Carretera Faro de Pechiguera s/n, Playa Blanca, Lanzarote, 35570, Spain
Booking.com Tingo.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about HL Club Playa Blanca Hotel

just returned from hl club playa blanca

by TripAdvisor Member dekaMidlands

read the reviews after i had booked and was quite concerned as we have 3 small children with us 2, 4 and 8.we found the accomadation clean ,maid service every day beds made ect .The staff were friendly and always trying to get you to join in with the various games and activities around the pool and tennis court,they all spoke good english,the night entertainment was good for young children and all of mine joined in ,yes there are germans spanish and swedes at the complex and the entertainment is more geared towards non brits ,but they speak english as well,overall we had agreat holiday here and would recommend to people who have young children and are not looking for union jacks and burger bars.

There's no need to worry !

by TripAdvisor Member happymumCornwall

We had originally been offered a holiday at this hotel but choose not to after reading some of the reviews. We chose to stay at the Rio Playa Blanca which is the sister hotel instead as the reviews were much better. When we arrived at the Rio Playa Blanca they told us that we were to be transferred to the Club Playa Blanca as there was a problem with our rooms. You can imagine that we were quite adamant that we would not go but in the end there was no alternative. We got to the Club Playa Blanca in a very negative state of mind and were determined to find fault! However we were in fact very pleasantly surprised, the bungalows were set in lovely gardens, clean (let me assure you that the bedding was very clean, a pet thing of mine) and well maintained daily by maid service. The food was plentiful, well presented and plenty of choice, admittedly it wasn't top notch but my fussy family found something to eat every day and were all quite happy. We are not normally the type to participate in the hotel entertainment as it can be a bit tacky however our kids loved the disco and the entertainment was very good and certainly family friendly. Our only critisisms would be that the pool was on the cold side and the showers were a bit weak. We would advise that its a case of if you can't beat them join them with the sun loungers. There are notices asking guests not to reserve sun loungers but they are ignored and if you are polite and don't get down early to reserve one then you can forget it for the day. In summary it isnt the Ritz but it is a nice family hotel and we would go again.

kids loved it !!!

by TripAdvisor Member lujesabs

we have just returned from a weeks stay at club playa blanca, myself , my wife and 3 kids , aged 8, 4, and 2 . First off was not happy that we had to get 2 taxis from the airport , taxis are only for 4 people and would not allow my youngest on my knee , they do seem to have 7 seaters flying about , but with the seats taken out , anyway with my hands tied we jumped into 2 taxis for a 25 min journey, was charged 45 euros for each taxi. cheers. First impression is that it did look like a 4 star , bungalow nice and spacious , however can hear every sound from next door bungalow. food in general was ok , great if you like salads, do feel that they could cater a little more for the young ones though. my eldest got involved with kids club and loved it , all three enjoyed evening disco and games , not keen on the bingo though, which they had every night. Service at the pool side bar wasnt very good , you had to wait quite some time if you wanted ice-cream. the pools were a good size but a little cold, soon got used to that though. the beach is nice , 10 min bus journey every half hour, its also about 10 min walk to shops , harbour etc. overall we enjoyed our stay but would rate it at 3 star, Also 180 euros for taxis a little unexpected so beware if their is more than 4 of you.

