Marylanza Golf Resort

More about Marylanza Golf Resort

Yeah it was Great

by TripAdvisor Member snackerjacker

Marylanza Golf Resort.

5-10 minutes walk from central location.
Newly opened.
Fantastic view from some rooms

Hotel was excellent. Staff very friendly. We were given wrong change and they apologised the next day.

Food is excellent, consistent with what you get on all inclusive but this was pretty exceptional. Odd days was different, but always something for everyone. Fresh pancakes, omelletes in the morning. Champagne, smoked salmon. Fresh pizza and pasta every day amongst other stuff.

3 nice pools. Larger pool has built in bubble pool - find the buttons near to it and your laughing.

Entertainment poor but I think they will have worked on that by next year.

All inclusive drinks good and plentiful with measures.

Always sun bed available.

Rooms very clean and cleaned every day.

Would I stay here again - yes and yes again.

Good family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DebbieDD

Just come back from a ten night stay at the Marylanza Golf Resort,
The hotel is only a few minutes from the centre, but easy walking distance and a few shops and bars nearby.
The hotel is only 3 storey's high and very clean. The rooms are well planned, well equipped with standard furnishings.
The quality of food was very good (great for breakfast), but you are eating the same sort of food lunch and dinner, but there are loads of great places to eat if it gets boring.
There is a bit of a queue for the bar, but they give you very large servings (about 4 x's the normal UK) so, you don't need to go there many times.
All rooms are round the pool, which is handy in the daytime, but can be a bit noisy at night as the entertainment is based round there.
All in all a good family hotel, a good 4 star, did start to get a bit noisy and crowded from the 1st of August, so maybe better out of season. If you can get it at the right price you won't be disappointed.

Heaven on earth!

by TripAdvisor Member bronzed_brit_xx

I have recently returned from the marylanza golf resort and spa and have absolutely fallen in love with the place!
I booked this hotel after being recommended by a friend, however after reading a couple of reviews on here i was a little dubious...how wrong I was! Having previously stayed at the Vulcano and Bitacora I was concerned I may be disappointed, but having been offered the same price all inclusive i thought it was worth trying. food was fantastic, plenty of variety unlike some all inclusives, they even have champagne breakfasts should you choose! Initially we had expected to eat out occasionally but found the food such good quality that we stayed in the hotel for the week! i cannot understand people complaining about lack of entertainment. if you are looking for rowdy intrusive cabaret acts this isnt the place for you....but this is 5* luxury not butlins abroad!! the staff cannot do enough for you, always smiling and attentive throughout your stay. Wonderfully spacious rooms, ideal for travelling with children. All in all a super holiday...have already booked for november. enjoy!!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mez2000

Just arrived back from a Week at the Marylanza with my partner.

Initially we were put into a room overlooking a building site (think this is the spa area) but after we asked reception to move rooms we were put in the golf course view rooms for a small supplement. The staff were all english speaking and exceptionally helpfull.

The rooms were cleaned and towels changed daily, also very spacious.

The food was fantastic, such a large choice, and some of it also freshly cooked while you wait. We contemplated eating out but decided that the hotel food was too good to miss.

The drinks were good also, white wine a bit watery but red quite drinkable and the sangria nice.

Did find that some mornings sundbeds taken by towels, so best to join in an get yours claimed while you can as it was school holidays hotel quite busy.
Entertainment very poor in the hotel, some lovely bars when you walk out and about just avoid Veronicas unless you are 16 and enjoy being sick all over!

Fantastic hotel will definately try and go back again soon!

Relaxing time

by TripAdvisor Member factor1

Had a relaxing time at the Marylanza. Hotel is immaculate. Apartments very spacious with separate room control air-con that was very efficient. Staff a bit frosty for the first few days but when they got to know you soon defrosted however never really felt truly welcome by most of the staff and there was never the personal touch that you get in some hotels. Food lovely, well presented although never as warm as it could be. I had booked all inclusive and was happy with this service except for two things. The lager was absolutely awful and if you know anything about beer you can tell whether it is fresh beer within minutes by the look of the froth on top. Enough said - my opinion only - you might like it. Next....the red and white wine was so awfully disgusting it defies an adjective. The rose was drinkable if you got an uncorked bottle in the dining room. (in fact all uncorked wine was undrinkable) However, beware....after having the corked bottle in the dining room we asked for an uncorked bottle of rose at the bar. However, they gave us an un-corked rose which had the same label as the uncorked we had tasted but was a completely different colour and the taste......well it was most certainly not the same as the corked bottle we had tasted and it was so awful we just left it. Service ok at pool bar although one member of staff was always on his phone talking so sometimes service was limited as his phone calls always lasted longer than the queue. There was champagne available at breakfast but this too was the most undrinkable 'champagne' I have ever tasted. On the last two days there was a terrible smell in the apartment and we reported it to an indifferent staff member at reception. They promised someone would come up to our room to investigate but no-one ever did. Next day everyone was served a glass of real champagne on their way into the dining room - that is - not the same stuff that the AI are served at breakfast. All in all quite a mixed experience and apart from the beautiful decor it was more like a 3 star hotel. I paid £1264 for all inclusive for the week for two adults and this might have been a good deal if we had experienced some of the services of a 5star establishment as rated by the tour operator unfortunately we did not. It was possible to have a massage at the poolside in full view of everyone for 20 Euros but beware if you want a massage in your room to give more privacy the price is 40Euros. The 'spa' feature of the hotel was one of the reasons we choose the hotel...however this was another disappointment. Mixed opinions on reflection not at all what I expected.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BelfastLisa_A

