Hoteles Isla Bonita & Jardin Isla Bonita

Satisfaction Average

Costs 30% more and rated 15% lower than other 4 star hotels

• kathybrownlee's Profile Photo

Wonderfully quiet

this all inclusive, twin hotel was a plaesant and relaxing place to stay. the food was quite nice, the pools were brilliant and the location was excellent, just 5 mins walk from la fanabe beach and shops.

Directions: la fanabe beach are....lots of other 4 and 5 star hotels in area, very safe

More about Hoteles Isla Bonita & Jardin Isla Bonita

Mixed views

by TripAdvisor Member deem1

I read all the reviews on here before we left for Jardin Isla Bonita and I was worried but we had already booked it! To be completely honest, the hotel was average. It looked ugly from the outside - a lick of white paint would have improved it. The maids were good, came everyday and kept our rooms very clean and tidy. The food was excellent but the majority of the waiters and bar staff need better customer relation skills, some were arrogant and rude. They tried to cater for too many people. The pools were nice, but a bit too cold for the time of year so we didnt go in. The sun beds were all taken by 9am with towels, the place was full of rude germans who pushed their way to the front of the queues. (Their are queues for tables, for food, for the bar, everywhere!) but the staff were quick to serve you but treated you like a number not a person and couldnt wait to get rid of you!! The food was excellent couldnt have been any better a very good variety and the entertainment was good. The kids loved the disco every night. We had an enjoyable holiday as we always make the most of things but we wouldnt recommend it or return. The hotel needed a refurb it was very 70's.

please please read this before you book this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member LisPtt

Just got back from a weeks stay at the jardin isla bonita, always read reviews on this site but never wrote one before so i must feel quite passionate about what i have to say about this hotel, have been to costa adeje many many time stayed at some lovely hotels like Jacaranda and Costa Fanabe, so knew whta this hotel looked liked but thought it would be fine it was a 4 star well what a disappointment this is nowhere near in competition with other hotels in the area and a real let down, staff are rude and un hepful, rooms are more like 2 star, none of the balconies get the sun no matter which way your facing, you have to que for everying to get to the bar, the rushed though, que to get in the restaurant, que to get the food, even a cup of tea, if you like hard chips you will love it, if you like old food used in salads of god knows what you will love it, if you like stale bread and no taste to your food you will love it, the floors are always wet no matter where you are surpised no one had an accident the floor wet right near stairs, the clean the pool area around about 9 am with a bucket of bleach thrown over floor then hosed down so i assume some of this bleach ends up in the pool at no extra cost, drinks in AI are limited in choice and beer is crap thats if you can be bothered to que, the was even a few dogs at the hotel and i dont mean the other guest. ice creams are usually too soft. i thought yes would be a good holiday, save money on food but ended up spending more money that if i'd gone self catering, kids hated food. so if your really thinking of booking this hotel and are looking at these reviews and some seem good and some are bad please please please take it from me if you've stayed at a 4 star before don't book this one. !!!

Definatley not worthy of 4* Rating

Me and my partner have just arrived back in England after staying at this hotel. We was celebrating my 21st Birthday and although los Americos is a fantastic place the hotel was the downfall to our break. My boyfriend booked the hotel on the understanding that it was 4* all inclusive. the food here was shocking and we ate out all the time we was there even breakfast.the staff wasnt very helpful and we would never stay here again.Sad really but my advise to anyone thinking about booking this hotel is that if its basic you want then good bacause basic you will get!

