THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• shoparlika's Profile Photo

Plenty of places to stay

Puerto del Carmen is Lanzarote's tourist centre. Here you can find hotels, sports facilities, night life and shopping centres. What I have noticed about the hotels is that they have a unique way of rating them. They don't use the "star" label, they use "keys" instead. A 3 keys hotel might be like a 2 star one.
    The hotel was very nice, the apartments spacious and clean, the pool large and the food delicious. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that it was located rather far from the centre and the beaches(10-15 minutes away by foot :)) ).

More about THB Flora

miss the Flora already!!

I have just come back from one of the best weeks of my life in lanzarote! I loved the Flora... the apartments are kept really clean, the reception staff are friendly and helpful, the pool and bar area is really nice also. I was really impressed with the lounge area in the apartment, it was very spacious. The rooms are a little on the small side for the size of the apartments but are still very comfortable and provide lots of wardrobe space. I would recommend you ask for a sea-view apartment as we were overlooking the playground. The apartments are in a fantastic location... 2 mins walk to the shops and bars of the oldtown (the hill is not as steep as you are led to believe in the some of the other reviews!) and ten mins walk from the lively nightlife of the new town and Puerto Del Carmen beach. The bus stop is right ouside the apartments if you want to explore some more of the island (would recommend visiting Playa Blanca). For those of us who like to wear heels out at night, taxis are very reasonable... we paid the most of €3 into the new town. The nightlife was great, the barmen were lovely (free shots all night!) - don't miss the Centre Atlantico for the best pubs and clubs and then on to club 928 as it stays open all night. I miss Lanzarote already... will head back there as soon as I get some more money together and I would, without a doubt, stay in the lovely Flora apartments again!

fantastic

Having read through the reviews i think there must be another flora apartments somewhere as it certainly was'nt our experience. The staff were not rude or cheeky as one reviewer has said. The rooms were fabulously clean and the maid came very day to clean and she was lovely. All the bar staff were really nice and we got to know them really well.
The entertainment was a bit rubbish but they tried their best..the kids entertainers were really attentive and sometimes there was only my daughter in there but they still did everything with her...Josh used to come round every day to ask any kids to come over to the kids club.
The hill is steep but it not a problem unless you cant walk. Puerto del Carmen is a lovely place..the hotel is situated in the old town which is quiet. We found a fabulous restaurent called La Bamba that served the most amazing fish mixed grill. We ate there practically every night.
There are loads of places to eat and some lovelty restaurants overloooking the harbour where you can take a boat trip around the island or over to fuertaventura if you wanted.
Buses are right outside the hotel and are cheap and air conditioned and you can go to teguise market on sunday, playa blanca for the day and other resorts.
There is as much or as little to do as you want and all the trips and places of interest arr in leaflets in the hotel reception.
Thre is also a fantastic big shopping mall down the hill and to the left which has a huge Zara shop and lots of other stores..i bought plenty of clothes and its cheaper than the Zara back home.
Our first day there we walked for about 10 minutes to the new town and sat at a little beachside bar and had a bite to eat overlooking the sea...this set the precerdent for the holiday...the whole 2 weeks were fabulous so much so we are going back in a month to the same hotel.

Antonio's Smile

by TripAdvisor Member wicked49

So, where shall I start? Here is the real truth about the Flora apartments…Our holiday started on Boxing Day night when we arrived at the Flora! We were greeted by huge smiles from the receptionists who were more than happy to answer all our questions. Our suitcases were carried for us by a member of the Flora staff to our apartment and a tip offered for doing so refused! A first I must say…

Our apartment was of a good size with a lovely large sunny balcony. The beds however back breaking…two singles which were impossible to push together unless you were happy to fall down the crack in the middle of the night!

Tv comes at a prise 3 Euros per day for 30 channels ( about 4 that are in English) MTV, SKY MOVIES 1, THE NEWS AND SKY SPORTS…..oh and the ADULT SPICE CHANNEL….( channel 10- not great for kids to find)

Our first bit of advice to you is do NOT do all inclusive! The food at the Flora is far from good…not much selection especially if you do not eat fish! It was fish with everything including the salad, pasta and soup! Breakfast was expectable but lunch poor and evening meal not worth going to! On a brighter note the on tap coffee lovely, hot chocolate too and Sangria strong!

All of the staff at the Flora were friendly and helpful apart from the restaurant manager Antonio…Norris from Coronation street obviously has a holiday job at the Flora or his double does! Norris…Antonio well he has to be the rudest man I have ever met! Antonio failed to smile even once during our stay, New Years Eve was no exception. He tutted when asked to be served at the bar, walked off when speaking to him and even ignored you when it was clear you were waiting for a drink and the only person waiting at the bar.

