C/ La Libra no 2 Campo Internacional, Maspalomas, Grand Canary, 35100, Spain

Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Low budget nightmare

I don't understand why people give this hotel a good review. The food is awful, it is full of chavs and the location is rubbish.

The rooms were ok, seldom cleaned during your stay, but clean on arrival. The staff are rude, if you have a problem, they don't understand a word or pretend not to.

The entertainment is boring and predictable, the whole place is aimed at the chavvy visitor, whether German or English. the Spanish just avoid you at all costs as they think all English speaking people are chavs. Although you can see why they assume this to be fact, most people staying there are full of tattoos and swear constantly. The drinking is ridiculous! you would think the clientele are dying of thirst, the way they down the drinks. Like they can't get drunk enough to enjoy the place.

We ate out, but this meant changing more money, which we hadn't factored in to the holiday budget. We did try the food several times, but it was the same old recycled rubbish, afternoon and evening.

Your last day the all inclusive cuts off at 12:00, some people complained as there tour operator hadn't warned them of this. But we were glad, as our children were fed up of the entire place by then and so were we. We spent our last day on the beach and ate out in a nice restaurant. If you want to avoid food poisoning, you will do the same too.

I just don't rate this place at all. If you are happy with vomiting groups of drunks simulating sex in the pool, then you will love it here.

My advice would be to run, not walk away from booking this low budget rubbish place. Even the pool is dirty; you don't want your children in there.

The worst part of this holiday was the staff’s attitude towards you if you are not a raving drunk, they can’t even crack a smile. If you are screaming at full pitch, they are all friendly out of fear I can only imagine, because I doubt they like the kind of people who sit there all day and night throwing drinks over each other. It is disgusting when you have children present.

Unique Quality: Insects, noise, idiots and food which resembles sick.

More about Turbo Club

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member coronationstreet1

Myself,my husband and 9 year old son have just returned from having a wonderful week at the Turbo Club. It was excellent value for the money paid...£260 all inclusive for the 3 of us plus flights. In fact it was cheaper to stay all inclusive at the Turbo Club than to book a self catering holiday, so we combined the facilities of the Turbo Club with some meals out locally. There is even a kitchette in the apartments where you can prepare your own snacks too.We found it clean, friendly and food to be a high standard too for the type of holiday booked.We travel abroad many times a year and will return to the Turbo Club again for another cheap, good value for money holiday.

turbo terrible

by TripAdvisor Member klh15p

after booking the holiday i went to trip advisor and was horrified to read about the turbo club. i thought the guests where maybe a little critical, so went with a open mind. the hotel was clean and nicely set out. the food was cold with very little choice and had to eat out several times, which defeats the object of going all inclusive. the restaurant was open at specified times not all day. would not go back the only plus it had was its the first holiday i have actually lost weight on.

Stop the moaners

by TripAdvisor Member essexfolk

We have just returned from the Turbo Club and as others we had read the bad reviews. Having spent 14 very enjoyable nights. I feel other visitors need to know the reviews may not be that accurate. I could continue with a indepth report but feel just to say go and try it without any preconcieved ideas, I'm sure as we did you will have a low cost holiday with above average results.

bad to excelent

by TripAdvisor Member HampshireThe-best

After reading the reviews we went with an open mind on this holiday. The kids were looking forward to doing their own thing as they put it. When we arrived we wre told that they had over booked and that we had to stay in the bungalow that slept 4, (thats what we wanted in the first place) tried the 2nd pool out freezing water no wonder noone was actually swimming in it. the food was nothing to write home about only if you love chips you will love the food. The kids got bored very quickly. half way through the holiday got invited to go and vist a new resort, we looked round anfi and loved the place that day we were invited to stay the remainder of our holiday at anfi, which we jumped at, after leaving the \turbo Club our holiday started again and we had a wonderful time

Thanks for the bad reports!!

