Avda Antonio Dominguez Alfonso 8, Playa de las Americas, 38660, Spain

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

ANOTHER PERFECT HOTEL.....

This hotel is renowned for its excellent facilities ( 2 big pools) and offers sports, daytime activities and international shows in the evening.

There is a golf course and it has the best shopping and entertainment areas.....

It is strategically situated in the nicest part of PLAYA DE LAS AMéRICAS, near the beach of course.......it is really GREAT!

Directions: in the southern point of Tenerife, near the Airport Reina Sofia......

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo

ANOTHER FINE HOTEL.....

This hotel is renowned for its excellent facilities (2 big pools e.g.) and offers sports, daytime activities and international shows in the evening....

It is a 4 **** Hotel, which means: GREAT and.... it was!

More about Vulcano Hotel

Loved the Vulcano Hotel

We stayed at the Vulcano Hotel in March 2006. Had a fantastic holiday, the Hotel was spotless, food excellent as was the accomodation. The Hotel was kept to a very high standard at all times. The only small downfall was the pool layout, not much space around the lines of sun beds, but as we used the beach most days this was not a problem. Hope to visit this Hotel again soon.

I would recommend the Vulcano...

by mhudspith

I would recommend the Vulcano Hotel. Its 4 star and was actually very reasonably priced when we went for some winter sun. The entrance lobby is more like a tropical rain forest....

Pre Baby Holiday (Probably Our Last1)

by TripAdvisor Member Gizmo100

My husband and I have just returned from spending a week in The Hotel Vulcano and its one of the quickest holidays we have had.

As I used the reviews at Tripadvisor to choose my hotel, I am returning the favour with the following points:

Bedroom

We have a room at the side of the hotel so it didn’t have the pool view. We didn’t have sky sports either so this may only be available in the pool view rooms. The maids were very good and the room was cleaned immaculately. If you wanted to hire a fridge (for your own drinks) they simply emptied the minibar so you could put your own in. The cost was 30 euros a week. We declined as it was a small fridge and put our own soft drinks in which you aren’t allowed to do. The only time this was a problem and the only time a staff member was rude was when we were leaving. We paid our bill about 20 mins before leaving and when getting our cases from the room, a man came to check the mini bar. He said we should remove all our own drinks (I told my husband to do this before the chap arrived and he didn’t) – when I said we were leaving that minute anyway he took them all out and then locked the minibar so we couldnt get back in. Some friends said they have had this before in hotels but I thought this OTT - the chap was out of order the way he spoke to me while my husband stood there and I am 6 months pregnant! You don’t need to take a beach towel with you either. You can rent beach towels for 1 euro for a week from Receptions which 99% of the guests did.

Pool

The pool is very popular and pool towels are down from 7am in the morning. Unfortunately after a few days it was a case of if you cant beat them join them – we never left towels down then didn’t use the sunbed though a small minority were guilty of this. The pool bar and snack bar had good food plus it wasn’t expensive so there wasn’t a strong desire to go out for lunch if you were already at the pool.

Food

The food is fantastic at the Hotel Vulcano and there is a very wide variety. Dinner is from 6.20pm – 9.30pm. We found most people were down at 7.15pm. The good thing is you can eat at the sister hotel Hotel Bitacora across the road just by asking at reception the day before. We did that and as well as a change of scene the food was different to. I would recommend getting the Spring Card when you arrive (you should get it with your key). As well as discounts on local shops for guests, you get 10% of your food and drink bill at the hotel so make sure you put in on your room to get the discount. Always present them with the slip with your room number or they wont put it onto your room.

Staff

The staff were very friendly and accommodating – the only bad apple was the mini bar man but there is always one!

Clientele

Those staying at the Vulcano are mostly retired and they all seemed to keep to themselves. If you have a family I would recommend the Bitacora since that had a lot of families in it.

At Night

There is entertainment at the hotel at night which varies each night and we never seen the same act twice. We tended to go out for a walk round the safari shopping centre and the walkway by the beach. There is a bar called Bar Buda which is just down from the hotel and it also had a band each night which would probably appeal more to my age groups (early 30’s). We seen Romeo and Juliet which is produced by the theatre group in Tenerife which was £25 each but turned out the be the best night we had in Tenerife. They did Carmen before and it was supposed to be very good.

Excursions

We did 2 arranged through our travel rep – day tour of the island and half day to Santa Cruz. I wouldn’t recommend the day round the island – the chap we had talked really quickly and with a strong accent – none of us could make him out! Also he took us to really odd places like liqueur tasting rushing us by the main attraction at that sight, a café in an industrial town in the middle of no-where and a zoo off the motorway for lunch for 2 hours. Unfortunately I get upset with Zoos and was annoyed because the rep has said we would spend 2 hours in Santa Cruz (we just passed it) and I presumed this would be for lunch. It was really odd the way everyone was herded into this Zoo restaurant plus getting your photo before you sat down (paying for it after). We just walked out while everyone went in. My husband and I crossed the intersection and went to a local restaurant which was busy and cost us 10 euros for a 2 course meal plus 4 drinks!!! Ten minutes after getting on the bus we visited a leather factory shop again in the middle of no where and paying prices twice what they are back home. I felt as if we were stopping at the tour guides pals businesses !!!! I felt we were getting completely ripped off. We never went into any of the other resorts, we simply passed them up a hill with the tour guide saying ‘that’s it on your left’ before driving off.

