Playa De Taurito, GC-500, Mogan, Taurito, 35138, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Taurito Princess

Winter Holiday booked via Thomsons

by TripAdvisor Member CorinneAyrshire

My husband and I recently stayed at the Taurito Princess and our initial reaction to the hotel was "Shabby". Unfortunately Thomsons were unable to help us. We had expected a 4star plus but this was more like a 3 star. the staff were VERY helpful and once we had moved rooms it was slightly better, although I would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

A lovely, relaxing two weeks in the sun!

by TripAdvisor Member Noodlebox

We spent a very pleasant 2 weeks at the Taurito Princess.

Staff were excellent in all areas of service and the hotel was kept to a high standard of cleanliness everywhere!

The hotel has recently become all inclusive and I do feel they were suffering some teething problems in the dining area.. but a few more months at it and I'm sure they'll have it spot on! Food overall was good, though not something for the NON Fish lover! There was fish in.. everything! But, overall, a good selections to suit most needs.

Entertainment of an evening was somewhat poor.. though not something that would spoil your stay at the Taurito Princess.

The weather, setting was fantastic.. not much to do in Taurito.. though mini-gold was good! Puerto Rico was only 10 mins (and 9 euros) in a taxi.. good for a night out!

All in all.. a great holiday.. wish I was there now! Ideal for couples and families.. looking for a get away from it all break.

Great place!!

My partner and I visited Taurito Princess in June.Definitely the best holiday I've been on.It was set in a great place where it is quite and brilliant for just chilling but also close enough to larger towns so you could go out at nights. The staff at the hotel were second to none,especially the animacion staff,they would do anything to make you have fun and to bond everyone together. I,ve never met so many friendly people. However one of the bar staff was just a bit too friendly! The food was excellent. Room was always kept spotless by the maids. The rooms also had the most amazing views.Taurito Princess definitely comes highly recommended from me.GO!

Best holiday we've had

We have recently enjoyed a holiday at the taurito princess, and although I don't normally express opinions through boards like this, I had to dismiss some of the negative reports I have read.
My family stayed there between 22nd july and 5th of august and while we were there, we were made to feel welcome and wanted the whole time. Nothing was too much trouble and we would thoroughly recommend it to any family. We did have one small problem with ants one afternoon, and my wife went to reception to see if something could be done, by the time she got back to room, a maintenance lady was knocking at the door, spray in hand, to deal with the problem. That is it....The only thing to nag about for the whole fortnight and it was cleared up within seconds. The staff,food,amenities and cleanliness were as you would expect for a 4 star hotel. We have a 9yr old daughter and the waiters and bar staff loved her as well as all the children there.
Just a quick point that wouldve probably gone un-noticed but for the fact of a remark from a couple we met.... considering it was all inclusive and considering there were a lot of older children as well as late teenagers, we didnt once see a drunk person nor did we have to cover our daughters ears for all the bad language, it just DIDNT happen.
To sum up, GO.....as long as you dont mind the heights of the cliffs.

First time but not the last

Cleanliness, Food, Service. Friendliness, Fabulous. Managers involement at all levels is excellent. Our first all inclusive holiday, we are booking our next holiday to take our two friends to also experience the "Taurito Hotel's" excellence.

Not a very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tubtruck

Hotel is showing signs of age and has very poor air conditioning. At best in my opinion this is a 3* hotel. Due to the antiquated near non existent air con meal times are extremly uncomfortable. Asthetically the hotel looks great from the outside but really needs a full refurbishment inside. (note that it has been withdrawn from the Thomson Platinum brochure). I would not recommend this hotel to anyone intending to spend 800+ pounds in the height of summer. If I heard of someone getting a late deal for around the 400 - 450 mark in the school holiday period I would probably then say they were getting reasonable value for money. The Suite Princess opposite is not a great deal better either. For a trully stunning hotel in the area try the Maspalomas Hotel Riu Palace, a real 4* hotel.

only complaint...

Beautiful hotel, very clean and staff were great. Service was really good and choice of food in the restaurant was excellent.

Ideal for families and couples. The only complaint that I have is the 'entertainment' - lasts for about 45mins and is not the best for a 4* hotel.

There are courtesy buses into Puerto de Mogan and Puerto Rico - 2 places that are definitely worth a visit.

by TripAdvisor Member Middlers

On arrival the hotel appeared to be good with an impressive entrance lobby and friendly staff. As we arrived at 2115 we were taken immediately to the restaurant as it closes at 2145. The food throughout the holiday was excellent with many choices available for everyone – not just fish as someone has intimated below. Food at the pool bar was below standard. The rooms were adequate although the fridge and safe are chargeable and not included. No T making facilities in the rooms. Excellent views from the balconies. Cleanliness could have been better and the hotel in general was rather shabby. The landings on each floor go outside and are open to the weather and when it rains these marble floors become extremely dangerous. The lifts did not always work but was not too much of a problem. Queuing at the bars was a pain and having to sign for each order was ridiculous and time consuming. The evening entertainment was pathetic and the daytime organised events almost as bad. The pool was great although you have to be up early to get a sunbed on the crowded decks. Doors to the pool open at 0800 and it is like the January sales with people rushing out to place their towels on the best placed sunbeds. Ridiculous, but if you can’t beat them………! Free buses are available to take people to Puerto Rico (like Blackpool only smaller and less to do) or Puerto Mogan which is a nice fishing port with pretty walks but don’t bother with the market. By day two or three we were bored and wanting to come home. If you want to be entertained and have things to do then go elsewhere. Overall the hotel is not worthy of the four stars accredited to it. If anyone has any questions please e-mail me.

Very quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Andy_Miller_2004

I was at the hotel 9 - 23 Sep 04. First impressions were very good with an impressive foyer. Location very quiet but was aware of this before booking. I found that the hotel was very good but was spoiled by the attitude of the bar staff who were sometimes rude to customers and not helpful at all and would keep people waiting while they chatted to each other. The signing of chits for every drink is a joke! However staff in all other departments were very good but the bars are an important feature of the hotel/holiday. Also all bars in the hotel close at midnight and with the hotel being quite secluded means that it is an early night most nights. Entertainment at night was atrocious and don't go for that. The swimming pool was very good and no problem with sun beds. I also thought that the food was very good and have no complaints with that. Also restaurant service very good and their home made bread is to die for!! Room and cleanliness I thought was also very good. On the whole I consider that it is quite an impressive hotel spoilt by the attitude of the very poor bar staff. However, I think that I would go back as the climate is very good and the location very quiet.

A wonderful spot to chill before Christmas

First time to Gran Canaria, Hotel staff very good, very helpful, We had a wonderful time including therere days of rain at the end of the week! plenty see around the island, local bus service runs on time. We will certainly go again.

Palms filled with coconuts.Palms filled with coconuts.

The harbour.The harbour.