Avenida Finmatkat 8, Maspalomas, Grand Canary, 35100, Spain

Expedia.com Otel.com Travelocity

• antz's Profile Photo

Sweet and Simple

We ended up in the Kiwi Bungalows.

We were a little surprised to see that they expected 4 of us to manage to live in the tiny bungalow for a week, but we managed none the less. The house consisted of one bedroom, a living room/second bedroom/kitchen and a bathroom. Although it was tiny, it was clean, the maids cleaned it every day and I think the sheets were changed 3 times in the week. It had everything that we really needed.

I was quite surprised to see that it had a coin slot machine next to the television (although I was more surprised when I heard another guest complain that when he put money in, all he got in English was news!! - who watches TV when they are on holiday?)

We seemed to have a small infestation of ants, although one of my friends thought it would be funny to lay a trail of food to the mouth of one of my other friends while she was sleeping! Glad I was in the bedroom!

However, our porch looked out onto the pool and the pool bar was about 3 steps away - most important factor in my opinion!!

Unique Quality: The pool was a really good size, although I only got in it twice - for about 5 seconds each time - well it was winter!

Joe, the pool barman was lovely, always ready to give some advice about wrapping up warm going into the mountains, and about how it was going to pour down the next day!

Directions: No idea how to get there, all I know is that from the Faro 2 Centre, you walk down past the crazy golf towards the houses and keep walking for about two minutes until you see the sign....

More about Kiwi Bungalows

Excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member you-always-want-more

We have been to the Kiwi bungalows 4 times now, twice in 2003 and twice last year of which one was our honeymoon. The bungalows are very clean and tidy, all the staff are very friendly, especially Joe the barman.
All rooms have a terrace and the pool is large enough for everybody to go in. We are just getting ready to go again and would recomend the Kiwi's to anyone.

A good week

by TripAdvisor Member OOPIM04

very good budget apartments ,central and clean.only 3 euros in a taxi or a reasonable walk to most of the comercial centres .room and pool are clean and in good repair shoud have stopped for 2 weeks !!!!

Great

Just stayed at the Kiwi Apartments, a fantastic place, a short taxi ride to the "party" zone, but the joy of having peace and quiet when you get back! very clean, very friendly, a lovely pool and a great layout. The bungalows in their setting look really fab. Just a great place to stay.

Excellent Holiday

Just returned from a brilliant holiday. Kiwi is a very clean well run fantastic place to stay. Joe is brilliant funny and very very helpful I will definately recommend here to everyone you will have a great time.
Joe if you are reading this its Mr McGUINNESS the spurs supporter.
Well done to everyone involved in this fantastic place.

wot a great place for a birthday

Landed on the 11th of December and it rained for 4 days. Thanks to Joe the barman this made no difference at all. He made us all laugh and even supplied my birthday cake. We found the staff very helpful. and the pool very clean (I should know I was thrown in at 3am fully clothed). The sheets were changed regularly and we had more clean towels than we knew what to do with.
All in all a fabulous place to stay. We met some great people. If any of our new friends and Joe read this " we enjoyed your company so much"
Mark and Lou

great place

by TripAdvisor Member kitsi2

just returned from the kiwi on monday 14.2.05. great place to stay to be quite central to ameneties, joe no the bar great fun, very clean and not a cockaroach in sight all week , clean towels 3 times in the week and also great maid service, the kettle took about half an hour to boil but not a real problem. the bungalows have a pay per view tv but not really worth the money unless you like CNN, SKY NEWS, Or EURO SPORT. really bad rain all week but will be back in october for another try we will def use kiwi next trip

Loved the Kiwi!!!

by TripAdvisor Member manchestermummy

We have just stayed at the Kiwi Apartments and had an excellent holiday! The weather was gorgeous even in April with the exception of 2 overcast days. The apartments are very basic but clean and tidy with excellent terraces overlooking the pool. Joe the bar man is fantastic and certainly makes you feel welcome. The facilities nearby are great and you dont have far to walk to the supermarkets/shops/bars etc. The beach is goegeous and I truly recomend a walk over the sand dunes....but do go with an open mind!! This is more a family place and do not go in the hope of evening entertainment on site as there is nothing but a bar which closes fairly early. 10/10 for Kiwi apartments...we will go again!

Gorgeous Apartments

Just wanted to say the Kiwi Apartments are great, plus the weather was excellent!! It was about 30 degree's everyday!! Joe the Bar man is great, a very funny guy. Chucked me in the pool many times!!

The food at the bar is fantastic, especially the Fry Up's!! Yum!! It's in a great location aswell as the Faro 2 shoppign centre is about a 3 minute walk or less. The shops there are really good. I've been there twice now and HOPE to visit again very soon.

great place to stay

Just back from an amazing holiday, on an amazing island and to top it all off stayed in a brilliant bungalow complex. The kiwi is highly recommended to anyone wishing to visit gran canaria, with a shopping centre 30 seconds from your door to the main resort of playa del ingles only 15 mins walk away you cant ask for more, apart from your friendly bar man Joe, these are great bungalows, clean, tidy relaxing and a great atmosphere, they only have a 1 key rating, but im sure anyone who has stayed there will agree they deserve a whole lot more, will be back very soon and hope to see some of you lot there too:)

Comments