by TripAdvisor Member bowbrick

My husband & I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Turbo Club and I must say that we were pleasantly surprised!!
We booked the holiday on the internet for a cheap and cheerful winter break 3 weeks before travel, but, was unfortunate not to know where we were staying until the tickets came through 5 days before we were to leave. Well, first thing we did was check out this website for the reviews. We were mortified to say the least! It brought back horrible memories of our disastrous honeymoon! I told my husband to phone the company we booked with and cancel but he said bearing in mind how many people have travelled there this year, there are not that many reports and us british do like to have a moan! So, off we went. We arrived at the hotel at around 10.45pm, the reception area was a bit poor for a 3 star but then we only used it 3 times, checking in/out and when we locked ourselves out of the room!
As there was only one receptionist on (english fairly good), he gave us a map of the complex and drew on it where our room was. Well, we got lost! Eventually we found the room and what a surprise, the room was huge with separate bedroom, bathroom (with family size shower), and living area/kitchen with fridge and breakfast bar. The room was clean & tidy and the marble tiled floors were spotless. Anyway, as the evening meals stop at 8.30pm, we were given a slip of paper that entitled us a visit to the restaurant (via the tradesmans door) and laid on there was a cold buffet, similar to continental breakfast (bread, jam, butter, ham, cheese, cold pasta, salad etc etc).
The restaurant is kept very clean. It's air conditioned & self service of generally 2/3 meat dishes(Chicken, Pork, Beef), fish, pasta, salad, variations of potatoes daily, vegetables & hot soup. If you love garlic like me, then you will be in your element. Some meat dishes are cooked in garlic butter but the best is the garlic mayo sauce. We also had moules marnier for lunch one day and they were HUGE! The puddings are limited tho', 3 flavours of ice cream, creme caramel or jelly or fruit or cake. Alcholic drinks are not branded and you do not have the option to purchase them either. The malibu is not bad, nor the beer, but if you are a bacardi drinker like me, the white rum is not very nice!! The fizzy drinks are served via dispenser and does not taste very strong, but hey, you get what you pay for. Our airline had a good deal on spirits so might be worth taking your own booze and just getting the mixers - just a thought!!
We did have a couple of visits from cockroaches throughout our stay (we were on the ground floor) but the previous occupants of our room had left a huge can of spray, so every night we sprayed the front door threshold and the balcony & placed a rolled up towel at the bottom of the front door and no cockroaches took up camp in our room.
The clientele during our stay were majority english (sorry, british), not many germans - but don't be fooled about the sunbed & towels - it's us british that are the worst!! The pool area is very nice, and the big jacuzzi, but, not much clearing away of rubbish takes place during the day, not surprising though, the staff work very long hours and only seem to be a handful of them around. They are very pleasant but also very vigilant when it comes to your last day - your all-inclusive band will expire dead on 12.00 noon.
The entertainment during the day is varied for both adults and kids. Kids club starts at 10am till lunch, then from 2 - 4ish is adults (rifle shooting, darts, pool). The evening entertainment is minimal and does not start until 9.30pm, it is mainly for adults and only lasts for around 1.30hrs. We had a quiz night, bingo (very popular), Mr Turbo man (hillarious) and a 'ladies underwear' show - unusual but ok if you're a man or if you are gay!! There are 2 entertainers, Christian & Berry. They are both multi-lingual and Berry is a nutter!! Both are great with kids.
The on-site supermarket is convenient but more expensive than the Faro II shopping precinct which is about a 10-15 min walk away. Also about 10mins walk away is a big entertainment park with british bar (adult acts), food outlets, bank, bowling alley and adventure park for the kids. The Yumbo centre in Playa Del Ingles is the best place for shopping and should cost you no more than 4 euros in a taxi.
Every weds & sat there is a huge market located 5mins walk behind the complex.
Unfortunately this complex is quite inland so not near the beach but, you do get issued with a courtesy ticket for the beach bus that stops right outside the hotel. It goes 4 times daily (am only) and returns 4 times daily, last one being at 5.30pm and is always dead on time!
Personally, I would rate this hotel as 3 1/2 to lower end of 4 star. I have had the pleasure of travelling quite a bit and compared to a 3 star in say Turkey, it is a palace!!
I hope you found this helpful and gave you peace of mind and I hope you are not put off by the bad reports. If you are after a relaxing break in a clean hotel then give this one a go!

cheap and cheerful

by TripAdvisor Member yadr1980

My partner and I arrived late at night to find the appartment we had been given had not been cleaned, we were however offered another room. There are not many british holiday makers at the hotel+ there were a lot of young children around the pool. The apartments+ pool area were clean and the meals the first week were lovely, however, by the second week they start to get repedative and the standard appeared to decrease.
The bar staff never appeared happy and I would not recommend this hotel if you like entertainment at night.

