Arquitecto Gomez Cuesta 12, Playa de las Americas, 38640, Spain

Rated 10% higher but also costs 26% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Oro Blanco

perfect!!

by TripAdvisor Member claire1234567

Oh my god this was the bestest holiday ever!!
We arrived at Oro blanco in the evening, it took us all of bout 10 minutes to check in, then we went up to our appartment which was for 7 of us....it was HUGE, so much bigger than we had expected and included everything, as well as having 2 bathrooms and 3 balconys.
The appartments were ideal as they were perfect distance from all the clubs and bars, easy walking distance yet not too noisy at night! The appartment definetly met my expectations and the pool was good too!
Only downside that I can say is that some of the staff are a bit rude there. The receptionist was very rude to us and tryed to tell us that 90% of English people are scum!!! RUDE! and was very unhelpful when are friend was ill and we needed some help. Also the bar staff like to complain A LOT if you don't have the exact change. But the reps were amazing, a real good laugh and really helpful, they organised practically our whole holiday for us making things a lot easier for us!
It really was a great holiday and I definetly would recommend Oro Blanco to any group of friends up for a good holiday!

Best holiday ever!!

by TripAdvisor Member Sara_Jane_21

Me and 2 friends all aged 20-21 went to Tenerife the 16th-23rd June, and stayed at ORO BLANCO. The hotel was amazing especially for the price we paid! The Rooms were really clean and modern looking and the view from our balcony was gorgeous! The rooms had everything you needed and the pool was clean and neva overcrowded. There were loads of sun loungers aswell, even though these could get a bit busy as peak time. The hotel has a small pool bar which did lush cooked breakfasts, that did the trick the morning after! The reps were brilliant and helped us out with loads of things. Would def recomend booking some of the activities through them, they were such a good laugh! The hotel is only 5mins mins walk to all the pubs, bars and clubs, and we made friends with some really cool people from the hotel while we were there. Found staff to be helpful, and all spoke good english. However we did get told off a few times by the security gurad for being a bit noisy, but they were always nice to us! Would definatley recommend this hotel, was one of the best weeks ever and ive already booked to go bak, altough unfortunatly couldnt get into oro blanco!

Ace holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member lilyg

Me and a friend both aged 20 stayed at the Oro Blanco apts for one week during July. The apartment was a one bed and was big enough for the two of us. Had a great view of the pool and a sea view from the balcony. Rooms were clean and had everything you needed, maid service was everyday but didn’t always make the beds. Pool was quite small for complex but was lovely and was never over crowded. Sun beds surround the pool but get there early if you want one because they go quick!!
Was wary about the 'ladies of the night' mentioned in some of the reviews, but needn‘t have been because we didn’t see any.

Los Christianos is only a short walk away and is full of great shops and places to eat. The beaches here are also really nice and have white sand.
I highly recommend renting a peddlo which was great fun and going on the banana boat which was excellent!! The water park aqualand is also great but overcharged so take your own food or buy it from the spar just outside which we did as we ran out of money!! And you have to go on the boomerang it’s the best ride in there!! Also book it outside of the hotel as its cheaper and you can get the free bus too.

The staff were friendly enough but could have been more helpful apart from the English woman who worked behind the bar, she was really friendly.
Also they keep both of your passports why I do not know! The rep wasn’t much help ether and didn’t really know much.
There isn’t really any entertainment at the hotel, but the strip is in walking distance and is full of loads of lively bars and night clubs.
You cant really hear the music from the apts so it wont keep you awake but the security guard who patrols at night probably will instead!

Overall the holiday was excellent and would highly recommend it for younger people and couples. There’s not much in the way of children's facilities here but older children would love it.
One week just wasn’t long enough and would def go back!!

Chilling out in hot sun!

by TripAdvisor Member GarethJC

My friends and I finished our holiday today and we had a great week. The three of us are all mid 20s and we wanted a relaxed holiday with nice food a good atmosphere and a decent pool. I did a real budget trip to Tenerife 5 years ago, a real 18-30s deal and this was far superior.

We were really impressed with the hotel when we got there, although a late checkout of a previous group and our early arrival meant we sat in the bar for about an hour before we got into our room, but even that was pleasant enough. The apartment was really spacious for the 3 of us, very tidy and kitted out with all essentials and a few non essentials (I think one of my group found a blender in the cupboard). We had 2 balconies and a really nice view over the pool area and the giant chess set by it.

The resort was really handy for loads of bars and restaurant nearby, the latter being more of interest to our group, and you could find pretty much anything kind of food you wanted within a very short distance, although it is worth the 10 min walk to a restaurant on the seafront as well.

The place was really tidy, I was impressed that the staff were around really early pulling the sun loungers into neat rows and even pressure washing the front courtyard. The room seemed to be cleaned at somewhat random intervals but the staff were friendly and efficient.