The welcome we get is like going home

by TripAdvisor Member sallie6942

Why is it only the people that grumble that put themselves out to write a review?
NOT THIS ONE!
If I were to believe all what is written I would not have ever gone to this Hotel, but we are glad we did, and have been back 5 more times. We 1st went in 2000 with friends and had the time of our life. Never been all inc before and was sceptical about the all inc thing as heard so many bad reports about them, BUT went here and everything was just excellent clean, friendly staff, good food, available from 7.00 - 22.00 and the bar from 10.00 - 23.30. We all ate and drank so much nearly had to be rolled out when holiday was over. This was in June of this year and all entertainment was outside which was lovely. The dining area was imaculate and selection of food EACH meal time meant no-one should be left out. service was fast, friendly and very helpful everywhere in the hotel.
I have heard from other reviews that staff were rude or off, but we don't think there was one member of staff that didn't say ola as they went by, the room maid called every day but half the time we told her not to do our room as there was no need.
If there was any concern or problem at all on any of our visits there they have been promptly dealt with.
The entertainment eve times is not fantastic but lovely for the kids and they do do some for adults but not the best in the world, but I have been to other all inc hotels where there is nothing at all.
Since our 1st visit we have been back mainly febuary time and once for Xmas wich was absolutely superb esp xmas day in the dining room and entertainment in the eve.
Sometimes I have read people say they had to queue for drinks or dining room which has been known BUT they deal so promptly with everyone that the wait is NEVER long for anything.
The situation of the hotel is lovely not far from the beach at all about 500m and a nice pleasant walk at that, the area is clean and safe feeling and much more upmarket than los cristianos or Las Americas, It is pleasant to walk along the sea front of an eve and feel very safe, the beaches there are very clean and well catered for ie sunbeds, public toilets, (which are clean,) refreshment areas for a drink or snack, or take a packed lunch from the hotel that they will supply for you.
We are a fussy family of all ages from 10-40 we expect clean tidy and polite. We would deffinately never have gone back once let alone 5 times if this hotel was anything but this.

Staff training in customer relations required

by TripAdvisor Member ChrisHenning

We have just returned from one weeks holiday here.
On arrival the hotel looks OK. The rooms are spacoius and clean. The reception staff pleasant and fairly helpful. The daily entertainments team were very helpful and polite as was the cleaning maids.
The restaurant is very tidy and well set out but thats it. Most of the waiting staff seemed to think good manners & service dont apply to guests on all inclusive holidays. Being treated like naughty school children seems to be the norm. The first time I put salad on my plate I noticed that I was sharing it with some kind of wildlife, this happened the very next time I had salad and from then I would not touch the salad again. We pointed this out to the staff who informed us that 'Oh that will be from the salad' shrugged his shoulders and continued with his work. Queues for meals werent as bad as expected but this is January. Meals were usually pretty good but variety, quantity and temperature diminished rapidly from the opening time and approximately 1 hour before the closing of the restaurant the staff started clearing food and tables leaving little food and an intimidating atmosphere.
The bar staff are just downright rude slamming drinks down with grunts seem to be the norm.
Once 11pm come thats it for drinks and at 12 you are ejected from the bar area with no other facilities to buy drinks or sit and relax with new friends.
After visiting the Tenerife six times over the last three years I can honestly say this hotels staff are the rudest I have come across.
In dire need of staff transplant.

Hotel Isla Bonita

by jumabeka

"Hotel Isla Bonita"

First time we visit Tenerife we were living in Parque de la Paz, but this time we lived i Isla Bonita. A very nice hotel. The balcony were small when I compare the two hotels, but Isla Bonita have lot of entertainment for the kids..

"The balcony view"

We did´t not used the pool much, because the children rather like to go to the pools in Aquapark. The pools in Aquapark are all filled with saltwater and the hotel pools was filled with chlorine water.

"Front of Isla Bonita"

La Palma, la isla bonita

by zumodemango

"La Palma is Beautiful"

La Palma is one of the Canary Island, more than beach is to enjoy walking and nature. It's beautiful and vey green. It's not crowded and everything is wonderful.

marquinius's new Canary Islands Page

by marquinius

La Isla Bonita is one of the most beautiful islands you can visit. It is small, and tourism is still "OK". Mostly you will meet hikers, with a few lost real tourists (who didn't get the difference between La Palma and Las Palmas.

Don't go there if you are looking for disco's, white beaches and hordes of drunken teenagers. Go there if you want to make long hikes.

