Bruselas no 1 | Playa de Fañabé, 38670 Costa Adeje, Tenerife, Spain

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Bahia Princess Hotel

fanatstic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member elrob

My husband, son and myself stayed at the bahia princess for 2 wonderful weeks, the hotel is first class the staff are fantastic especially the restaurant staff, who made a fuss of my 5 year old and remembered his name. The hotel facilities are excellent and immaculately clean. excellent, fantastic, wonderful, super are all the words that come to mind for this hotel. If you have a holiday here you will not be disappointed, forget all the mention of stairs as there are ample lifts all over the hotel complex - we cannot wait to go back. Book the bahia and have a wonderful holiday.

Amazing!

Loved every minute of our stay in this hotel!
It was mine and my fiancees first holiday together and we couldn't have asked for a better hotel. the rooms were brilliant, the pools were lovely and the beach was gorgeous!
The staff went out of their way to help! we traveled with Thomsons and would recommed a number of their excursions, especially watching the sunset up mount teide! you also get a meal and see white tigers up really close! Didn't enjoy the catamaran as much though, it was really overcrowded and you couldn't move! we saw a lot of whales however!
I cant wait to go back to the bahia princess!

Absolutely Brilliant Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JollyHollidayer

My boyfriend and I have just returned from two fabulous weeks at the Bahia Princess. The hotel is first class, and with the exception of the reception staff (who are a little frosty), the staff here are the most helpful and friendly I have ever encountered on my travels.

We were allocated a roadside room, which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise due to the work being carried out on the pool (more about that in a minute), and afforded fantastic views of the mountains. The rooms are spotlessly clean (as are all areas within the hotel), and pleasantly spacious.

On our day of arrival, workmen started digging up one of the top pools - emergency work we were told as we hadn't been informed of any works being carried out by Thomson prior to arrival. What a load of rubbish that turned out to be (we were later told by the reception staff that the work is going to carry on until mid October, so please be warned if you're about to visit this hotel). If all other facilities hadn't have been so excellent I would not have given this hotel five stars, and I'm sure subsequent reviewers won't as there were a lot of very unhappy people staying at the hotel with us. For £2,000 I would have expected better treatment, and will certainly be writing a letter of complaint. However, we managed to switch of the constant (10am-6pm) noise each day from the drills, hammers, saws and blow torches, and still managed to have a truely fantastic time, which is testiment to the staff and cleanliness at this hotel.

The evening entertainment is quite cheesy, with the best acts saved to the weekend (we saw The Beatles who were excellent, and a very good Motown trio). The buffet breakfasts and evening meals were also of top quality (my boyfriend had real reservations about being tied to the hotel for meals, but there is something for everyone, even me who's a really fussy eater). After two weeks I was starting to get a bit bored with the food and wish we'd eaten out once or twice, but when it's already paid for you tend to be more inclined to stay at the hotel. Pre dinner drinks at the piano bar are a must also.

We stayed around the hotel most days (plenty of sunbeds and sunbathing space) and even took part in some of the daytime activities. The entertainment staff work their socks off, and this was very enjoyable. If you like a walk, I would recommend the walk up to La Caleta, a fishing village about a hours walk up the coast away from Playa de las Americas (past all of the really fancy boutique hotels). Beer is a fraction of the cost up here, and it's truely beautiful. We also ventured the other way down the coast to las Americas a couple of times, not as pretty, but a good experience all the same. An excursion not to be missed is the Teide trip. Absolutely amazing views (be sure to take an extra 22 euros each for the cable car which is worth it) - and so quiet (take a sick bag though if you're inclined to being travel sick - 360 ish bends on the way up).

In summary, I would definitely stay at the Bahia Princess again, dispite the fact that our holiday could have quite easily have gone the other way due to the work being carried out.

Beautiful

We have just returned from a family holiday in Tenerife. The hotel was beautiful and the service was second to none. We only stayed for a week but we wish we were there for much longer. The highlight of the trip was going on a boat in the ocean to see dolphins and whales, we saw a couple of dolphins but lots of whales, they came right up to the boat it was amazing, I would highly recommend it. The food was lovely at the hotel it was a buffet everynight which was excellent so you could choose what you wanted, there was plenty of choice. We stayed round the pool most days which was nice as it was very hot, the only down side is you have to get up early to put your towels out to get a good sun lounger as it gets busy later on and no loungers are left. But apart from that this was a very enjoyable holiday and i would highly recommend it.

superb hotel

Stayed in the Bahia Hotel August 2005 for 2 weeks the hotel was excellent I have stayed in many princess hotels and this was one of the best. The food was superb the staff were constantly changing the food all the time so everything was hot and fresh. All the staff were very friendly especialy Daniele and Sammy who we had a good laugh with whilst staying there. Rooms were spotless as was all the hotel, I would go back again in fact tried to book up for Christmas but fully booked.