Santa Cruz was much more successful – for a start our guide was excellent. He had been a guide for many years and was extremely knowledgeable – in fact we learnt more on the 1 hour there and back to Santa Cruz on the bus with him than we had learned on the full day excursion. We had went to Santa Cruz to shop for gifts to take back home. I found there prices were a lot more reasonable than Las America and the selection was wide and varied with lots of individual shops. The Cortes Ingles department store is also good for buying gifts.

Conclusion

I would recommend anyone to stay at the Hotel Vulcano. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday. If we were to return (most of the people we spoke to go there every year) we will probably go to the Bitacora which is more child orientated.

excellent holiday

by TripAdvisor Member welshgirl

All areas of the hotel were kept spotless and the bedrooms cleaned every day clean towels daily if you needed them
entertainment catered mainly for the older person but if you walk about 5 mins from the hotel towards the seafront on the left is a small row of bars with entertainment for all ages comedians singers etc.
the food was fantastic with so much choice everyday and it catered for everyone.
the sun loungers were our biggest gripe about the hotel as most days we had to go the beach as there wasn't one single lounger available after 9.30am
I have only just read the review about telling the lifeguard and wish I read it prior to leaving although i'm sure it would have caused a riot turfing someone out of there spot.
definately fill in the form they give you on check in for the spring card as we saved 15% off our bar bill at the end just ask them to put any extras on your room e.g bottles of wine with your meal etc. It will save you a lot.
Also go to the happy hour between 6pm and 7 pm 2 for 1 on all drinks except cocktails a really good deal
watch out for the touts they are a real pain!!!!!
just walk past them and tell them firmly no or if they follow you like they did us tell them to bugger
off they are a nightmare and we saw loads of people falling for their ploys,it will cost you dearly if you stop.
apart from that it was a fab hol and the weather was really hot.
hope this has been of use to someone have fun x

Don't go unless you are over 60!

Well what can I say. After reading all the fantastic reviews I decided to stay at this hotel for a weeks holidays in Nov 2005.

Accommodation was fine, but really the food is nothing to rave about. The vegetables served were the "frozen variety". The salads were the same every night. My advice is to go B&B only and have your meals outside.
The worst part was the towels being laid out on the sun beds well before you go down there. (Do some guest sleep there at night???) Very fustrating when you come down to lie by the pool and find out half the hotel have laid out their towels, but are nowhere to be found.......

Night time entertainment is for above 60's only.

To summarise, don't go unless you want to wake up at 7:00am to leave out your towel on the sunbed, then go back to your room and sleep til 10am.....

Very beautiful hotel

This is a brilliant hotel with a lot of class. From the baggage holders to carry your bags from arrival, to the friendly waiters always quick to serve you. The food is lovely: big choice of buffet, the pool is good size, the hotel overall is a very good looking building, and is extremely popular. i think it fully deserves the four star rating, and i do not regret it at all. LOve it!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent once again

This is our 5th holiday at the Vulcano and the standards are still top class. The rooms were excellent and the food was superb and very varied. The added bonus for us this year was that they made the restaurant no smoking as they have throughout the hotel except in designated areas. The entertainment is not to my personal taste but there are several bars with good entertainment just round the corner. This hotel is well placed , in a nice area for going for a long walk. This year we went on the local bus to the village of La Calleta ( 1.25 euros) and then strolled home.I highly recommend this hotel and will be returning again next year to meet all the friends I have made over the years. The number of people who return year after year says something for this hotel.

Relaxation in the Vulcano

by TripAdvisor Member ghosthost

Just had eleven nights relaxation in the Vulcano, lovely room, excellant food, excellant location. It is one of the few hotels that has a heated outdoor swimming pool, gorgeous, I only have one complaint and that is that all the sunbeds are set out in regimental rows and by 6a.m every morning, every bed was covered by a towel, good job I'm not a pool person.

Exchange Rate

by terrypam

Hi,

Will I get a better deal if I change my Sterling into Euros in Tenerife.

If the answer is yes, where in Las Americas can I get the best deal.

Regards,

Terrypam

RE: Exchange Rate

by butchill

the answer is yes and there are a places where you can get a very good rate you will have to look round

by paul4469

Admiral are usually the best or equal to the best available

by terrypam

Thanks Butchill & Paul 4469 for your answers to my question.

Paul, I will be staying at Compostella Beach Resort in Las Americas is ADMIRAL nearby.

Regards,

Terrypam

by albleroy

Dear ,
For the best you can go, when you are on Compostelle beach to Dennis , he is lockated on the following adress :
Premier U.K. Excursions
Local n° 4 Hotel Vulcano
Las Americas22795243

You will think , where is that lockated??
Comming from Compostella you follow the big boulevard in the direction to the Hotels Santiago 3 - 4 and 5 . Once you are on Restaurant "El Arrozal" on your right hand you will see a smal road , follow this. Here you arrive on the backside of the Hotel Vulcano; Here you have to be. Just before the building a small path, and a covered way of the centro commercial . Here you have to go on the left side and 50meters further you will see his shop , a lot of publiof all diff excusions and a tarif of change !!! Greetings to Dennis from Albert the botanico!! Here I am allways renting my cars and changing monney !!
Happy holidays ,
Albert

RE: Exchange Rate

by parky27

the exchange rate in tenerife as of 02/03/07 was 146, to the pound so i would advise taking sterling, also debit\from cash machines in tenerife is 143, hope this helps regards

Comments