ironic that you’re being robbed in order to stop yourself from being robbed! Unfortunately I couldn’t risk not paying up as I have a very expensive camera. On check out don’t bother paying to keep your room for longer, we didn’t and got to use a shower room for free. It was fine even though we only got half an hour between us.

This hotel is very family orientated, it was ok going as a couple but I think I would recommend this more to families than couples looking for a bit of peace!

My boyfriend would like to add that the breakfast waffles were the best thing ever.

• Related to: National/State Park, Arts and Culture, Beaches
  • Written October 28, 2010

View from our balcony

• MikeBird profile photo MikeBird
  • Reviews: 376

Coloradamar: Good quality bungalows near Playa Blanca

This small development of 32 self-catering bungalows is at the eastern edge of Playa Blanca. Situated just 5 minutes back from the beach of Playa Coloradas and behind the large Hotel Gran Castillo I was impressed with the quiet and peaceful nature of the location and this was in August when apparently all of the bungalows were occupied. At no point were there more than 5 families around the 2 pools and everyone had a choice of sun loungers.
The bungalow we had was 2 bedroomed; the first with ensuite bathroom and a smaller separate bathroom for the second, smaller bedroom. A comfortable lounge with sufficient seating lead out to a patio area from where we overlooked the sea. The kitchen area had a 2 ring hob and a microwave cooker which was sufficient for our needs and there was a large fridge-freezer.
Just writing about this now makes me think again how good the accommodation was and at very competitive prices as well.

Everything is very new and smart at that end of town including the road layout and the convenient small shopping centre with well stocked supermarket next to the hotel. There is the very nice and well appointed promenade which runs along the cliff top through the marina and on to the town of Playa Blanca.

About 15 to 20 minutes walk away over the headland are the splendid golden sand beaches of Papagayo. In the other direction you can stroll to Playa Blanca in about 25- 30 minutes and the Rubicon Marina in only15 minutes. There are two buses an hour into town and numerous taxis buzzing up and down the road.

All in all the Coloradamar bungalows represent great value for money especially if all you want is to laze around a pool or on a beach, be comfortable in your living quarters and you are not bothered about an energetic nightlife. If you want discos and clubs then this would not be your place.

Smart and Lanzarote style, cleaned daily, well appointed bungalows near the sea in a good location with lovely pool. Avoid these if you want a lively resort with lots of entertainment laid on.

• Written September 3, 2010
Tip Photo

View of Coloradamar bungalow and the sea

Gran Hotel, Arrecife: Not 5* dining, but great hotel

We had one night in this 5 * hotel. It was 60 euros pp for dinner, a suite, welcome bottle of chilled cava, breakfast, free entry to spa, free parking, late check out (4pm). A bargain!

The receptionist was friendly and helpful, but we were the only people at the desk so dont know what its like when they are busy. Our suite was lovely, everything you could want for a hotel room. The standard of food in the restaurants lets this place down. Dont expect 5* dining.

Dinner was from a set menu and consisted of stuffed ravioli, lubina (fish) and Mille-feuille (custard slice). The ravioli was soggy & overcooked, the plate actually had water running over it...tasteless.. I didnt eat mine after the first bite. The lubina was nicely presented on a bed of poached and stringed vegetables, but the overall flavor was bland & uninteresting. The Mille-feuille wasnt anything special.

The spa, was overbooked and we couldn't get in (its not open til 12.00) and the masseuse was booked up for 4 days ahead.

Breakfast was buffet style, on the first floo,r & there was a lot of choice, but the hot dishes were not hot & the bacon fatty & undercooked, eggs cold and overcooked. The fresh fruit was a nice touch and there was a lot of variety.

I might stay there again, but go out of the hotel to eat. There are good eating places all around Arrecife.

Our suite overlooked the old castle and the ocean and was spacious. It had parquet wood floors, mini bar, and the sofa and two chairs comfortable. The views were amazing, but many of the rooms face south and this would make them very hot most of the year. There were double sliding doors between the sitting room and the bedroom, each room had a tv. and telephone, a/c. The bathroom had marble floors and walls, two sinks, bath, shower & big mirrors; there was a hairdryer as well as an electric point.

There is a Bar on the top floor with fantastic views and live music on Saturday nights: open 8.00-2.00.

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written February 20, 2010

Suite at Gran Hotel

Fariones Hotel: Beach front hotel Puerto del Carmen

This 248 room, 3 star hotel is a great place to pop in and have a drink, even if you dont end up staying here.

