4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Cordial Mogan Playa
Booking.com Hotels.com Hotelsclick.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa

Cordial - is indeed cordial ! - Go for it !

by TripAdvisor Member HARPSUK

Just got back from Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel.

I have no hesitation in recommending this lovely hotel.

Playa de Mogan is a beautiful little town with a great Marina, lovely cafes/restaurants - much nicer than Puerto Rico which frankly is a dump !

The hotel itself is about 5 mins walk into the main area where there are cafes/restaurants and the beach.

Great for children

The rooms are lovely - ours even had a garden with a tree in it but on the first floor ! - how's that for a balcony !!

Two great pools, jacuzzis, pool for toddlers.

Food excellent with loads of choice

Good things for kids - children's disco every night at 8.00 pm

Kid's club with entertainers

Bus Terminus is 2 mins away - buses excellent reliable/clean/cheap/regular going to all areas including Las Palmas - approx 1 hour

Why aren't I living there ??

Hotel is 5 mins from Marina where you can get boat trips to other local areas

Previous comments on this site refer to building work in the area and it is true there is some work going on but it is very low key and in my view had no effect on our holiday whatsoever so don't let that put you off.

You may pay a little more for this hotel compared to others but in my view it is worth it

Enjoy !

Take a boat trip from Puerto...

by clivem

Take a boat trip from Puerto Rico to Puerto Mogan. Puerto Mogan is a beautiful small village.
If you are feeling adventurous take the bus either to or from Mogan - its better than any ride at Disneyland.

Another pretty car trip

by spetterke

Another pretty car trip is the road from AYACATA to CRUZ de San ANTONIO and then on a gravel road steep downhill to MOGAN.For this gravel road you don't need a 4X4.It's a shame that I forgot my camera that day,and I have no pics of this road and our visit to the romantic (and touristic) place of PUERTO DE MOGAN.

GRAN CANARIA, the south

by Maria_75

In the south of Gran Canaria is where you can find the biggest and most popular touristresorts. This area has the best climate, and most sunnydays of the island. While it can be raining in the capitol of Las Palmas, there can be a blue sky in the south.

When you go driving along the coast in the south you will find a new touristresort popping up around every corner, and still more are beeing built. But if you take off the mainroad and look closely you can find a few canarian villages without too many tourists.

One of the most beautiful touristresorts in the south is Puerto de Mogan. A beautiful example of how more touristplaces should be built.

Click here to read more about beaches in Gran Canaria

Beautiful hotel but beware local building works

by TripAdvisor Member bobkent

We travelled to this hotel independently after reading reviews and never having visited the island and booked direct with the hotel, stayed 7 nights but only paid for 6 by becoming Club Cordial members which you can do on-line at no cost. Total hotel cost for 2 approx £810 half board. Flights with BA for £96 each and car hire through holiday autos for £93 for new Renault Clio with A/C.
If travelling independently do get directions to the hotel, I presumed it would be easy to find but believe me it isn't in the dark unless you know precisely where to turn once at the resort!
Reception was great, immediately greeted with a glass of Cava and taken with our luggage to our room.

We stayed in room 7307 which really surprised us as it was much larger than we expected much more akin to american hotel size rooms. It had a large screened off outside area with loungers and we had a marvellous view looking down over a spectacular cactus garden inland to the mountains. A fresh fruit bowl, bottle of water and bottle of red wine awaited us in the room.

The hotel is really spectacular, very different and beautifully laid out with magnificent plants and trees and large freeform swimming pools with jacuzzis (although they were unheated and rather cool which was a dissapointment).

Access to the spa is free (no under 18's though), you just pay for any treatments and the jacuzzi there is heated.

We found the restaurant to be excellent with no problems getting a table and pleased to see that all internal spaces were non-smoking. Pleasantly surprised to find that you could help yourself to Cava at breakfast which I have never encountered before. Yes all meals are buffet, with the usual downside that not all dishes are as hot as you might like but there is an amazing choice and the quality is very good compared to other hotels I have stayed in. Had no problems getting wine of an evening from the wine waiter who was very efficient. We were at the 2nd sitting of an evening but found that nobody minded if you arrived 10-15 mins early.

Puerto de Mogan is very pretty and a great place to spend the evening with countless bars and restaurants and very good value.

Do hire a car and see the island, the interior is spectacular, very winding roads but well maintained (not many gas stations though). The North West coast in particular is worth exploring. Do visit the dunes at Maspalomas (be aware the nudist beach is immediately in front of them if that sort of thing bothers you.)

If you like nature do visit the jardin botanico canario but beware this is more difficult to find in the day than the hotel was of a night - there was hardly anyone else there when we eventually found it but is well worth visiting - there are cactuses that must be 20 feet tall! Had a light lunch in the restaurant overlooking the gardens - great view and great food.

Be aware that there is still lots of development going on on Gran Canaria and that includes Puerto de Mogan - they cut into the rock faces using massive pneumatic drills and they do reverberate. It is shame that even Puerto de Mogan is gradually going to be spoilt by such development. Having said that from our travels around the island it is definitely still one of the best places to stay at the moment.

The best you can find in Gran Canaria!

by TripAdvisor Member H68

The hotel was absolutly Great! The breakfast was absolutly the best I have had in any hotel ever!
I think you really should stay in a junior suite if you are there, then you get your own little garden, a big bedroom,a livingroom and a big bathroom.
We traveled with our 1 and 3 year old children and It was a great hotel to stay in with children. The pool was amazing and really great. The hotelstaff was verry pleasant and nice to the children.

