C/Italia s/n, San Eugenio Alto, Costa Adeje, 38660, Spain

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Aparthotel Malibu Park

Malibu Park

After reading the reviews before I went I was not looking forward to my holiday at Malibu Park! I had no problems at all! We were a party of 5 adults and 3 kids and all had a great time. The apartments were spotless, cleaners in every second day. There was a few nights were we could here the young ones coming in from the nightclubs and having their parties, but we were all that age, we all did it! There was no problem with showers, enough hot water for everyone, no problems with the plumbing, electricity or break-ins. Heartbreak hill takes alot of getting used to but half way up the hill next to the Chinese Restaurant the is a lift that cuts alot of the hill out. There is a great wee eating place called 44 Oxford Street, really friendly family run, great food all freshly cooked! I would definitely go back!

Pleasantly surprised at Malibu Park!

by TripAdvisor Member joandpete

My fiance and I decided to book a late deal to Tenerife and came across Mailbu Park on the internet. We booked then read reviews and found aout that people were having problems with burglaries etc which slightly worried us! On our arrival we were plesantly surprised by our appartment and the safety precautions given by the management. We rented a safety deposit box and did not worry the entire holiday. The appartment itself was ok, it was cleaned 3 times in the week yet the bathroom could of done with a slight refurb. Staff were pleasant especially at the pool side bar where they served a variety of snacks and very reasonable priced drinks. The complex also had a well stocked shop as well as another outside restaurant. Pool was well maintained with lots of sunbeds. All in all, we were slightly worried about going to Malibu Park but had a good time and felt that the management and staff did their best to ensure fun & safety at all times!

We stayed in Malibu Park...

by ilovesean

We stayed in Malibu Park apartments. The accomadation was particularly good, but room sizes vary fromm room to room, as we found out, because the other party we went with, their apartment was bigger than ours even though it was for the same amount of people and we paid the same price! This aparthotel has an adult pool which is 1.9m all the way around, and a childs pool, which is about 1m all the way around (i think), but it doesn't have a lifeguard. It has a bar next to the pool area. It has a waiting area in reception with sofas. It also has an outside bar near reception, an inside bar with entertainment every evening, including bingo, karaoke, quizzes, etc. (the entertainments director is called Scott, and he's quite cute!), and there is a happy hour from 9pm-10pm every night, with all drinks half price, and a restaurant, open from 6.30pm-9.30pm. It has a barbecue every Monday night.

not bad at all.

by TripAdvisor Member champcars

After reading reviews on Malibu Park I thought oh know it sounds terrible but it turned out to be not too bad. The room (1097) was clean and had fantastic views over the Atlantic and the mountains as well and the bonus of overlooking the Aquapark, we could watch the dolphins swimming around etc. It is fairly quiet in June but gets lively and noisey from July onwards and I would imagine Malibu Park might not be as pleasant then. As for heart attack hill, yep its steep but the whole resort is hills which are just as steep so if you dont like mountain climbing then dont go, or use taxis or hire a car, it does get you fit though. So Malibu Park we had no problems, a few cokroaches crept under the door but a sturdy flip/flop soon got rid of them. I"d go back to Malibu Park again but not in the busy times as I"d imagine with the corridors echoing it would ruin sleep if anybody started making a noise in the early hours. ALSO beware you have to pay a £20 deposit(or 30 euros) on arrival PER PERSON in case of any breakages in the rooms, refunded on departure . I had a safe for valuables etc so no problems. The stick on the sliding doors is just for extra security(cheap loose fitting sliding doors) and there is a sign in your room telling you about this, just common sense really. We used to do this in England in the early days of sliding doors and the Spaniards are at this stage now, they"ll catch up one day. Remember this is a cheap place to stay and you get what you pay for but in my opinion its good value.

This is not a family resort!!!!

If you think that this is a family resort, i would seriously consider changing your minds especially if you are travelling with a family of young children. It was like a cheaper verison of club 18- 30, although the price we paid for it, it may of well have been Club 18-30.As the club 18-30 scene wasn't to mine or my friend's taste, I was assured that Malibu park was a good place to relax and away from the main strip. Oh, How we were lead down the wrong path! (NB: Prepare for some sleepless nights)Well, the travel agent wasn't completely wrong about being out the way. It was a good 20 mins each way to The Patch and Port. Heart attack Hill definitely lived up to reputation although it was okay after the 20th walk or so. Be prepared to habd over a fair bit of cash when you arrive. The Obligatory 30 euros for damages whcih was highly overpriced and 20 euros for the safe deposit box which is well worth getting as we heard alot of people explaining to the reps that they had mobiles and money stolen.

