Colina Mar Apartments

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Colina Mar Apartments

Best Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Lauren2323

Stayed at the Colina Mar in December 2005 with my boyfriend and had a great time. The hotels were really clean and the maid service was brilliant they came every day. The reps were brilliant and they had several excursions for you to go on, definatly reccomend sioux city! The ataff at the hotel were really friendly and the happy hour at the bar was not to be missed! Obviously being in a hot country there were a few Cockroaches outside but not many and i never saw one in our apartment.

Although you are at the top of Puerto Rico the views from the aprtments are breath taking and there is the europa centre just 2 minutes walk away with several bars, restaurants and shops and then there is a 2 minute taki ride into the main centre and taxis are easy to get and only like 3-4 euros.

I would definatly recommend paying the Colina Mar a visit, we enjoyed it so much we are going back at the end of May 2006 - Cant wait!

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member JA/IRBolton

The Colina Mar is good family value, booked with Direct holidays and spent 2 weeks there.
It's not 5 star, however you do not pay 5 star prices!

Great for kids, good clean simple accomadation that is well kitted out! Even fans in room for free.
Rooms have been refurbished over the last few months.

The only negative comment is the noise from the disco at the bottom of the valley!

Get a bedroom that does not face the pool side and you will be ok.

Would go again.

Fabulous time

We have just returned from the Colina Mar (24 - 31st Oct 05). We were very nervous after reading other reviews but needn't have worried. Our room was cleaned 5 times during our week there. Emma and Kim the entertainers were brilliant. The kids absolutely loved them (age 7 and 10). There are two pools, the small one better if you want a quiet time, the large pool has entertainment during the day for adults and children alike. Loads of sun loungers, no problem getting one either. The food (buffet style) was good and varied (we were half board). Taxis down into Puerto Rico are 2.70 euros but well worth it. Aqualand was fantastic but a bit exposed to the sun. (Caught a bus in Puerto Rico for 6.10 euros each way for all of us)and paid on the door. 21.50 for adults and 15.50 euros for children. Sioux City was good fun, we paid for a trip in the Europa Centre near the Colina Mar. Around 75 euros for the four of us.
We would go again.

didnt want to leave!

i stayed at the colina mar with my family and my friends family, our rooms were very clean and spacious,and for the whole two weeks we only ever saw one cockroach and it was outside! The staff were very helpful, although there was a problem with a broken draw, that wasn't fixed, the food was different in a good way, and the entertainment was very enjoyble with something different every night from singing to hypnotists, and a very funny parrot show! the children loved it the veiw from the poolside was good and the pool itself was also clean, although there are a few pigeons but they wernt doing anybody any harm, my children, 15, 13, and 9 all want to go back again as they loved and didnt want to leave!i shall be visiting again this year!

Disgusting Place to Stay - Don't Bother

Stayed at the Colina Mar with son on a half board basis. Rooms were filthy, stinky and dirty, furniture falling apart and fixtures and fittings falling off the walls. Cockroaches all over the place in the rooms and all over the communals. Begged to be moved, Airtours blatently refused and were rude - their 24 hour emergency line also wasn't being manned. Others more fortunate to find alternative accommodation moved to a different hotel at their own expense. We tried but other hotels were fully booked.

There were pidgeons wading through the food in the self service half board area which was located in an outside covered area.

My son ended up in hospital with food poisioning and never wants to venture outside the UK again.

Please avoid at all costs - in this instance, it posed a real danger to my sons health and we had a disasterous holiday. Airtours to this day accept no responsibility whatsoever.

Loved It!

Am quite surprised at the negative comments supplied. Just come back after a weeks holiday with my Mom, (my 1st abroad for 18 years!) Thought the apartments were extremely spacious and very clean, not a cockroach in sight!
All the staff were extremely friendly, from the waiters to the lovely ladies in the complex supermarket.

My only bug bear was the cabaret acts, could do with a bit more polish, but on the whole a fantastic time and will be returning next year with my husband and two children as I know I can be assured they will be entertained!

safe deposit

I booked a last minute holiday for my son whos 7 and myself, i was nervous at the thought of being on my own with my son, but i found the staff and complex really friendly and clean.
The lifts were, i felt rather dodgy, doors jamming and one of the lifts actually jolted down suddenly whilst we were in it, also a door jammened, i did report this to the maintaince man , who came along and kicked it ..
Unfortunatly my whole stay was ruined by the fact my purse was stolen from a drawer in my double locked bedroom, with all windows closed, on discovering this i reported it to the rep who inturn reported it to the manager, 9 hrs later i got a call asking what had happened and a feeble offer of dinner bearing in mind it was 9pm, and maybe had i had any strangers in my apartment..
All i can say is the after treatment was appalling and totally put me off staying there again, which was a shame as my son had a fantastic time, on reflection , i should have got a safe key , my lesson was learnt the hard way , please where ever u go get a safe key ..

high on the hill

by TripAdvisor Member havenmy

loved the apts only thing was being up the top of the hill, they were very clean and had good maid service the staff were also pleasant there were plenty of sun areas for by the pool if you wanted peace and quiet as the main pool had all the entertainment which was great if you had kids there was also a snack bar for food which was good as we were self catering i dont know about the restaurant but loads of eating places outside you are just next door to the europa center which has shops,bars,kiddys trampolines etc well recomended for familys

3 star! You're having a joke aren't you!

by TripAdvisor Member judymaragna

We booked and then read the reviews - mistake - read the reviews before you book. Terrible place right at the top of a mountain just tacky and reminded me of a prison in its layout. Could walk down to the resort, but had to get taxi back up - only 3 euros though so don't want to be doing that 4 times a day. We had half board - DONT - food would have been ok if it was hot, and deserts would have been ok if they were defrosted! Rooms ok, thank god for toaster. The coffee from the machine in the mornings was the best thing about the hotel. No toiletries - had to even buy soap to wash our hands. Shower was broken which we reported and they did fix the next day. Door fell off a cupboard - didn't bother reporting that. Towels don't dry you properly, the odd cockroach camps out and you have to pay for TV (Believe me it is worth it as the entertainment is hardly top class!) Puerto Rico is just awful - full of time share touts and tacky shops. Go to MOGEN and stay there !!! The weather however was glorious. Puerto Rico is not for mid-age couples - only for youngsters on the p .... or families with loads of cash to spend on the kids.

I'm going to Puerto Rico next week

by SIMON75

I wanna know where I can find a nice eating place? .

Re: I'm going to Puerto Rico next week

by ettenaj

Where abouts are you actually staying? We stayed on the very top and found many good eateries but I think if you are lower down they will probably be even more good choices to be had

by ettenaj

By the way have a fantastic time

by SIMON75

Cheers. I was there a few years ago and stayed in the Colina Mar next to Samways boozer. I think we are down beside the beach this week.

Good luck to your team against Villa tonight.

Re: I'm going to Puerto Rico next week

by Kelvster

I think you should try The Breast Place in Town, owned by Saber Knightly from Colchester - tell him Randy Tumbledown sent you. The thighs are devine.

by ettenaj

What a coincident I also stayed at the Colina Mar about 10 years ago!!

Comments