Fantastic honeymoon!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SarahHinckley_UK

What a fantastic honeymoon we had! The hotel was beautiful and the staff were all so friendly. Jennie our rep was extremely helpful and helped to make our honeymoon very memorable. We did lots of excursions organised by Thomsons including Teide by night, the catamaran trip,the trip to La Gomera and an amazing helicopter ride. I can truly recommend them all.

Before we went I had been a little worried about what the food would be like but it was gorgeous. There was so much choice at breakfast and at dinner and it was always freshly cooked and plenty of it. The waiters are also very helpful and extremely friendly.

There are a lot of steps at the hotel and most reviews seem to mention them but they really are not a problem as there is always a lift available to avoid the steps. However, after all that lovely food and drink it was sometimes quite useful to walk up and down the steps!

The entertainment in the evening could have been a little better but there were some interesting acts on. If you get bored of the piano bar then stroll down to the beach to the first and last pub for the Karaoke which is always entertaining. They also have other various acts on throughout the week.

The three pools were lovely although the two upper pools could be rather cool at times. The little gift shop was also useful to buy a newspaper or magazine before lounging by the pool on one of the many sunlounders. Yes, people still reserve their loungers with their towels first thing in the morning but there are plenty of loungers available and I believe hotel staff will move towels if requested.

All in all we couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon and my husband and I can't wait to go back there!!!

Wonderful

We have just returend from a weeks holiday at this beautifull so clean and well run Hotel. Nothing was to much trouble and we were made so welcome.The food was good and a excellent selection for all. The pool was so nice and clean with good senbeds and umbrellas. We shall be returning next year and hopefuly for a little bit longer as you just feel so relaxed away from it all. Luton Beds.

Lack of service

Just arrived back from a so called "Platinum Thompson holiday" However this was certainly not the service we received. The hotel was very grand (well at the beginning of the holiday as the tropical storm hit the hotel badly). We didn't have any problem about the cleanliness of the hotel, however the food was less than a platinum standard most food was luke warm but when we tried to complain with the waiter he rushed us outside of the restaurant as though it was oursleves that where to blame. We then tried to complain at the reception (our rep was not around much) and the way we where treated was absolutely diabolical.

Ignore The Bad Reviews

The hotel's 4-star rating is well-justified. The only shortcoming we found was in respect of the evening entertainment programme. The cleanliness, friendliness and poolside facilities are excellent and the restaurant buffet always has a wide selection to offer. We'll be back!

not worth the money

Me and my Husband stayed here for christmas and new year,the cracks in the walls in the down stairs hall near the hairdressers area, were scary, the room we stayed in had green damp,climbing up 2 of the walls,We reported a very wobbly toilet on arrival, but was never fixed. the food was mainly cold and very little choice.definitly not worth 3 grand. we will not be returning to this hotel.

bahia principe

by GEOMAC

HI,
anyone been to bahia principe hotel,all inclusive,
how was it?
what is the weather like in october,
thanks

by badbobswife

We're going on Oct. 19-looking forf hotel info-is there still a hoter?Beach?

by elcolibri

Hi: Bahia Principe is in Dominican Republic, not in Tenerife.

Re: Re: bahia principe

by jlvillalba

Dear Friends,
The real hotel name is Bahia del Duque, and the site is: http://www.granmeliabahiadelduque.solmelia.com/

Is one of the best hotels in Spain and Europe, and the beach is extremely nice.
it was invited to visited there, but no time yet.

have fun

jose luis

by KAL76

stayed at the guayamina princess which is just in front of the bahia princess and (I think) part of the same family of hotels. It looked quite nice although lacks being right on the sea front.

by Cutie_pie4eva

Hiya! There is actually a Bahia principe in Tenerife AND the dominican republic. I haven't stayed at either, but am staying at Bahia Principe Tenerife in December this year :) Can't wait!!! Anyone who has been there please mail me! Anyone else going there in December??? xx

Comments