Urb Oasis del Sur, Los Cristianos, Tenerife, 38650, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity HotelTravel.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Perfect All Inclusive Resort

At first, the £600 per person including flight and All Inclusive Rate seemed steep for just one week. However, the food was lovely, the drinks were aplenty and of lovely quality and staff were very friendly. There were 3 swimming pools, one exclusively for adults which we appreciated very much. It was a welcome change to have free use of sunbeds and umbrellas. Imagine how much we saved on renting beds and parasols at the beach. We did eat out a couple of nights as a treat. We found that the wrist bands we were provided with to denote that we were on all inclusive meant that some restaurant staff down town didn't pester us to come in as they knew we were on the AI deal. Drinks outside of the hotel were very cheap at only 1 euro for a pint of lager. Hairdressing facility at Paradise Park was lovely, staff very accomplished and very good value for money. We would go back to this hotel. We met others who had stayed there on numerous occasions. Sometimes lunch was al fresco. weather was lovely...and not a cockroach in site...I would highly recommend.

Unique Quality: Very clean pool water, lovely view from bedroom balcony of swimming pool and beach. Less than 10 minutes walk from promenade

Directions: 5 minute walk up the hill from the Sunday Market at the East end of Los Cristianos

More about Hotel Paradise Park

Paradise Lost

Paradise Park Tenerife If this had been our first trip to this hotel there would not have been another, but unfortunatly there was. How can such a good hotel go so bad so quickly? To call it an hotel would be wrong, more like a buildig site. The roof and the top floor is out of bounds due to work being carried out, the ground floor is roped off due to falling debris from the roof, the new complex is undergoing remedial work allready and to top it all they have employed what must be the rudest reception manager on the island.Of course all this is mentioned on ther advertising, no you find out when you get there.Luckily we spent as much time as possable away from the hotel in freindlier parts of the island.

Paradise lost

We booked this hotel 6 months prior to going and read the reviews which indicated the hotel was of good quality. 2 weeks before we went the travel agent rang to say the hotel was having building work.....things just went from bad to worse after that. Upon being booked in there were a queue of people all with minor complaints - a bad start. The hotel itself is dark and dingy, I presume to hide the tired paintwork and furnishings. The room was indeed 4 star - in 1985. The T.V looked as though it had been recovered from a skip, the wall paper was worn, the bedroom furniture covered in burns and scratches. the slates on the floor were cracked and our bedroom view was a road and a builders skip. Upon complaining to the hotel staff we were initially (and without any prompting) offered full board. This is obviously the standard response to guests disappointed by the hotel. We did not accept this and we were then told to use a payphone in the hotel to ring the rep. This did not work - stalemate. The staff were surly and unhelpful and only after raised voices in the lobby were we offered the services of a hotel phone to air our grievances. I cannot fault the tour company as the following day we were moved to the Hotel Jacaranda - a proper 4 star hotel. Paradise Park is a moderate 3 star at best, not a four star hotel and I will not be returning....even if it was free.

mexico to paradise

by TripAdvisor Member BRIANWITHJOYCE

visited paradise park in late july.should have been in mexico but hurricane emily caused that holiday to be cancelled 24hrs before flying.took last 2 seats on plane to tenerife and booked paradise park.having done no research(no time).i was delighted with my stay,the hotel was spotless and our room had everything i could ask for aircon fridge tv sea view and pool view even lights that came on when you opened the wardrobes.a new pool complex called aqualisa had recently opened with jacussi and huge circular pool, lots of loungers and shades and all free for guests.we stayed b&b and the breakfast was superb,huge choice and as much as you wanted.the walk down to los cristianos took 15mins the journey back was uphill and well worth the 2euros in a taxi.friendly staff, very little noise at night, i look forward to a return visit.

Well worth a try

by TripAdvisor Member prochg

Had two excellent weeks at the paradise park. Apartment overlooked new leisure centre and the sea in the distance. Food excellent. Pools very family friendly and also areas to get away from all the activity. (shame the hotel is going adult only later this year) Entertainment team first class, no fuss just join in if you want to. Some good shows in the evening. Great bus service to beach. You must try a meal at the Atlantic Restaurant.

On the down side drinks quite expensive especially soft drinks, refurbishments of appartments started last few days which created alot of noise. Not alot to do if you did not want to venture far in the evening. Although taxi's are fairly cheap to the busy area's.

overall though well worth a go if the price is right.

Building work a pain, nice place!

by TripAdvisor Member Pinkbeachball

I recently returned from the Paradise Park, I went with my Grandmother who has been coming to this hotel for 20 years. I was impressed by the quality and variety of the food, the service and helpful staff and was impressed with the suite we got upgraded to in the last few nights. There was building work going on which we didnt know about and this did spoil the trip as monday to friday all you could hear was drilling, also the top sun terrece was closed which was a disappointment also to my grandmother.
I found the standard renovated room to be average (3rd floor), I understand the the rooms on the 4th 5th and 6th floor and still to be done.
My grandmother always requested the 7th floor as the views from there are excellent, they have however upgraded these to suites, very nice indeed if you can afford the extra, if not I would request the 6th floor if views are more important that the quailty of the room ( if travlling soon) and 3rd floor if the quality of the room deco is more important, of couse next year I expect it will all be very nice in all the rooms and would suggest you request a high floor sea view.