Antonio prowls around the restaurant by the door waiting to catch any coffee takers! It’s Antonio’s policy that nobody takes a drink outside the restaurant, not even in the sun lounge bar or outside by the pool before 10am…not a second before! He pounced on my partner when we went outside at 9.55am shouting “NO” and attempting to snatch our coffee cups from us! At 10am he proudly switches on the coffee machine…so if your lucky it will have warmed up by 10.30!

Do not ask Antonio to do anything as his attitude may upset you! The coke machine had run out of coke so I asked for one at the bar! Antonio rudely shouted “use machine” When I said it was empty he just tutted and said something in Spanish and basically threw a half pored cup of coke at me…Happy New Year Antonio I suggest you get some customer Service training as in my opinion and other holiday makers I spoke to you bought Flora down to a 0*STAR rating not a 2!

So, if you go to Flora look out for this delightful man and let’s hope he provides you with a better stay.

Entertainment wise the best night out is at the Music Hall Tavern…the drag family show! An amazing night for all the family…especial Manuel…watch out!

What a view

by TripAdvisor Member LizzSwindon

Just returned from the flora. Our room was not as requested but soon sorted and we had fantastic sea and pool views.
Very clean rooms, frequent towel changes but sheets not changed during our stay. The staff were all very polite and friendly, especially the entertainment staff.
The nearby bars helped the walk back up the hill, which was not as bad as we were expecting.
Avoid the harbour restaraunts, very expensive and not worth the money. Far better meals to be had further up the hill in the old part of town and better value.
The Flora restaurant is good value for money.
The pool was cleaned daily, the loungers tidied and the pool bar area was very pleasant.
All in all a good spot for relaxing.

stayed fir 1 week never again would not stay again

by TripAdvisor Member carolinee

travel agents put us up in this hotel as Appartments we had booked had closed down there was 18 of us in total. The place was too far out , the cleaners would only rub a mop on the floor we had to go in search of clean towels as we were not given fresh ones even though we put them in the bath as requested. the complex was split with a busy road seperating but the only advantage was there was a tunnel running underneath the road. The complex was very noisy and with young children it did not suit and entertainment was nil. The pool was dirty. The food was good enough.The bathrooms were not nice the toilet was leaking in a few of them ,there was a awful smell out of another we reported this but they were never fixed. My sister had a cat entering her appartment. We were told that there would be a double bed and a pull out bed but the pull out bed was a concrete seat with cushions on it so we paid to sleep on a hard couch for the week.We had a lovely holiday but after paying sa much for our holiday I was very disapointed with these appartments.

Quite good for a low price break

by TripAdvisor Member nicholasengland

Quite good for a low price break ...on the quiet outskirts of puerto del carmen, which i found to be a pleasant resort,
.. reasonably clean rooms ..pleasant gardens and pool areas..small apartments, but ok apart from poor quality iron single beds...not far from the quaint old town down a steep hill, though taxis are only about 2.5 euros if preferred..the apartment site is split in 2 by a main road- one of our party was nearly knocked over on the side road up the hill from the reception, as cars speed sometimes around the corner of the main road onto what appears to be a just quiet sidestreet.
the hypermarket down 5 mins down the hill sells a vast range of things at a fraction on the price of the on-site shop. a restaurant named Bellenies down the road from the main swimming pool had far nicer food than other tourist restaurants in town which we visited and the had an early evening dining deal, we didnt try the complex restaurant food although it looked basic- the hot snacks we tried a couple of times were good for the price from the complex takeaway
...if hiring a car, the sea view from mirador del rio in the north is quite spectacular- the internal architecture of the cafe viewing point is worth seeing, but costs about 4.5 euros including entry and a drink..the town of Haria, on the way there, is worth seeing and has loads of plam trees- planted when someone is born in the town....didnt really use many of the hotel hire products, which each cost extra money.. staff on the whole friendly, though they didnt speak much english... taxis only about 12 euros from the airport, rather than paying for transfers. on the whole, although basic, i would say that flora is an ok place to say

pretty average but acceptable

by TripAdvisor Member martlad

The Flora is basic but acceptable. The rooms were cleaned regularly but the towels were only changed once during our weeks stay. Some items were missing like the kettle and toaster but were quickly provided when reported but why couldn't someone just check the room first? We were in the area across the road from the main building which I preferred as it was less busy and therefore quieter. We didn't use the hotel bar or restaurant. The real downside is the locaion, up a steep hill and on the edge of town. I would recommend the bar/restaurant just up the hill from the hotel - smart, friendly service and good food. I would also recommend the Bodega at the bottom of the hill in the port - either for a drink in the bar and tapas or a full meal in the smart restaurant. Tomatissimo near the shopping mall had great food - pasta and pizza - and is several levels above the average in the town. I would stay clear of the many Lanis' restaurants around - the veggie mousaka was tasteless and other items were just about average.

