Arona Gran Hotel (Avenida Maritima Sn.)

Avenida Maritima Sn
Hotelsclick.com Hotels.com Despegar.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Arona Gran Hotel (Avenida Maritima Sn.)

My favourite hotel would...

by jarto

My favourite hotel would probably be Arona Grand Hotel. That hotel looked great and expensive. We stayed at the Hotel Costamar which is the high tower next to Arona. The hotel was a dump (sorry to say) with roaches and next to no service but that didn't matter much.

GREAT SURPRISE

I just came back from my holiday at the Arona Gran.

I was a bit surprised with the comments posted in the last months advising of the bad service provided in the hotel.Hotel where I used to stay in my previous visits .

I have found the hotel even better than my last visit and some areas have been refurbished recently.

I will keep recommending this hotel to all my family and friends and certainly will come back.

noisy generator

I booked the Arona Gran as I was on my own and wanted good entertainment at night, massages, facials, etc and in a good location. I could not get any treatments done. There was a shop near the reception area that I managed to catch open one day and had a facial at 8.00 pm that night in the shop window! The food was good and the rooms was great - until the last night when the generator kept me awake ALL NIGHT. I would have prefered to have stayed in Costa Adeje as Los Christianos is now very run down. The evenings were very boring as there was a gap between evening meal and the entertainment and I did not want to walk around the town on my own, although you could sit in the lounge area - people were not very friendly and nobody bothered to talk. It is a lovely hotel for couples but I would not recommend a person on their own.

A bit of perspective required

I think some of the recent reviewers are being a little harsh on the Arona Gran. Having read them before we went we were extremely apprehensive. Comments such as it is 1* are unfair and cause unnecessary anxiety - fine if people have had bad experiences to write about them but it should be done objectively.

We stayed there last week and found it to be fine - we are both seasoned travellers having stayed in good hotels all around the world - some of these reviewers expect the world and not have to pay for it. There are better hotels in Las Americas / Costa Adeje but they are significantly more expensive.

If you want a sea view room then pay for it beforehand rather than chance getting one and then complaining you have to wait for a move.

Our room was clean and fresh and the bathroom completely adequate - definitely not smelly. Perhaps we were lucky with the maid who looked after our room.

Staff were perfectly pleasant and the reception were extremely helpful. Perhaps a bit of Spanish helps.

The restaurant was like most hotels these days - unfortunately they've all realised far more profit can be made from mass buffets. We now always try to go B&B wherever we stay. Restaurants were excellent in the resort - especially La Rana and El Molino Blanco.

There could be a bit more space around the pools but we had no problems getting sunbeds.

All in all we thought it to be fine but would probably go elsewhere in the future.

Go Go Go!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Coconutwoman

My husband and I are just back from a week in the arona. Despite catering for the Saga age group, it was a fantastic hotel to stay in - you get what you pay for. Clean, classy and situated perfectly - close enough to walk into the action of bars and shops but far enough away that you can have a peaceful and relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle of the americas..Staff in the hotel are helpful and can't do enough. The restaurant staff are exceptional and the food is varied, delicious and recommended! No dicky tummy!There are no squads of children running around without parental care or loud mouthed yobs - perhaps because the hotel is a wee bit dearer than the rest-and the folks staying here tend to be respectful and civilised.

Make sure you get your Spring Hotels discount card that gets you money off in shops and things - free just for staying in the hotel.

The beach at the hotel isn't where I'd like to lie but there is a few great beaches about 5 - 10 minutes walk away. It is worth paying extra for the seaview from your room- you will not regret it. It's beautiful sitting on your balcony listening to the waves crashing onto the beach with some magical sunsets to boot.

If you have the chance, go on the Mount Teide evening jeep safari - up the mountain at sunset for a champagne dinner and some star gazing! Loro parque is just a normal zoo but if you like that sort of thing- make sure you book the trip at the hotel rather than go through the travel rep and you'll save yourself 10 euros per person.

All in all a fab break. If you stay in the arona, don't get your hopes up for great entertainment (unless you are german and aged 70+). The piano bar is good but the evening show is dire- there is a great wee bar across from the hotel called the church that does meals and has stars in your eyes type singers. Worth a look there instead or take a wander for 10 minutes to the busier centre of los cris/ las americas.

Comments