If you have the pleasure of staying in 2054, there are a few things that you need to know. The location was okay, just got to walk up and down another hill. It was fairly cool at night considering there was no air conditioning.The lock on the door is a bit dodgy. As my friend could speak spanish, she heard reception say that there was something worng with the door. Just keep turning it right until it clicks. Also be careful as the electrics may be dodgy. as we walked in the room the electricity box was open and the lights wouldn't come on. Fortunately, a cleaner was next door so she came in to have a look. We all cacked ourselves as the light blew. the cleaner called the electrician who eventually sorted the problem after many light breakages. Be careful not put too muh toliet paper in the toilet otherwise it will block. It took us all day to wait for the maintainence man to come to fix it (he was permanently on a siesta) but my friend ended up unblocking it. also if you leave the windows open, there is almost a 100% guarantee that a cat will come in, as many are hanging round. One got in much to my surpirse and my friend's ( who had to peel me from the the ceiling) when it jumpee out. I got paranod then checking to see if had left something behind coz it smelt like cats, but then again the whole complex smelled like cats.

The complex, like the rooms are in need of a good clean and revamp. It was like walking onto the set of El Dorado. Tne pool needs a good clean. Be careful of stray dogs as one was going psychio in the area. also the guy at the bar can't hear you so you may have to repeat your order 4 or 5 times

In my opinion don't go to malibu park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crime spree only last week

Literally got back from the resort a few days ago and low and behold we were also robbed at the Malibu park hotel. All doors etc. were locked and there was absolutely no sign of forced entry. Something tells me whoever was responsible didn't want the theft to be obvious. Strange things were taken- only one of three mobile phones which were all available and a substantial sum of cash. Luckily everything essential was in the safe. Nontheless we went to report the crime to the reps who said I quote "I've never seen anything like this before to find around six other peopple in reception reporting the same thing - all petty theft apart from some poor guys who had left their safe key to be discovered in the room. The reps spoke no Spanish and made no effort to take us to the police station. Having done nothing to warn other guests in the accomodation, by the end of the week the number of rooms which had been robbed (one can't say broken into because whoever robbed us clearly had a key) had run over ten. Clearly you can take all precautions on holiday but if the hotel allow people access to rooms who are then going to steal from them there isn't much that can be done. My advice - if you want to stay safe on holiday stay away. Yes you will have a great time if you are of the fortunate ones who don't get robbed- but then you might not be!

no problems

by TripAdvisor Member jessica_b88

stayed here 11th-18th july and can safely say we had no problems whatsoever and didnt here of any burgalries of any kind when we were there. Can only presume they must target at certain times or something and i guess its hit or miss. i was really adamant to change our hotel before we went but glad we never- see for yourself then decide. Our room was 2088 and looked onto the pool which was handy to hop over the balcony on a morning :) the pool was a bit dirty and could have done with a good clean but still able to cool off your legs on the edge! the rooms weren't that dated pretty much what you'd expect for the price you pay. not over spacious for 4 adults and the only security worry was the bedroom window which was a bit rickety. the staff weren't over-friendly but the reps from thomas cook were really friendly. the mini-market isn't too overpriced and is handy for small bits but there's a spar and things just down the first hill. i didnt think the hill was too much of a problem but would be for older people and those with mobility problems. we walked down and found a handy shortcut round the back of the pinnochio restaurant which cut out a lot of it. the lift as well is really handy and to get back up we got a taxi for 3euros or somethin really not that expensive at all. was a bit far for us from starcos and veronicas as we were a young group but nothing major. also, the noise on a night was pretty bad sometimes if families were staying there but during the day everyone was well behaved n kept to their own areas of the pools :) all in all a great holiday in tenerife and malibu park wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. as for going back i personally wouldnt only due to the distance from the nightlife but would definately reccommend it!

A Nice Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member helenllb

hi there,
I can honestly say that mine and my boyfriend's stay at Malibu Park was better than I expected, after reading some worst case scenarios here and elsewhere.
I stayed there 20-27th June and never heard of any burglaries, nor experienced them first hand. Before my boyfriend and I left the apartment we put ALL our valuables in the safe that we hired. I've read many people's complaints about items being stolen.. but people wouldn't be able to steal them if they were secure in the safe, would they? And if the items are actually too big to put in the safe, purchase a lock for your case and keep them in there. Be sensible.

