Westhaven Bay

Las Galletas, 38630, Spain
Westhaven Bay
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Isla de Tenerife

They're bigger than they seem!They're bigger than they seem!

El TeideEl Teide

Sunset on descent from Montana BlancaSunset on descent from Montana Blanca

The dragonThe dragon

Tenerife telephone dialing and cards question

by travelnut71

1) I would like to know any good calling cards that don't charge connection fees from within Tenerife, and one that can be used to call North America. Any good suggestions? So basically, 2 different cards here...

2) If I am say in Tenerife and I want to call a number, like a hotel in Tenerife or a cab from a phone booth, how do I dial the number?

3) I am in Tenerife and I want to dial in another area in Tenerife , say .. how do I dial? How about to Madrid?

4) I am in Tenerife and I have a calling card and I want to dial to North America.. how do I do that..

5) What is the emergency number in Tenerife? In North America it's free and it's 911. Any other useful numbers? How about information? Here is it 411 and it's also free from a phone booth.

Is it the same for Madrid, since I am going there also?

Thanks. I will have to ask this for another country as well.

Re: Tenerife telephone dialing and cards question

by Aitana

Since many years ago all the telephone numbers in Spain have 9 digits, so once in Spain, no matter if you are calling to the same city, to a nearby location or to another province, you will have to dial 9 digits, being the first one a 9 (fixed-line phones) or a 6 (mobile phones). You will notice that the Tenerife phone numbers start with 922, Madrid phone numbers with 91... but the area codes are integrated in the 9 digits numbers.

The emergency number is 112. This is the number for all kind of emergencies all over Europe. Anyway, there are some specific numbers (police, firement, etc), but a unique number is easy to remember and in case you have to dial it, you will be attended fast and effectively (from my own experience).
Here you are some useful numbers in Tenerife:

No idea about calling cards. Let's hope someone else can help.

Travel Tips for Isla de Tenerife

the love of my life!

by angelica1984

Tenerife has got a whole relaxed, surfish, careless air about it. Everyday is a holiday, even if you work, and even if you start your job at halv seven in the morning. Everyday is a party, you just have to find it.
It´s sunny, loads of gorgeus surfers (not so gorgeus waves though), and even the days when you´re feeling sick, it´s pouring down with rain and you just saw your big crush kiss another girl, it´s still.... not that bad.... Because you know that there´s a new adventure waiting around the corner, and things will be bright again. its a little bit too personal... it involves a certain italian guy, on a certain sofa, in this certain apartament, in a resedencial called san rafael (las tortugas). he said some stuff too me that I had been wanting to hear for a looong time, and... I have sooo many great memories from tenerife, but that night was really special. and its not so much about tenerife, rather about him, about him and me, but hes a really big memory that I have from tenerife, since hes been there all the time that Ive been there, with all the shared friends, parties and... experiences... so Id still say its my fondest memory of tenerife. Hes my fondest memory of tenerife.

Loro Parque and scuba diving

by TinKan

When you get to Tenerife you must go to Loro Parque. It is just a great way to spend a day and it is one of the nicest parks I have ever been to.

Visit the Thai pavilion, it is the largest traditional Thai construction ever built outside Thailand. Scuba diving with the stingrays was a blast.

Beach Showers

by mazzap

If you're anything like me, the first thing you look for in a good beach is a shower! Well Tenerife is definitely high on my list for places that provide this simple but in my opinion 'necessary' facility!

Every beach in Playa de las Americas and Los Cristianos seems to have them - and they work!

Hiking on Tenerife

by Muya

With so many beautiful landscapes, walks are an appropriate thing to do on Tenerife. Many paths exist all around the island. Some are quite hard, remember that the sun is quite heavy there :-) One of the most popular starts in Masca and gets down to the sea. People are brought by bus to Masca and start the walk there for +/- 2h30 until they reach the coast. Then they can have a swim in the sea and rest on the beach before the boat comes to pick them up. I’ve never done this walk, but having been to Masca, I know it must be so lovely !
I also noticed a lot of walks starting in the area of the Pico del Ingles and going in the Anaga mountain or the forests of las Mercedes.

Sunset on Tenerife

by DUNK67

Watching the sun go down over the sea. There are some really stunning sunsets on Tenerife but I never seem to be in the right place at the right time to take a decent photo.
(Sorry about the picture being a little bit blurred, too many Tequillas.)

Comments