Not to be Recommended

We have just returned on 4th Jan 06 from a week long stay at the Paradise Park Apts. This was our first holiday away from home over New Year which we booked in Aug 2005. Having researched these Apts as much as possible we decided to book them even though if was very expensive. The Apts are rated 4 star and on arrival first impressions were that this was true. The entrance is impressive and very much looks the part. However, looks can be deceiving as we found to be the case. On checking in there were 3 couples in front of us complaining about various aspects of their accomodation and this theme prevailed throughout our week stay. We booked a 2 bedroom apt and the only way to describe it would be "grubby". We found that it was pointless to complain and decided to make the best of a bad situation. All in all we have stayed in other 4 star apts which would put this place to shame. The reception staff deal with so many complaints, and appear to be so fed up with this, that they are now totally unhelpful and downright rude. They give the impression that they couldn't care less. All 2 bed apts are on the top floor and the family next to us had a child who used a wheelchair, our lift was out of order for 4 days! The apts are undergoing a refurbishment programme which will take some considerable time and is very much needed. Until then we wouldn't recommend these apts to anyone unless you're happy to accept rude & unhelpful staff and grubby, basic accomodation charged to you at 4 star prices !!

Building Works Still in Progress

by TripAdvisor Member GillLondon

Having read the various reports on Trip Advisor about the disturbance from building works at the Paradise Park I E-Mailed ahead of our week’s holiday, commencing on 27 December to enquire if the works had finished. I was assured that the works were finished and that no building works would be carried out during our stay. However, this was not the case and there was noise from electric machinery coming from the newly refurbished apartments that could be heard in our room and by the main pool area. I found this particularly annoying as we had been advised that no works would be taking place and, if we had been advised prior to our holiday that works were still taking place, we would have arranged with our travel company to stay in a different hotel.

Unlike other people who had complained of rude reception staff, I found the staff to be very helpful and polite and even felt sorry for them as they were having to work a very slow system that meant checking in just one couple could take up to twenty minutes. Because of this there were always long queues at the reception desk and, as there were no other staff to deal with non check in matters, it was not possible to speak to reception staff for long periods when there were new arrivals. One tip would be to ensure that if you want to be able to put bills on your room, use your room safe or hire beach towels, get all this dealt with when you check in as that staff do not mention this to you and if, like us, you do not get this arranged on check in it means returning to reception and getting back in the long queue.

One of the attractions for us when booking our holiday was the fact that there were adult only areas. We therefore sun-bathed on the roof terrace, which was an adult only area but were annoyed to find children there. When I mentioned this to a member of staff I was advised that he could do nothing about it as the children belonged to owners of the hotel! I went down to reception to complain but as there were new arrivals and long queues I could not speak to anyone. Unfortunately, the predictions of previous Trip Advisor reports that the hotel was to become adult only by November 2005 had not materialised and there were more children there than I have ever encountered at a hotel, possibly because it was during the Christmas/New Year period.

As for the rooms, these are average and quite small. At first we were given a room at the front of the hotel, which, because it received no sunlight, was dark and cold. We managed to transfer to a sunnier room overlooking the pool after three days and this was much lighter and warmer.

The food was good for me as I’m a vegetarian and there was a wide choice of vegetarian food but my husband was not very impressed with the meat. Also the food was not as hot as it should have been. We would have preferred to eat out but unfortunately it is not possible to stay bed and breakfast and we had to stay half board.

We did not use the main bar as this was so smoky we were unable to breath in there. We did, however, very much like the small Spanish bar that no-one else seemed aware of and we were able to have our pre-dinner drinks in a smoke free environment.

Most of the equipment in the gym did not work and there was no ventilation so even if the treadmill had worked (which it didn’t) it would not have been possible to use in the hot stuffy environment.

I realise that the above seems like one complaint after the other, which is a shame as the staff try really hard and it is mainly due to bad management. I still have no idea who the manager is as he or she kept a very low profile. Also the pool areas are really nice and well kept, however, we won’t be rushing back to Park Paradise.

Good hotel with adequate entertainment

by TripAdvisor Member cw1972

My partner and two kids (6 and 3) stayed at this hotel for a week on a self catering basis. The hotel was very worthy of its four star rating and had ample entertainment for the kids and adults.

Didnt eat in the hotel but the courtesy bus ensured you quick and frequent access to the beach and walkway thru to Las Americas bwhich is full of resteraunts and bars to suit all tastes.

Overall well woth the money and would be more than happy to go back.

Make sure if you have kids you go to he Jungle Park it is only about 15 minutes away and the bus picks you up at the hotel. Kids and Adults will love it.

Only complaint and it was a minor one is that the hotel is quite a bit away from the beach and main drag and the walk back to the hotel is up a gradual hill and can be quite tiring in the daytime sun.

Would go back tomorrow.

Absolutely Fabulous

Our first visit to this hotel and it certainly won't be our last. The staff were so warm, friendly and helpful and the accommodation was spotless.

Although we normally only go Bed and Breakfast as we enjoy the flexibility of eating out, we ended up as Half Board. Nevertheless, we thought that we would eat out most evenings at the various wonderful restaurants in Los Cristianos. How wrong we were !!! On our first night, we ate in the hotel restaurant and marvelled at the variety and standard of excellent food. So good was it that it was impossible to eat out as I am certain we would not find anywhere that could provide such delicious dishes cooked and prepared to the highest standard.

Thank you all the staff at the hotel, particularly Estela - The Maitre D

See you all again soon - that's definite !!

Comments