Heart Attack Hill wasn't a major problem for us, as we're only 19 and 24. However, after a few drinks, it may start to get challenging.

My only major concerns about my holiday in general were:

1) The reps - they were unreliable. We booked an excursion to Mt. Teide, which apparently included a ride in a cable car to the top of the valcano. All we had was a long ride in an uncomfortable jeep with very short stops at tourist points. A meal was included, however, this was cold when it arrived at our table.

They persuaded us to buy the "Green Banana Card" to get discounts off things such as meals, perfumes etc. But NOWEHERE accepted them. DO NOT BUY THIS CARD!

2) The Nightlife. My boyfriend and I decided to experience the nightlife more suited to our age e.g. clubbing, bar/disco etc. All the nightlife was was a few pubs crammed together all playing music, drowning each other out. As soon as I stepped out of the taxi, the first thing I saw was a girl unconcious being carried by a lad, asking her if she knew where she was and where her apartment was. The atmosphere was very hostile and I didn't feel safe at all. What a waste of time and money.

Apart from that, yes, I enjoyed the holiday. I have many memorable experiences and may consider going there again.

Hope this helped!

didnt pay much didnt get much

by TripAdvisor Member Pgraham

Leeds family 2 adults 2 teenagers.
We stayed at Malibu Park August 2006 .
Overall we got what we paid for which was not a lot. The apartment was basic & could have done with a clean but not so bad that we couldnt stay in it. There was plenty of hot water for the shower but we had to constantly chase the maids for clean towels - be warned!!
The corridors are very noisy at night as everything echoes really loudly but you are on holiday & no one has to get up for work the next day so it can be tolerated.
We didnt have any problems with robberies but as with anywhere use the safe deposit box.
We didnt have any cockroaches but one day an guy was exterminating cockroaches buy pumping choking smoke down the drain holes right in the middle of the day the smoke came pumping out around the pool followed by loads of cockroaches running for their lives - just what you need when
you are chilling out round the pool.
There is nothing for teenagers to do on site only a couple of pool tables & 2 computers in the reception which cost 1 euro for 10 minutes.
The hill is not too bad but we do live in a hilly area so not much change for us really. There is a lift at the side of the Chinese but the gate is locked at 11 pm so if you are walking back after then its the hill im afraid.
Puerto Colon has a good beach but watch out for the restuarant touts, lucky lucky men & the hair braiding women they constantly badger you!!! we did see plenty of police though moving them on.
Try the Slow Boat chinese in Puerto Colon it is superb the best meal we had.
Las Americas is the pits - its like Blackpool completely British & at night is full of young groups partying - great for them but for others not so good so avoid the place at night if you've got young kids.
Overall not too bad - we would nt go back though. If you havent paid a lot for your holiday you wont be disappointed when you dont get a lot.

also robbed at malibu

by TripAdvisor Member platekat

We were also robbed at Malibu afer carefully securing all doors, windows, etc. Lost about 600 USD and our cell phone. Have no idea how the burgerlars got in, but it felt like someone had a key....

Also, our room was extremely noisy with late night drunks, had a fire alarm last night for about 10 minutes, and the place was just sort of had the feel of too much late night questionable activity. Thank god it was cheap, but I wouldn´t stay here again. I didn´t feel safe.

The majestic cliffs of Los GigantesThe majestic cliffs of Los Gigantes

Pico Viejo craterPico Viejo crater

Beach at end of Barranco de MascaBeach at end of Barranco de Masca

Teide National ParkTeide National Park

Airport transfer low cost

by grahamb58

I am a single traveler on a tight budget. Can anyone advise me on the cheapest way to get from the south airport to Playa de las Americas or Costa adeje. For example, is there a public bus service from airport to bus station in Playa de las americas or some kind of shuttle bus? How much would a taxi cost? I will have one suitcase and hand luggage and it wiil be midday when I arrive.
Thank you in advance. Graham

by Redang

Check the Airport site: http://www.aena.es/csee/Satellite?cid=1048146820956&pagename=Estandar%2FPage%2FAeropuerto&SMO=-1&SiteName=TFS&c=Page&MO=0 (it has an English version)

by Redang

by grahamb58

Thank you for your very helpful replies. I have had alook at the bus timetable website and now feel more confident and I have a good idea what to look for at when leaving the airport terminal.
Thank once again.