We made the most of our holiday, the weather was lovely and we were just looking for a couple of weeks to relax without paying through the nose. A holiday is after all what you make it. Oh and if your looking at going anytime soon you should be aware that there is buliding work going on and a school at the rear of the hotel, although the bell was handy to get you up in time for breakfast in the morning.

this place looks good

by TripAdvisor Member baldy_83

Just arrived back in the uk after a holiday at this resort, The resort looks very good and the apartments are very clean and spascious,I was amazed at the clealiness of this place but unfortunatley this is where the end of good comes,

The entertainment was none existent throught our stay, the bar staff was so inexperinced, the drinks was that poor through them beeing incorectly poured,the food was very limeted and mainly overcooked, the representative was not syampathetic at all, if you want internet acsess it dosent exist here there computers have a sign on them saying out of order i asked the rep about this and he told me the company who suplyed them had gone out of bussiness this wasnt my problem and should have been solved , he also told me to go to the next resort and use there computer acsses i told him that this was in there brocher that they had internet acsess and that i shouldnt have to go next door and it wasnt my problem he told me that he would get the manager to come and speak to me about the problems but unfortunatley this never happend, in england we have strict gambling rules anything where money changes hands is classed as gambling if the pirize is money they did bingo one night with cash prize and to my supprise they sold tickets to children this also shows there inexprinced staff as this should never happen this is classed as gambling.

On the thursday my camera was stolen on reporting this to reception, the person on there could not understand me atall, I asked for the manager or the rep with no responce. I contacted the police and they,just recorded it, the following day I repetedly tried to contact the rep on his mobile number and all I got was the engaged tone,

My advice to anyone who is looking to go here is if you want a relaxing holiday with no entertainment and where the bar shuts at 11.30 pm prompt, altho they have multiple spirits there they do not make any cocktaials due to there inexperinced staff. Then this is the place for you the staff dont bother you as they canot speak english,as long as you dont bother them.

great for peace

by TripAdvisor Member shataxi

havin read some of the reviews on here i for the first time was starting to worry having booked the hotel.its bungalows are fantastically decorated,equipped,clean and tidy,100%.the complex is also clean and tidy,although outside the complex other than the supermarket there is nothing.but playa de inglesis only 10 mins and couple quid away in a taxi.

You get what you pay for.

by TripAdvisor Member emma8528

After reading the reviews on this website I was more than nervous. When we arrived the hotel the receptionist was very friendly and her english was very good. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious. The pool area was very clean and quiet.

The only downside to the holiday was the food. If you like boiled pork chops you will love it here. Every day lunch and dinner was the same boiled meat and salad.(which I might add had fly's all over it.) We ate out a few nights and were pleased to get to the airport so we could go to Burger King.

The choice of drinks at the bar is very limited. Vodka, Malibu, Gin, Beer and Wine. Which were all cheap local versions.

Other than the food and drink the hotel itself was quite nice. Walking distance to the market on wednesdays and saturdays. Everywhere else you will need to get a taxi to. (only a couple of euros)

Bland food, good rooms, have no problems

by TripAdvisor Member KentDuncs

Standard of the accommodation was good, - clean and spacious rooms.
Food was bland - anything cooked was at best lukewarm, was often boiled meat (e.g. boiled sausages at breakfast some days). It was also repetitious. Drinks were limited in range - the beer was of one kind only - but of a satisfactory quality. The local gin was acceptable - but not to the standard of a Gordon's.
We were broken into and had items stolen. Staff were helpful - though the guy on evening duty had a language problem with us and we had to leave getting the matter dealt with until the morning. The rep appeared not to care about our theft - he gave us minimal advice and left it at that.
We also tried to purchase some electronic items in the main shopping centre and found that they are a crowd of thieves in terms of selling you items that have "good-make-name soundalikes" that have no guarantees, and have no adress to refer to if you have a problem with the item.
If you want sunshine and cheapness stay here - but forsake the quality.
There are some excellent restaurants but you have to search hard to find them.

Playa de Maspalomas.Playa de Maspalomas.

Comments