Last but not least: ask for Jean Louis Cerckel, or visit his website at www.lapalmadventure.com He is the best guide you can find and will show you spots on the island you will not find with other guides!

Las Islas Afortunadas

by Belsaita

"(The Fortunate Islands)"

I did spend a few holidays in Canary Islands so far... and still whishing to have the opportunity to return soon. There is not only sun, beach and party!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, these are too... but you will find as well mountains, ancient traditions, volcanoes, excellent food, even snow.

Come and see, you'll not be disappointed. Go there. Go to any island you choose, rent a car and explore the off the beaten path areas. Bad things about the islands usually are said by people who never left their beach resort!

Each island is different.

My favorite is La Palma, green, mountainous, La Isla Bonita (most of the island is a natural park, so you can figure) but there beaches are virtually inexistent.

Lanzarote is amazing as well, but in the opposite side, extremely dry, amazing volcanic landscapes. You fel the power of the Earth there.

The biggest islands, Tenerife and Gran Canaria obviously have more variety, as a general rule the North side is mountainous and greener, more local feel, as the touristy resorts concentrate in the sunnier South.

Never visited Fuerteventura, La Gomera and Hierro yet, but definitely these are on my "to-do" list.

You can find many ferries (have a look at A Ferry) and flights (Binter) connecting islands.

Last but not least... you MUST try the local food.

Have fun!

For more good info:
canary-islands.com

First-time visitor to Canary Islands

by GraydonWilson

I will be travelling through Spain this summer and will be taking an additional jaunt into Morocco. So now I'm contemplating a side trip to the Canary Islands. My guess is that I'll be able to see only one island, but I don't have a clue as to which one would be best.

Would it be best to go to the Canary Islands directly from Spain (like Cadiz), or from Morocco (like Casa Blanca)? I'm having to watch the budget very closely, so any tips anyone might have about keeping it cheap would be appreciated. I'll have a tent and sleeping bag with me, so camping on the beach (if allowable) is a thought.

Thanks.

RE: First-time visitor to Canary Islands

by richie2

im not to sure about how to get to the canaries but i do advise if you could manage to, go to tenerife.I have visited most of the islands and would tenerife was the best by far

RE: RE: First-time visitor to Canary Islands

by Belsaita

I think the easiest and cheapest option will be a cheap flight from Spain, not sure if there are direct flights from Morocco. Maybe even flying from Madrid will probably be cheaper than from closer airports. As well, sometimes package tours are about the same price as plane tickets only. Google for different options and compare.

Regarding which island, it's quite difficult to say as they are quite different. It depends on your likes... from the green 'isla bonita' (La Palma), my personal favourite, perfect for hiking but little nightlife and virtually no beaches to the desert-like Lanzarote, where you can feel the Mother Earth energy at the volcanic lands. Tenerife has a bit of all, so may be a good option for a first timer.

RE: First-time visitor to Canary Islands

by Maria_75

Binter Canarias flies from El Aaiun on the west coast of Morocco to Gran Canaria every saturday. The flight takes about 30 min and a single ticket costs around 75 to 100 euros. They are concidering flights from Agadir and Marrakesch too, but I don't know if it will happen within the next months though.

I'm not too sure how much a planeticket from Spain costs but I'm guessing that you can find cheaper tickets from there. But if you are going from Spain to Morocco then I think it will be cheaper to take the plane from Morocco instead of going back to Spain to take a plane to the Canaries.

Tenerife and Gran Canaria has a few official campinggrounds, but I think you can also camp other places just as long as you don't camp in any of the natural parks or other protected places.

A tip for keeping it cheap is too avoid the touristareas! Prices are many times more than double there compared to other places... If you go to Tenerife or Gran Canaria you should head for the north. This is where the locals live, and where you will find the 'true nature' of the islands.

Just send me a mail, check out my pages or www.grancanarianet.com if you want more info about Gran Canaria or the other islands.

Best regards,