Their pool, with terrace bar, near the beach area cant be faulted. Food wise, they serve a typical buffet hotel breakfast and lunch. I have had dinner there once or twice, because I have been invited, but I love to take my time over my evening meal and their fast service and food standards leave a lot to be desired. Though my friends enjoyed everything put in front of them. So maybe I'm more discriminating than most.

It is in a great location, overlooking Los Colarados beach, near the charming Old Town in one direction and the beaches and beach avenue of shops and restauarants in the other.

They have free wi fi areas. If you stay at the hotel you get 20% discount to use their Sports Centre, located almost opposite the hotel. (Squash and tennis courts, pool, gym, keep fit classes, yoga, mini golf, sauna and mini health suite)

• Related to: Beaches
  • Written February 5, 2010

• boogie28 profile photo boogie28
  • Reviews: 3

Alondra Villas: Luxury Villas

Alondra Villas are a group of 19 Villas set in the Old Town of Puerto Del Carmen, Lanzarote.
Each Villa is unique and has it's own private swimming pool. All Villas are three bedroomed with a full kitchen and en suite bathrooms.

Having stayed at this Villas throughout the years I would highly recommend them for any family wishing to get away and enjoy luxury travel. All the Villas are well maintained and cleaned to high standards.

In the last couple of years a new restaurant has been opened on site which boasts a la carte menu and I would highly recommend visiting there at least once on your holiday.

The Villas are situated 10 minutes walk into the new town and I think they are ideal for most holidaymakers looking for peace and quiet yet they are near enough to some lively entertainment.

3 Bedrooms - Two Double, with (one en suite) One Twin. Occupancy of 6.
Dvd player, Flat screen t.v with some English Channels.
Full Kitchen including Washingmachine, Tumble Dryer and Dishwasher.
Jacuzzi

• Written December 22, 2009

• mustertal profile photo mustertal
  • Reviews: 202

Coronas Playa: The Friendliest Hotel on the Island Adults Only

The Coronas Playa is an Adult only hotel (18yrs plus), and a good 10 minute walk into the centre of Costa Teguise.
It is a 4* hotel, while it is comfortable, it isn't luxurious, but, it's very clean.
The en suit rooms are very large, with balconies overlooking the pool, all having a small fridge, coffee table, 2 chairs, 2 good size wardrobes with a safe (charge), plus a TV with basic channels.
The beds are a little on the hard side, but you can request a mattress topper, which we did.
The balcony also has 2 chairs, a table and clothes airer.

We stayed half board, which is buffet style, which is good, but did tend to get boring after a while. It was a busy time and queuing up for meals wasn't to my liking.
The hotel has 3 types of rooms, standard (The one I was in), Superior ( with tea n coffee making facilities and sea view) and the garden rooms, with an extra sitting room.

My favorite was the Monkey bar, with big screens for sporting occasions.
Happy hour is 5-6 pm !
The Pavilion had plenty of entertainment on through out our stay, very mixed, some good some not so good.
The restaurant was large, but divided up into sections.
It had two lovely swimming pools, one close to the restaurant ( with pool bar), and one to the bottom of the hotel also had a pool bar and most of the daytime activities went on here, so if you want it quiet ask for the uper section.
There is Internet connection and a computer station, I found rather expensive.

The staff are exceptionally friendly and nothing is to much trouble, we had a problem and it was put right almost straight away.

• Written October 8, 2009

Iberostar Papagayo: Playa Blanca Hotel

Having stayed in plenty of gorgeous hotels, this is one of my favourites in Lanzarote.

My sister and her husband stayed for a week and I went to visit them for the evening and they showed me around. There is a spaciousness everywhere you look, from the reception and bar area to the restaurants and rooms and the landscaping. There are also lovely walks along the coast to nice restaurants.

Their room overlooked the ocean and was spotlessly clean and all the staff appeared friendly.

My only grudge is that these all inclusive hotels are ruining local private businesses, as none of the guests seem to spend money outside of the hotel.

• Related to: Surfing, Windsurfing, Beaches
  • Written September 3, 2009

• hanspeter_W. profile photo hanspeter_W.
  • Reviews: 1237

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

camel's spring club costa teguise: nice partmenthotel at costa teguise

This small, friendly aparthotel lies just 150 metres from the beautiful beaches of the Costa Teguise. From here you can enjoy great views of the Atlantic Ocean.

Spend your day enjoying the warm sun in the Camel's Spring Club's outdoor swimming pool. Beside here you will find a snack bar, serving lunches and refreshing drinks throughout the daytime.

• Written August 16, 2009
Tip Photo

entrance to camels spring club lanzarote

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful