Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Resort

See Amenities

lanzarotes best all inclusive

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 28, 2012

we started off by meeting a very smily and welcoming Receptionist called Nikky who was very friendly, and then we where give are key cards and we went to our rooms I was in room 1004 and it was stunning with a balcony facing the 4 swimming pools the sea and venta ventura. the room had cultural pictures which were stunning and it had a double bed and a pull out sofa bed. after our little sleep we went for our dinner in the international restuarnat all inclusive which was full of intersting foods and drinks they were all very nice but my one complaint is that they weren't specfic on the fish but other than that it was amazing. the whole complex is fantasic the pool are beautiful and the sunbeds are increbile comfy the country it's self is beautiful and intersenting the color of the place is like being on mars its hot all year round and is close to africa and tenerife. in the hotel they have free wifi which is good but abit slow. all in all it is the nicest hotel i have ever stayed in and thank you too the staff for making it so pleasurable. also my step brother how is 6 went to the mini club and loved it the entertainment is very good and is worth going to all the shows

Unique Quality: the view is amazing of venta ventura. the pools are very nice and cool you off on hot days (most days) and the staff are so nice and friendly i could never have a bad comment about them

Directions: playa blanca and papagayo nude beach

SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Terrific - Beyond Expectations

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 26, 2011

I chose this hotel because I had stayed in one of its sister hotels last year, but nothing prepared me for the utterly fantastic holiday we would have.

From the moment I booked online, service was first rate. I phoned a week before departure to request a particular room type and on arrival I saw that my request was granted. Check in was swift and the friendly receptionist did her best to encourage us to head straight for the bar before even checking our room.

We opted to head for the room - a very spacious unit on the top floor of the seafront block C. We sat on our cane furnished balcony listening to the waves dash against the shore as we watched the sunset. It was pure magic.

The hotel is All Inclusive and when you consider that you're getting all you can eat and drink at a four star hotel plus room and entertainment for less than €50 per person you have to ask yourself how they do this, especially at the high standards they maintain.

There are four restaurants to choose from for dinner, three of which are free under the AI package. We ate at the International buffet and the Italian buffet. They interconnect so essentially you can chose from both buffets at once. The Chinese restaurant requires pre booking, as does the French restaurant (which is not part of the AI package). The food is excellent, with plenty of choice for every palate.

Public areas inside are plentiful, with all sorts of entertainment laid on for good and bad weather alike. There are play areas with plentiful games tables, dartboards, and mini kiddy rides. A very active animation team works hard to ensure that those who want to be are entertained. On one particular occasion I was most impressed to see a member of the animation team playing pool with a young teenage boy - they give that in depth one on one attention if you want it!

Bars - inside I visited three, but there are more. On the reception level there's the Canarian Bar, clearly identified by its elaborate wooden entrance door. Inside there are many tables plus a long outdoor balcony with cushioned seats. At night there's a guitarist here and plenty of dancing couples. Just off this bar is a TV room aimed mainly at sports enthusiasts.

On level -1 is the Green Bar. This is a bit more upmarket in a way, with a pianist who also plays saxaphone and french horn. People get dressed up to come here and relax after dinner.

On Level -2 is a casual bar with some pool and fooze ball tables. It's open from 3pm to 7pm.

Outside, what can I say? Three adult pools and two (or three?) for kids; far more sunbeds than would ever be needed, even when the hotel is full; three different pool levels and even more sunbed levels. Then there's a pool bar plus a seperate snack bar.

Take one of the many elevators down to ground floor level and exit the hotel at the back entrance onto the beach. It's a stony beach but perfect for pics at sunset.

Leading along behind the beach is a wide walkway going all the way to the Marina and, beyond that, to Playa Blanca town (about 3 kms walk to Playa Blanca). It's a beautifully picturesque walk along the seafront, with many seating areas along the way. More about that in a seperate tip.

Unique Quality: The hotel is pristine for cleanliness. Wherever we went people were cleaning, polishing, redecorating etc.

I almost forgot to mention the hotel's free bus service which runs to and from Playa Blanca perhaps six times a day.

I would not hesitate to come back. Whatever it is about this hotel, it seems to generate a feeling of cameraderie between the guests and we left with so many new friends.

Finally, it's very wheelchair friendly and every floor is accessible by ramp or elevator. Ditto that perfect walk to the town

Directions: At the very end of the promenade when walking from Playa Blanca past Marina Rubicon and onwards.

duet62's Profile Photo

Excellent structure, great Attrim

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 10, 2006

had read plenty of reviews on this hotel, which all came out great, so was really looking forward to this holiday. But slightly disappointed when I actually arrived. The structure of this hotel was fantastic, and yes the staff were very helpful. The areas around the hotel are very clean, the pools are fantastic and the room was great. Well worth the money paid.

The food on the other hand, maybe I was expecting too much, but did not think the food was upto 4* standard, there was variety but would not eat some of the food because (my husband being a butcher) the cuts of meat were old, the eggs they did at breakfast were old eggs and so tended to stick to salads and croissants.

Also the entertainment was not brilliant.......the kids enjoyed it at the games level, but the nightly entertainment was not upto much.

This would be a great hotel if in a different area, it is away from the main towns and to get anywhere you need to either hire a car or take all the excursions which becomes expensive.

Great if you are looking for a quite time for relaxation only.

THE BIG PLUS WAS ON OTHER REVIEWS I READ ABOUT THE COCKEREL WAKING YOU UP EARLY WELL I WAS RIGHT OPPOSITE THE YARD IT USED TO LIVE IN..........IT IS NO LONGER THERE AND POSSIBLY ON THE MENU

Nearby Sandos Papagayo Arena Beach Resort

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Playa Blanca Travel Forum

Need advice about Playa Blanca, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Playa Blanca and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Playa Blanca hotel reviews