We ( My bf and I ) stayed for a week all inclusive at the Mary Lanza hotel. We had a fantastic time, the hotel is brand new, well designed and very clean. All the staff with the exception of 1 waiter( well you always get 1!) were lovely. Even though we were all inclusive we stayed in an apartment - I think that all the rooms are like this. The kitchen was brilliant and would be perfect if you were staying B&B or self catering. The food was excellant every day, there was so much choice at every meal, something for eveyone. No rubbish food served, all very good quality and presentation was amazing. The location of the hotel is also good, its not right in the centre which we liked cos it was nice and quiet but this might not suit everybody. A 5-10 min walk took us into los cristanios or Playa Las Americas.
The hotel probably wouldnt suit people looking for a lively/clubby holiday as thing were fairly quiet at night times. However its only a short taxi trip away from the main clubs and there are good bars within a very short walk. The only bad thing I could say about the hotel was the Entertainment - there were a few things happening throughout the day ( which to be honest is enough and no one hassled you to join in if you didnt want to) - which was fine but night time was a bit of a disappointment - there were a few good nights like comedy Elvis but even these finished at 10.30 Sharp!
My one bad point aside - this was a fantastic hotel, we had a lovely relaxing holiday, with great food. There were lots of nice little touches like, a glass of champagne after dinner, complementary fruit or drinks served to your sunbed during the afternoon and the chambermaids always did a different fancy turndown of the beds or bathroom towels everyday! We are considering coming back for another week sometime before christmas.

Realy some-thing Special

by TripAdvisor Member owensg

We have just returned from a week all-inc,in this hotel, we found the food excellent with champagne and smoked salmon for breakfast, the staff were all very pleasant, but there was a waiter in the resturant with an attitude problem. The entertainment was limited, but the Elvis impersonater was great and caused a few laughs, the kare-oke was also entertaining on the Thursday evening.... but there was no disco, and the bar closed at 11pm and the lobby bar shut at 12. The rooms were fantastic, spacious, and a seperate bedroom, all cleaned evey day. all in all we were impressed with the hotel,the out door heated pool was great. We would return again in the future to this hotel.

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member AJS88

Stayed a week A.I, food & service was excellent. The hotel describes itself as a 4* as it shows on it's logo, it is the tour operators who rate it as 5*.
The only minor letdown was, as many reviews have said, the entertainment. They try their best but it could really do with an area specifically for the entertainment, not just out by the pool or in the foyer as it was.
All the staff from the maids to the restaurant manager to the receptionist were brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for them.
It is well located far enough off the beaten track to miss all the noise and hustle & bustle of Los Cristianos & Las Americas, yet it's only 15 min's or so walk away if you do want to venture out as are numerous beaches for a walk out after meal times.
Everything was spotlessly clean in the apartment, by the pool, the restaurant, reception, everywhere.
Our room was facing on to the road, but there is hardly any passing traffic and it certainly doesn't stop you sitting out on the patio area.
It's a long time since I stayed anywhere that impressed me so much and I'll definitely be looking for another week there either later this year or sometime in 2008.

Good enough for me

by TripAdvisor Member LeanneWakefield

Overall I think the hotel was great, although I would definately say that the hotel was 4* not 5* as I had seen some websites say.

I thought that the hotel was stunning and it was great to have a separate kitchen/living room even though we were all inclusive.

The cleaners were a bit annoying - I know often people complain that cleaners dont visit enough but they came every day, even when we had a hang over one morning and told them we didnt want a cleaner. They tried to come in a further two times and then finally came in once we had gone out.

The pool was a lot smaller than what we expected from the photos but it was nice and heated. There was also another cold pool. There was some german tactics going on with the loungers but not too bad.

The food/presentation were good and I was surprised that I liked the lager, but the wine was like water. My only complaint about the service would be the outside bar. One day I went to get some water and the member of staff was just finishing serving two guys next to me. She then went to the other side of the bar to serve someone else and didnt come back, just kept serving those that turned up there. Then another member of staff came along and did the same. This also goes to show how rude some british people are as they could quite clearly see that I was stood there when they arrived but were happy to get served and not point out that I was there before them.

I cant say much for the entertainment, especially a singer called Vanessa who sang all Madonna songs and was dreadful, but at least it was geared towards us English, unlike the many holidays ive been to in greece.

Overall very good indeed.

Excellent!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jillykirk

just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel.

The food is excellent fed both myself, partner and 2 children aged 3 and 1 well. But beware this is not pie n chips all inclusive this is very fine food, every type of meat available, the joints of meat are delicious very tender, the stews are very nice all the meats are cooked so the meats just fall apart, there is also a selection of salads and nice desserts. There is also loads of fish. Plenty of choice at each meal time -- quite pleased that snacks we not included as we would have piled the weight on!

The drinks were fine no grumbles at all, especially the fact you can order a large beer!

The staff were excellent -- the restaurant staff all made a great fuss over both our children and remembered us at every meal sonya and eva were great. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and so was the hotel. Although you could smell the drains some nights.

The reception staff to were excellent all spoke excellent english.

The pool areas were fine the kids pool was quite big compared to some hotels we have been to.

The entertainment some nights is a bit poor but its just a 10 min walk into las americas, the dancing fountains are great.

All in all a very relaxing holiday, met loads of people and the kids loved it which makes your holiday a lot easier.

Would return definatly in the future.

Comments