nice villas

by TripAdvisor Member louisegrafton

We (2 adults 2 children aged 4) have just returned from a week at the HL Club Playa Blanca. The hotel looks really nice from the first impression, after walking through the foyer all the rooms are in semi detached bungalows, so just one neighbour, no scraping chairs! We stayed in a one bedroom one and there was plenty of room, a large living room with tv, fridge, microwave, fold out campbed and a sofa which converts to a single bed. The bedroom was very large with plenty of wardrobe space and a large bathroom with twin sinks, there was a third door that went outside to an enclosed unroofed space, perfect for hanging towels, pushchairs etc. There is a table and chairs that you can take onto your entrance veranda and relax. Take some euros with you for hiring out towels, safety box, remote control for tv (we did without one and managed- there's only sky news anyway!). The food was okay, usual standard for all inclusives, more towards German tastes, but enough to find something you like- apart from brussels and carrots at breakfast! There are two sittings for evening meals (6.45-8 and 8.30-9.45) and are allocated on arrival. Don't get to the first sitting too late, on our first night we got there at 7pm got our kids their dinners and pudding, then we went up at 7.30 ish and they had stopped cooking fresh things and what was left was it and at 8 they turn the lights off to get you out. I did also see a cockroach in the dining part near the drinks dispensers! The entertainment is good, mini disco for the kids, multi-lingual bingo then an act, although on sundays there is just a show at 10 nothing else.The pools were nice and the kids club was good with lots for the kids, mostly aimed at Germans though. The hotel doesn't change money and be very alert when you change it in town. I changed some at one of the indian alcohol and fag shops where they advertised the exchange rate outside (1.25e = £1), I had £120 to change which worked out at 150e, but was given 138.8e when I questioned it he said it was right, I asked for the calculator and he did it in front of me, but I noticed he pressed memory recall before showing me 138.8e. I insisted on the calculator and got 150e- he blamed a faulty calculator! I got all of my money though!
I don't think the hotel should be a 4 star, the locks in the toilets don't work and although the toilets are very clean, the area aroung the snack bar and pool need more regular cleaning, one hot chocolate spillage was there for three days. If I got another good deal we would go back again.

What a load of rubbish Brits Beware

by TripAdvisor Member Bigalex

I stayed at this supposedly 4 star hotel for two weeks from the 30th dec to 13th jan. I read the reviews before i went and thought they were just people having a whinge i really wish i had listened and took note.

The positives first, the rooms are spacious and modern which was good as there were six of us two adults four kids and that is where the positives end

We payed over £4, 000 pounds for the two weeks fully inclusive and ate out for about seven nights the food is bad there is nothing on the menu for children too eat apart from chips, a lot of the food from dinnertime is reheated and put back out again for the evening meal the food is catered for germans and spanish i mean how many people eat brussell sprouts and cauliflower for breakfast. The outside buffet in the day is put out when the staff can be bothered and has pigeons and cats sat there eating it.

The entertainment , if you can call it that is entirely in german and spanish that includes the kids clubs in the day if you speak neither of these languages like my kids you have no chance. The evening entertainment had an act on twice in our two weeks there which contained some english and that was a parrot show

My son also slipped at the side of the pool and sliced his leg open on the broken tiles round the pool which required nine stitches at the local hospital, I reported it to the hotel director and he sent a bottle of wine and some cakes too the room, I asked the director for a copy of his public liability insurance and he said he would come see me the following morning and managed to avoid us for the rest of the holiday i have been trying to contact him since our return to the uk to no avail (funny that eh)

A summary of this hotel it is no where near a 4 star closer too a 2 star, the food is terrible, nothing to offer in terms of entertainment for english, If you only listen too one review listen to this one not your usual whingeing brit its just not acceptable save your hard earned money you will only think what a waste if you stay here

This Hotel is not as bad as made out by other reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Webb-Family

We booked a short stay in this hotel online, for my Mother me and my toddler son. I booked in November and got a very good deal.After reading some of the reviews in December and January i began to regret booking it and asked if we could change hotels. My Mum however said give it a chance and wait and see when we get there. We pulled up in a taxi and i was impressed with the entrance and went inside to be met by friendly Staff. Although check in was not until after 2 ( we arrived at 12) they gave us our wristbands as we were all inclusive and sent us down to the pool area and would we like some lunch. So far so good.We went in for lunch and found there to be some lovely salads . But the hot food not as good.It feels like they try really hard but don't really get there. The food was not always to our taste but we could always find something to eat.The accomodation however was lovely and clean, it was a lifesaver having a fridge and microwave for bottles. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the pool area great even if a little cold in the water!!. . The resort of Playa blanca is beautiful and would like to go back. This hotel did us for the short time we were there,but the food does let it down a bit. That being said they did serve lovely cakes by the pool at half 4 every day.All said and done we felt that we had got value for money, if they got the food right I would go back again.

