Urb Montana Roja, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, 35570, Spain

Booking.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

a nice hotel, but don't eat here

lovely hotel with many maenities, including a baby-club for kids aged 1-3... which for us was a plus. it meant something to do in case of a day with bad weather.
    Our room was spacious and comfortable - with two double beds and a bed for the baby.
    Restaurants are a sad story - give them a miss, please.

Unique Quality: the thalasso spa... with plenty of pools indoor - and in the morning you can take your children with you too, from 10 am to noon. Entrance is only 10 for adults and 5 for children.

• hawke8's Profile Photo

Gteat Hotel

Dec 7 Just returned from a weeks stay at the Rubicon Palace we stayed there last year also . The Hotel wasn't full so they closed one of the dining rooms , this as meant that the dining room can get quite hectic at times, but i've been told that the other one will be open for Christmas. The hotel room had recently been painted so was bright and airy , The staff are all Spanish as are most of the guests, so don'texpect them to speak English they are very efficient and polite. I only went to the piano bar where the waiters are very good and can speak a little English altho you might find that the Spanish guests get served before you.The food is plentiful and of a varied selection but make sure to get it as soon as the tray is replenished as it doesn't stay hot for long. The gardens are tidy and the pool areas are kept clean, There is some confusionas to wether you are entitled to use the other h10 hotel facilitys on all inclusive as last year we had drinks at the Timafaya on our all inc. but this year we had to pay although our rep said that A.I is accepted at sister hotels We will continue to use H10 group again as there standards are good.

Unique Quality: Join the H10 Cub online or when you arrive for little treats , bath robes , wine , champagne, room up grades , .are some of the benefits.

Directions: on the outskirts of Playa Blanca 40 min walk or free courtisy bus or 3 euro taxi

More about H10 Rubicon Palace

Rubicon in November

by TripAdvisor Member MaryCornwall

An enjoyable weeks holiday with comfortable accommodation. No complaints really except the pools were freezing. We felt it was unreasonable to charge for the indoor swimming pools as all the others were SO cold. Food was well presented and good to have choice of freshly cooked food each evening on the grill. Staff friendly and efficient. Pian Bar entertainment was enjoyable and the service excellent. Would recommend this hotel to friends & family for late holidays.

H10 rubicon

just returning from a week stay in H10 rubicon with a family of 4 [2 children 3 and 6]
really nice hotel ... beautiful location, quite remote from the city center [3 euros by taxi] facing the ocean, magnificient gardens, very clean and well groomed.
Stunning great hall, nice architecture and tasty decoration worthy of a 4 star hotel. 5 nice swimming pools [1 very big one with salted water]
No real beach at proximity

we had a family room which was OK, but not huge for a family : 2 double beds [quite narrow though] + 1 convertible 1 person armchair
a fridge [you have to pay a supplement] but no microwave [i think you can rent one] + 1 safe [supplement 15euros/week] + TV and a patio or a balcony
nice bathroom, always very clean

food buffet was really good, various and beautifully presented.
staff very profesionnal, friendly and helpfull

on the whole a very very nice hotel, warmly recommended
only bad pointopening times of some services [pool activities, or cafe] not very convenient sometimes

Fantastic little coffe shop / cafe

by samprice11 about Moulin de Paris (Marina Rubicon)

Not so much a restaurant, but more a coffe shop / cafe. The patisseries are fantastic there and it's really well located in the centre of the Marina Rubicon. A bit more expensive than the average cafe but so worth it for the view over the marina and quality of the food and drinks. Tarta de Fresa (stawberry tart) and chocolate cake. Yum!

The Marina Rubicon Market

by SabrinaSummerville

Any time between 9am and 2 pm on any given Wednesday or Saturday, you can stand on your hotel balcony and watch the busy tourists and locals, like little ants, scurrying their way along the seafront walkway to the market at the Marina Rubicon.

This is not your usual three hundred stall market with every third stall like the other. Indeed, this is a small scale craft market selling beautiful handmade dolls, jewelry, scarves, leather goods, knitwear, jeweled bookmarks, etc.

I loved it so much that I went twice. Just about all of the products are in the affordable category with some real bargains such as the highly fashionable magnet necklaces for just one euro and a similarly priced handmade wooden painted whistle.

The market just buzzes both with the shoppers and also those who have come to look. People crowd the restaurants abutting the stalls and you can sit outside one of these establishments to while away a couple of hours just people watching.

great place to stop, ideal for couples

having come back from the rubicon palace recently, i feel compelled to give a review of this excellant accomadation, the food was well presented and in good supply, with plenty of choice. the rooms well set out and clean. this resort is ideal for couples wanting to enjoy the sun and be out of town a little bit. there is great on site facilities with several pools and a health spa on site. on my visit the outside jaqussi was not working but i was told that this was a tempory problem that would be sorted as soon as a part became availble. there is some work needed to be done around the main pool area, but only minor upgrading of the tiles. the complex could also do with some more sun loungers. you are a little way out of the main area of playa blanca but this mean you dont get the noise of night clubs all night long. Overall I was very impressed, and even when we had a small problem with the air conditioning, it was repaired very quickly. if you are the type of person who wants night clubs then this is not the place for you, but if you want great views, good food, relaxing atomsphere and good service then this is your paradise.