There were a large proportion of the 18-30 age group on the resort but I think this is more a matter of the time of year we went, outside of school holidays. There was music playing from the bar by the pool during the day but after 11 or 12 at night the place was nicely quiet - even my group got reminded to keep the volume down when we were chatting on the balcony but the security staff were really polite so it was nice to know they were keeping an eye on things. Considering the last resort I stayed on Tenerife was a bona fide 18-30 resort and had music playing at 4am and no visible security staff, I much prefer the Oro Blanco.

I probably won't go back to Tenerife again for a while, other places to see, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back and I'll definitely consider this resort again.

A great holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member Welshchick260391

Us 3 welsh girls aged 15,21,24 just returned from staying at the oro blanco! Had an amazing time!

Was a little weary after hearing the negative reports on the hotel but after my stay i was totally overwelmed!

The only downside to this hotel was that our coach transfer dropped us on the opposite side of the road! And it is a busy one at that! There is a zebra crossing although the cars will almost definatley not stop! However this problem was not directly linked to the hotel!

First impressions.. the hotel was very clean and tidy, in reception there was seats, information boards, and computers with internet access. A euro for every 15 mins.

Checking in was easy and took only 5 minutes. Passports are kept in recepetion for the whole duration of your holiday.

There are 2 lifts in the hotel, so getting suitcases up and down isnt a problem.

Our room was for 3 people. It was very clean, perhaps a little outdated with the decor, but had everything we needed. 2 single beds,and one sofa that can be used as another. We had one bathroom, with a bath/shower. Was sometimes cold however! But who needs a hot one when the weather is boiling?! There was a TV in our room, which you can pay a euro for an hour, the TV has music channels and also BBC1, (we found this very useful for watching eastenders!) The balcony was spacious with table and chairs, and a clothes airer. Although we did not use the self catering facilities they did seem to be good! There was a fridge, hob, lots of cupboard space! toaster, kettle, and cuttlery. I recommend you do hire a safe which costs 18 euros but you get 10 euros back at the end of your holiday.

The pool area is very clean, and the pool is an adequate size perhaps a little crowded with the amount of inflatables the kids bring in the water! There is a deep end, and a shallow one, which are sectioned off. Then there is a small baby pool. There was plenty of sunloungers, and there was ever a shortage, as there was 2 areas, a terrace, and then around the pool.

There is a poolside bar, the staff were really nice and friendly expecailly the welsh one from camarthern! There are several pool tables, at which a game will cost you a euro! And all the latest music is played all day long!

The pool bar sells unbeliveably cheep alcohol in the nights! Compared to the main nightlife! On veronicas or starcos (the main strips of clubs) you expect to pay around 21 euros for a round of drinks. In the hotel bar you can pay just 6 euros for 3 bottles buy one get one free! And with the kareoke quiz and bingo on thursday you should start your night here before going out to the clubs! Food isn't to bad either selling good english breckfasts,sandwhich's and other snacks!

There is a sauna and jacuzzi in the hotel, although we did not use these. It was 3 euros for 15 minutes for both.

In the nights there was a security guard on control, which keeps all the young groups quiet when they come in at night.

The hotel is only 5 minutes walk away from all the resturants, clubs and pubs! Although the hotel is still suprisingly quiet! Be prapared for the PR'S, they are a little to in your face!

Good place to eat are :

- Chinese round the corner(turn right out of hotel) the right again and you will come accross it!

- Good resturants along the sea front! Good steaks for around 6 euros! One of them sells drinks in pint glasses shaped like boots!

- Wigan pier sells good english pub food!

Good clubs:

Linekers!, Yates, Tramps, Rags, Bobbys, and Branigans!

I never did see one cockroach when i was there in the hotel! So cleaners did a good job! They came in every other day!

When staying in Playa de las americas be sure to take a trip to aqualand! However do not book through rep!!!!! They charge you way more! And there is a free bus you can catching running outside 'tenerife sol' hotel. This day out is a must! Free dolphin show in with the 23 euros it costs! And is outstanding!!!!! Children can get involved! Its is great!