iI shouldn't have worried

by TripAdvisor Member vincentCorkIreland

Having had a very good holiday in this hotel a couple of years ago, my wife and I decided to return for a couple of weeks in feb; We arrived with great apprehension having read all the negative reviews re food/staff etc etc. I can honestly say that anyone who thought that the food was rubbish must be gourmets with Michelin star standards. I thoroughly enjoyed every meal from prawns/ calamari/ paella/roast pork/veal/chicken/beef pasta and a fantastic salad bar. Not to mention the cakes and icecream. Again I have to say that anyone who found the food to be rubbish should maybe venture outside their comfort zone and give the bangers and mash a miss, and I can even recommend a book that might help them. Its called "Who moved my cheese"
By the way, I found the staff to be friendly and efficient and the accomodation to be clean but a little dated.

would return

by TripAdvisor Member Terranova_8

Stayed here for 10 days.Booked with Flexi trips( part of Thomas Cook). Like others had read the reviews after we had booked so was a little apprehensive. However we went with an open mind.We found the reception staff more than helpful & minor requests ( extra pillows & bath mat) were dealt with very quickly. The bungalows were very clean & spacious & the quietest complex we have stayed in,albeit our room was at the back of the site (717). & away from the bar area. The food was a vast improvement on what we experienced in a 4 star hotel in Zante last year!! The 2 sittings for dinner was fine, having allocated table for your stay was good & we quite liked eating by 8pm so that we could go out in the evening.The food was hotish & were amazed at how many people chose to put hot food on cold plates! There were always hot plates available. We only had one night when we were really stuck for our hot food choice but filled up on soup & yummy bread,salads & the numerous deserts. I can however see that young children would have problems with the food choice.We chose half board as we don't stay around the hotel very much & found that if you fill up on the good breakfast it was more than adequate, it was sufficient until the evening. Used the courtesy bus to the beach most days. Our only complaint was the last bus back left at 3.15pm which is a little early.
The resort is super. We loved the extremely long prom & walked part of it most evenings. ( It only takes 10 mins to walk from the hotel into the main resort area) Plenty of bars & eateries to choose from. We used "Paddy Macs" Irish bar ( opposite the chuch by the square with music most nights.
We are seriously thinking of going back again next Feb/March

great for all

by TripAdvisor Member jdbslb123

this place seems to have bad reveiws but i cant see why. appartments were very clean and the maid service was every day.the food was better than some places i have stayed, and the kids loved it.my kids are 14, 9, 7, and they want to go back again later this year. the only complaint i had was if you were all inclusive the bar shut at 11 pm sharp but they didnt tell us we could pay for more drinks if we wanted, the barman seemed to want to get home asap. over all i would go back any time.

Lovely Hotel and a Great Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member SquirtyBurt

Was a bit worried about our holiday after reading some of the reviews on here after making our booking. There was absolutely no reason to worry at all.

We have just returned from a weeks All Inclusive holiday and had a fantastic time. The Hotel reception is clean and very well staffed. On entering through reception into the hotel site the view is spectacular, overlooking the pool and bar area with the Bungalows stepped back set in clean and well maintained grounds.

The Bungalow we had (2 bedrooms) was a great size, the master bedroom especially was very big, in fact we set up the fifth folding bed in here and there was still plenty of room. The lounge area had a TV (only Sky News in English, but we didn't go on holiday to watch TV), Fridge & Microwave. Bathroom included twin sinks, which made getting ready a bit quicker with 5 of us.

Hotel grounds are well maintained, pool area is great with enough activities to keep the non sun worshippers happy. Food was much better than we expected. Lots and lots of choice, from either the cold buffet island or the hot buffet counter with fresh fish and meat being grilled on demand.

There are areas where you could pick fault, but these small points did not detract from a brilliant holiday and the maintenence staff were always available to remedy any issues quickly.

Overall a great holiday in a great hotel, we would definately return the next time we have Lanzarote planned as a destination.

Comments