The Porto Mogan is a nice area with nice resturants in the harbor and by the small nice beach. This part of Gran Canaria is so much nicer and genuin than San augustin and Playa del ingles!! If you like dramatic views you should rent a car and drive to the west coast of Gran Canaria.

/ Helena from Sweden

EXCELLENT

by TripAdvisor Member lds_26

I have recently stayed at this hotel and it was AMAZING! I felt like a princess! Everything about the place was fantastic. Customer service was excellent. The food was devine, plenty to choose from every morning and night. It is a very pretty resort and I like to go to beautiful places. Its more for couples and families, but if you are looking for a quiet place to relax then this is the place to come! I would definatly come back and plan to next year. Thank you for my best holiday I have ever had! x

The hotel can't cope with too many guests.

by TripAdvisor Member B.B.Belgium

Don't go here when the hotel is completely booked.
Then you don't receive the service that is promised:
-not enough kid seats
-long queue for the food
-allways the same food
-unfriendly waiters
-rooms aren't cleaned properly

But the location is great though and the hotel itself is OK.
But it is more a 4 star than a 4 plus.

Magnificent Hotel, shame about the food

by TripAdvisor Member giblet14

This was a magnificent hotel - as soon as you arrived (even in the early hours) you were impressed with the surroundings. The pool areas were great, a reasonable choice of sunbeds (we were always quite late getting to the pool and always found some).

The rooms were a great size - plenty of room for myself, my husband and my 12 month old daughter and her cot.

The whole complex was extremely clean and tidy with beautiful plants. The only down side was the construction of the apartments next door but this really was hardly noticeable as it was the opposite side to the pool.

On the last day we were given a courtesy room as we had a very late night flight - this room was over by the construction site and was nowhere near as nice as our original room but served the purpose on the last day.

My only problem was with the quality of the food - it really did not match up to the quality of the surroundings - the chefs and presentation were great but the quality was what brought it down, tough meat mainly. The food in the bars at lunchtime which we bought was completely opposite though - really good!

The location was good - only a very short walk down to the beach area and the old town which was very picturesque.

Overall we all had a great holiday and would seriously consider returning in the future.

"Puerto de Mogan"

by C.GOROSTIAGA

Puerto de Mogan: This other touristy place is a small town with a nice dock.
Around this dock are a lot of mostly German-owned restaurants and pubs. Its views are really nice. You can sip your beer on an oceanfront terrace. This dock is so popular because of its boats.
People sail here from as far away as France, England, and Germany.

Around this nice dock there are some nice buildings. Puerto de Mogan is nicknamed "The small Venice".

This is a place that don't take you too much time to visit. Just 2 hours or 3 is enough. I recommend renting a car to visit these places in the south of the island.

Puerto de MoganPuerto de Mogan

I by one of the canals.I by one of the canals.

puerto de mogan

by 16fletch

okay, I think I have a place in puerto de mogan for December for 5 nights.
Has anyone heard of the Los-Mangueros apts? There may be some construction nearby-- any info. would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much.

Gran Canaria Playa des Ingles/ Maspalomas

by pMcGann

Has anyone visited this Island lately or does anyone live there?. My wife and I are going on the day after tomorrowand are interested in hearing about interesting places to visit, good restaurants, bars etc. Does anyone know anything about the Sun wing apartments where we are staying?
Thanks

Re: Gran Canaria Playa des Ingles/ Maspalomas

by Mique

Was there last year during winter. Even have a few pictures of it on my gran canary page..

We got the address of a really nice restaurant also frequented by many locals just on the outskirts of playa del ingles. Don't remember the name anymore. But it is on the left side of the road that you would follow if you decide to take the car and go to the top of the mountain. Just ask the taxidriver and he should be able to get you there..
Rent a car and explore the island is definitely a must do.. And las Palmas is also much worth a visit.

Have fun

Re: Gran Canaria Playa des Ingles/ Maspalomas

by Bernd_L

Hi,

I visited Playa del Ingles several times. You'll find any kind of entertainment there. But also rent a car and tour the island. The northern and western parts of the island are much more beautiful than the region at the airport and Playa del Ingles.

Especially the road on the western coast is very scenic. Visit Puerto de Mogan and go on to Puerto de las Nieves where you'll find some good fish-restaurants.

At Playa del Ingles I can recommend two steakhouses called Toro Negro. They are at the shopping centers Kasbah and Tropical.

Have a nice trip.

Bernd

The Canary Islands in Novembe- are we crazy?

by RachelMcG

My soon-to-be husband and i are considering the Canary Islands for our honeymoon in November. Is it likely to be too cold to be hitting the beaches at that time of year??

thanks,
Rachel

RE: The Canary Islands in Novembe- are we crazy?

by qaminari

Absolutely not, the Canary Islands are warm all the year round. Why not google weather november and then the location you will be travelling to?

RE: RE: The Canary Islands in Novembe- are we crazy?

by cachaseiro

it´s maily a winter destination for foreign visitors.

november is just when the high season starts there.

RE: RE: The Canary Islands in Novembe- are we crazy?

by mustertal

The evening are cool so take a light jacket.

RE: The Canary Islands in Novembe- are we crazy?

by mactaliy

Gran Canaria usually has the best all round sun hours, especially the south of the island.. Puerto Rico is central with lots of family places, not far from the Aquasur water park, etc..... or a bit further out, , Playa del Cura, Taurito, Puerto Mogan are all good centres, but a bit quieter for kids. Enjoy your holiday, November weather is usually good, just less hours sun, so you can't sit out at the beach till 6/8pm like now, but gets a less hot about 4/5pm.

Comments