Dunas Don Gregory Hotel

GuilleG's Profile Photo

Not a pleasant trip...

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 25, 2012

Recently, I have spent my holidays in this hotel with my family and I would not advise it in any way.
The majority of guests had at least 65 years old so everyone can imagine how "incredible" and "youthful" was the atmosphere. In fact, to be fair, there was no social atmosphere at all, by 10 pm the outdoor pub was desert!! OMG there wasn´t a soul to be seen. Moreover, the hotel is full of stairs (to go to the bedroom, to the beach and even to the bathroom) and without a mere platform for physically handicapped person. The facilities are obviously outdated and not adequately fitted for its public. For instance, to gain acces to the bathroom from the swimming pool, you have to take steep stairs with the danger that everyone can easily slip and get damaged. I personally had some touble with that matter as the stairs tend to be wet and there is no non-slippery material. The kind of food is average quality buffet. It is very very repetitive with the same kind of high-sugary deserts for example which gets tiring after a few days, not to mention after a whole week. Lunchtime as well as dinnertime is really limited, with just one hour and a half to eat but with the additional inconvenience that the waiters started cleaning up half an hour before the closing time!!. I hated the fact of being pressured to finish my dishes and not being able to speak calmly with my family. The bedroom was very simple, not what is expectable from a four stars hotel though.
The only thing I can highlight is the location as the beach is just in front of the hotel. Nevertheless, don´t expect a caribbean beach, the beach is small, with a lot of seaweed and the sand is quite dark. The "surrounding area" is just one street full of polish and german restaurants. It was very rude one day while I was with my family trying to look for proper Spanish food and one restaurant refused to serve us because the menu was only for german speaking people. In a nutshell, a hotel not to return to. And obviously not to recommend to.

Nearby Dunas Don Gregory Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Maspalomas Travel Forum

Need advice about Maspalomas, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Maspalomas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Maspalomas hotel reviews