Easter in Lanzarote

by TripAdvisor Member jacquiebaldwin

My 2 teenage daughters and I travel to Lanzarote each Easter and this was our 3rd stay at La Flora. I chose Flora at first for it's location and for the entertainment programme, but each visit has seen the standard in kids club and variety of entertainment decline. This hasn't affected my family too much but I do feel it's a shame as it was a good selling point for the hotel.

I book BA flights and direct with the hotel which saves me about £1000 on the cost compared to a package holiday for 2 weeks. This year we stayed for nearly 3 weeks costing just over £800 for 3 'adults'.

I reserve an apartment overlooking the pool area and the standard of accomodation is clean and satisfactory, the shower was broken when we came to use it on the first evening and was fixed within ins, as was the outside light which had a dead bulb.
Tthe overall service of the staff was good and it helps to exchange a polite 'Ola' and 'gracias' and 'pour favour' along with a ready smile, I was rewarded with prompt service at the bar and often my regular sangria choice arriving as I sat down!

All Inclusive is available but you have to eat out in Puerto Del Carmen. The choice is huge and much of it similar but of a fairly good standard. Top choices for me are 'La Ola' next to the Casino, take a camera 'cos the decor is out of this world with white draped beds, sofas and sunbeds lining the terrace with the sea as a backdrop. Further along is the Terraza Playa, a small spanish restaurant with it's tables set on the beach-go early, take towels and let the kids play in the sea and sand whilst you sip a large champagne sangria watching the sun go down accompanied by the sounds of the sea.

Basic tips are to keep the children well sun screened, check your bill carefully, drink plenty of fluids, avoid the tour operators excursions and book via your hotel or make your own way by taxi.

We really enjoyed our Easter break, the weather was variable but overall sunny and it was always cool at night making it comfortable to sleep and no mosquitoes!

Always a great value holiday.

Loved Mario's And The Fishermans Rest Pub !!!

by TripAdvisor Member LizStevie

We had stayed nearby the flora a couple of years back and liked the look of it from outside so decided to book and arrived on Easter Sunday.

The apartments were clean and presentable with kitchen okay and toaster etc. no problem but we only had our rooms cleaned around 4 times during our 11 day stay. The towels were not changed regularly either BUT the reception staff were wonderful and polite and very helpful. Baby pool and adults pool clean as is everything else toilets etc. Few complaints on all inclusive.... but as we were in an apartment we ate out. Not a bad spot to stay as it is in the old town and the taxis to the strip are around 3 euros which is quite cheap. The restaurants along the strip are quite good but we loved Lani's tex mex the ribs and t-bones etc were brilliant as was the chicken wraps etc. Quite reasonably priced as well. Bottle of wine for two and starter, main meal around 30 to 40 euros. Marios is not far from the Flora, go out gate at back of pool turn left at gate and go down the hill and turn right walk about 50 yds and you will see it. Looks small but when you walk through the small cafe/restaurant there is loads of tables out the back. Lasgne to die for and his steak and onions are lovely!! Very good value for money.... His breakfast at 4 euros is brilliant and the best on the island (as far as we are concerned) and we have been around 7 times. Two bacon, two eggs, toast, mushrooms, hash brown, beans absolutely cooked just like home PROPER bacon..... Mario is a really nice bloke too... If you fancy Italian we would recommend the Dolce avita further down the road. Instead of turning right for Marios.... carry on down the road passed some little pubs (but stop off at the Fishermans Rest on the left).... before heading into the town part, people are lovely especially Charlie and Liz and Jim/Carole we had many a good night in there before and after our meals. In the town part you will find plenty of english pubs and nice people and a few good places to eat. Try the Bodgea too all nice tapas stuff (english tapas) and the steak place next door is lovely too....

Beach is nice too but you need to walk there (20 mins) or take taxi and it is awful walking back up the hill (unless you walk up the back road (where you go to Marios) its not so steep but steep enough. Gate is normally locked at night so you need to follow road around to front.

All in all I would definitely stay at the Flora again and dont forget to get a taxi up to the Casino (you can have just a drink or a drink and meal) reasonably priced too!! Was not impressed with Chinese just up from San Antonio..... owners have changed.... but Slow Boat further down the strip (upstairs) is very nice....

Worth a visit........

cost of taxi from airport to Flora apartments Puerto del Carmen

by cornyuno

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a taxi from the airport to Flora apartments (near the old town) in puerto del carmen should cost (arriving December 09).

Re: cost of taxi from airport to Flora apartments Puerto del Carmen

by boogie28

Hello,

We stayed in Villas near Flora apartments and got taxis to and from the airport last christmas. If you take 20 euros each way then you should have some change....I think it's like 15 euros. Hope this helps.

Sarah