Overall this holiday has been really good,and i recommend this hotel to everyone!

a nice hotel - was surprised!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jobenconnor

me, my husband and 8 yr old son stayed here in august '06,and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was, as i had read the reviews before i went and i ended up worrying about my stay unduly.although they drop you off over the main road, it was 4.30am so wasnt very busy!!!,check in took 2 mins and was pleased with the standard of the room.It had a nice balcony, was clean and tidy and had everthing we needed.the hotel is in a great location - close to the nightlife but quiet enough to get some sleep-although there was a music festival on over the road which kept us awake till 5am for 4-5 nights!!!.found most staff to be friendly although i think that we were overcharged with renting a safe as ive read on here that other people paid a lot less than we did so please watch out. hotel had no entertainment on in the 2 weeks we stayed apart from the odd dvd being shown,so we had to go out every night for something to do which does eat into your money quite a lot.and through the whole 14 days there, i never managed to bag a sunbed round the pool as it was always packed although i used the sun terrace - my fault i suppose for not getting up at the crack of dawn!!!.we hired a car and parked it in the hotel car park but found a note on the window telling us "DONT PARK HERE AGAIN!!!" from the receptionist although there was plenty of spaces empty.we found out it was because we hadnt hired it from the place next to the hotel!! felt that was very unfair so we still parked it there anyway!!! otherwise the hotel was fine - it was clean- and we felt safe - and the location is great. we recommend "the tavern" pub next door for food-the fillet steak and mushroom sauce is lush and only 10 euros.try the 'la vista' beach and the aquapark. but please avoid the scratchcard people (very annoying, they will say anything to lure you to their offices so they get paid and they dont give up easily!!!).all in all though we found the hotel quite nice and i would recommend this hotel, i'd give it an 8/10.

18-30s holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member ema-xx

just got back from tenerife. stayed in the apartments with my parents and boyfriend. the apartments were big enough for a family to stay although they werent very clean. we stayed there for 10 days and the cleaners only cleaned our room about 4 times throughout our stay. the oru blanco was recommened to us as a family holiday but it seems to me its more of a 18-30s holiday which wasnt a problem for me but to other people with young kids. the last nite we stated there some people went in the pool and a member of staff from recpetion asked them to get out which they did, he then called security and demanded the man to hit the people with a trunction. we found this very extreme and the staff very unfair. there was no entertainment on the night and the pool bar closed fairly early. although the apartments are in a good position i wouldnt go back there again as i found the rooms very unclean. we felt as though we were more on a prison camp than a holiday!

Overall I was generally satisfied with the O Blanco

by TripAdvisor Member Nicola1970

I have just returned from the Orlo Blanco and found the property to be pretty average. I arrived quite late and was horrified when I opened my apartment. The room was so tiny I could have lay in my bed and cooked my breakfast! The room was based on 3 people sharing, as there were only 2 of us I had to pay an under occupancy charge. This room was not big enough for the 2 of us never mind a 3rd. There was no balcony and the only ventilation was a tiny window which looked out onto a wall! I asked at reception to be moved to a larger room and they referred me to my holiday rep. In fairness my friend and I were moved very quickly the next day however we had to pay an extra 115 Euro. Our 2nd room was much larger however pretty basic. The shower was broken and the lights kept fusing when I plugged in the toaster and kettle. The curtains, which I think, were originally white were in need of a good clean. I recall our room being cleaned twice, this entailed our bin being emptied. On the 4th day we asked for clean towels and was told we would have to wait until tomorrow. On chatting with other residents they all told me their rooms were very spacious with 2/3 bedrooms and 1/2 bathrooms so perhaps we were just unlucky. I was a bit disappointed to find there was no aircon and I had to rent a fan for 30 Euro, it was so old and clogged with dust that it made little or no difference.The pool area was nice apart from the broken tiles on the steps into the pool itself. The snacks on sale weren't up to much. Good location to bars and restaurants. Nearby bar called Christys does a fabulous Sunday roast, I'd really recommend it. I was impressed with the security as they ensured there was no noise after midnight. Thought they were a bit OTT at times though. All in all not a bad place to spend a week however if you're giving key 214 run!!!!

Ok

by TripAdvisor Member Legs12

Me and my boyfriend stayed at these studio/apartments in September this year. The room was very nice, quite modern, pretty clean and tidy. There was a tv, cooker fridge etc.

I was a bit dissapointed as we were woken up several nights with loud noise i.e. people shouting and banging. Although this only lasted 5 minutes or so it was just the fact that we were woken up! Apart from this the place was very nice and the maids came in often.

It is a bout a 15 minute walk down to the patch and 10 minutes to Veronicas strip.

Overall good.

Looking SouthLooking South

Swimming in GarachicoSwimming in Garachico

Montana Roja summitMontana Roja summit

Teide cable carTeide cable car

accommodation

by chris150157

has anyone got an appartment in torviscas, fanabe or sunset harbour areas of tenerife for 1st jan-15th must be good quality and have a full cooker, if so please advise location, complex, cost & piccys if poss.
Hoping for a reply Regards Christine

Re: accommodation

by kbr61263

i have fdound holidaylettings.co.uk to have some nice looking accom at reasonable prices. the website lets t you filter results on alot odf differnt requirements, so its easy to narrow down the search.
holiday-rentals and owners direct alos seem to have plenty. I had problems paying deposits to the first of these, in some cases though (its done directly with the owners)

Comments