fine -

by TripAdvisor Member trixie72

Just returned from the rubicon palace hotel on nov 11th and overall was reasonably happy with hotel. When I first arrived check in was slow and i was desperate to heat food up for my i year old daughter but no one would help me - very stressful after long journey with child. First moring awoke to find very large cockroach in my room which granted put me off somewhat......... but i didn't see another one in the room thereafter...i did regularly however see small ones in the restaurant not many but a few here and there which was a bit worrying but i just tried to ignore them and not think about it too much!!
Overall nice hotel , good atmosphere around the pools etc and met some super people. Great for my daughter who had a ball and went to the minidisco every night. Spa in hotel complex wasn''t working properly and hadn't been for last 6 weeks but went often anyhow as one section of it had a heated area so i could take my daughter swimming - outside pools very very cold for young kids.
Spa is extra as is the gym. Food is fine not great just lacked sparkle. Overall hotel was fine but think could be cleaner - just misses being a good hotel. Enjoyed my stay but wouldn't go back.
Too much money for what you get.

fantastic hotel

We stayed in the Rubicon Palace in March this year and it was one of the most relaxing, luxurious holidays I've been on.
The only down side was the weather... on the first night we had thunderstorms!
However, after the first cloudy day it was gorgeous and sunny.
The hotel is very grand and has a huge marble reception. When we arrived we were driven on a mini train style car to our room. Because in Lanzarote they're not allowed to build anything higher than four storeys, the hotel is made up of lots of little villas dotted around gardens with palm trees and a stream running through the middle.
We were upgraded to Club Palace, which is right by the sea with amazing views to Fuenterventura.
The rooms aren't especially fancy, very clean and simple. But we were given a free bottle of Cava on arrival and towelling fluffy white robes.
Our first room was on the ground floor and not overlooking the sea, and since I love a balcony on holiday, I asked our rep if we could change rooms.
They moved us the next morning to a first floor (the villas by the sea are only two levels high) overlooking the sea (south facing)
It was lovely, you can spend hours just looking out to sea and soaking up some sun.
The pool area is amazing, the main pool is huge and the bar/cafe is right in the middle on stilts with straw hut style roof. It's very tastefully designed and when you're lying by the pool you can look out to sea. I'ts picture perfect.
The only thing I'd say is that the food in the bar at lunchtime isn't that hot. We walked down to Playa Flamingo a couple days, about 10/15 mins walk along the coast (lovely footpath by the sea) and they have fab places to eat. It's not exactly a town, just few restaurants and bars by a man-made beach but it does the job.
There's a pizzz place with great, massive pizzas and a lovely tapas.
The buffet restaurants at the hotel were really impressive. We stayed at a four star in Tenerife last year and the food at the Rubicon was so much better.
They have themed dinners, tex mex one night, italian the next etc and there's always loads of pasta, meats, salads etc and great desserts.
We ended upeating loads, way too much!
For some reason everyone seems to prefer one restaurant more than the other, and I think the only difference is that kids are only allowed in one, so everyone without kids avoids tht one!
The piano bars great for chilling out with a few drinks and we spent a few nights at the beefeater english pub listening to this country and western guy who was fab.goteveryone singing along. we're in our 20s and it was fine by us to have a chilled out week drinking pints and relaxing.
The whole resort is just gorgeous to walk about and would def go back(tho is quite expensive to stay there so don't know when we can afford it again!)
Spent most of the time lying by the pool or on the balcony looking out to sea.
Great hotel.

Best Hotel in Playa Blanca

by TripAdvisor Member CJT13

Just got back from the Rubicon and I can't fault it one bit. Went there with the wife and in-laws, and everyone had a great time.

The hotel is very clean and tidy, food is spot on and the staff are very nice, most of them speak good English. Entertainment at night is really good and very funny at times! Activities during the day are plentifull (as long as the weather is good).

There were a lot of young children there when we stayed, so if you don't like kids this might be a bit of an issue for you. The other hotels down the road in PB like the Natura Palace are much quieter. However, the Rubicon has a much better atmosphere becuase it feels so busy.

One top tip, book half board and then upgrade to all inclusive when you get there, it's only 18 euro's each per day - you'll save yourself a small fortune!

We'll be going back next year, need I say more..?

Excellent Hotel for all the Family

by TripAdvisor Member pipidoo

My husband and I have just returned from our stay at the Rubicon which we booked as part of my 40th birthday treat. My husband had emailed the hotel direct and explained that it was my birthday and so when we got to our room there was a note from the management, wishing me a happy birthday and offering us a bottle of Cava on the hotel which we thought was a nice touch.

I must say that we could not fault the hotel. There are about 6 outdoor pools, the main pool was usually quite busy with activities but we always found a quieter pool to sunbathe and have a swim. The pools were not that cold either - but then the weather was in the high 80s when we were there. Its a great hotel for families - the staff are very attentive, friendly and love children. I would say that this hotel would probably suit families rather than couples but we enjoyed ourselves nevetheless! The food was excellent with lots of variety and of very good quality, the only downside being that it was buffet style which sometimes could get rather busy at times especially at breakfast, but apart from that we couldn't fault it at all.
We went on a half board basis and also found that for an extra 18 Euros each per day you could go all inclusive. Another couple said they paid a lot more for an all inclusive deal so we think it pays to check with the hotel direct first if you prefer to go all inclusive.

The rooms are large and spacious and spotlessly clean - in fact the whole complex is kept in an immaculate condition. One thing we did find was that towards the end of our holiday people were putting their towels down early on the sunbeds even though it clearly states that you are not permitted to reserve sunbeds....I think this may have been because we went during the Easter week and it was very busy - I would think that outside the school holidays this probably wouldn't be a problem.

Its a good 20 min walk into Playa Blanca - we walked into the town about half a dozen times to have lunch and to chill out at Playa Flamingo Beach.
All in all it was an excellent holiday and we would certainly recommend it to family and friends.

Comments