La Hondura, 8, Puerto de Santiago, Tenerife, 38683, Spain
Barcelo.com Orbitz.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Barcelo Santiago

Dieters nightmare but luxury personified!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kirktonlass

Have just come back from a wonderful week at the Barcelo Santiago. The food is excellent and has such a wide range that you would have to be really picky to not find something to your liking - they even do local delicasies like papas arraguadas (canarian potatoes) which were wonderful!! The rooms are very comfortable, well maintained and spotlessly clean with a very good maid service daily. All the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you from the guy who took the luggage to the room, the maids, pool staff, bar staff, restaurant staff to the staff in reception - they all seem to be so happy at their work and give an excellent service. We are planning to come back again next June and I can't wait as we had such a good time.

such a fantastic holiday

just returned from the barcelo santiago after a fantastic week. i stayed with my husband and daughter who is 10 years old this is not our first visit to this hotel and i am already trying to book for next year. the service is of the highest standard in the bars and reception staff cant help you enough . we upgraded to an all inclusive on arrival and found 10 euros a night excellent value for money. the entertainment team really made our holiday special and are wonderful at their jobs. thank you barcelo for yet another week we will never forget. see you in 2006. if any regulars to the hotel know when the hotel is closing next year for buliding work please e mail me and let me know.many thanks

Great location !Wonderful place!

by TripAdvisor Member PJBScotland

We have come home after a blissful stay at the most awesome location on Tenerife. We had read the many reviews and yet were unprepared for the sheer majesty of the views from this hotel. Add to that the varied and mouthwatering cuisine ,the cleanliness throughout together with the efficient friendly staff plus the courtesy bus and if someone knows of a better place to stay then let my wife and myself into your secret.
We had not been aware of how beautiful the north end of Tenerife is and what wonderful treasures it contains. We took a trip to the island we could see from our balcony. It is the island of La Gomera. On no account miss taking this trip which is oft described as a trip back in time. We could see why this is said but it fails to cover the comfort of the journey which is possible as a result of the new roads and general increase in wealth and development. In truth there are too many attractions for one visit to this magical place(provided your stay is at the Barcelo Santiago).
P.S. The architecture of this hotel is a delight to the eye!

Fantastic Hotel - Awesome Location

This was my first trip to Tenerife and after consulting trip advisor I decided upon the Barcelo Santiago. All I can say is that this hotel is utterly amazing. Nothing can quite prepare you for its location. The hotel is built on top of a cliff and looks straight out onto the ocean with views of La Gomera and also looks onto Los Gigantes Cliffs. Our rooom was excellent wth a large balcony with astonishing sea views. Hotel facilities are first class - excellent pools - excellent bar. The sunbathing facilities are great with plenty of beds, umbrellas and palms for shade. Restaurant was fabulous. We went half board and the food was delicious with lots of local delicacies amongst the usual fare. One of the best touches is the serving of sparkling Cava with breakfast in the morning. Nothing beats sitting out on the terrace with a glass in hand!!
Around the hotel the area is quiet but there are enough restuarants/shops etc for those wishing to venture outside. Also Los Gigantes and Playa Las Arena are only about 15mins walk around the cliff fronts and are a bit busier for those wishing some biz.
For those who like swimming don't miss the rocky bay at the foot of the hotel - it is amazing for snorkelling!!!
All in all, I would rate this a 4/5 star experience - go there!

time for refurb

just returned from hotel 12/8/05 this was our third visit to the barcelo santiago and we had an excellent holiday but we found a couple of the usual faults you go on holiday to relax but unless you get up at 7-30 to reserve your sunbed at the end overlooking the cliffs they are all taken these at this end are not locked like the ones around the pool where a bunfight ensues every morning just what you need after sampling the all inclusive drinks. Second fault was the food was never hot when served in the trays although the food freshly cooked was excellent can recommend the bar snacks excellent food always served piping hot by the same bar staff who work extremely hard over the last 7 or 8 years. overall this is an excellent hotel suitable for families and couples alike. Our daughter who is 16 travelled with us and found the small bars and nightclubs just across the road from the hotel enough to keep her amused with people her own age without being far away for the parents to worry about them
After reading the reviews i totally agree the hotel could do with a complete refurb to brighten the place up but please dont be put off until this is done as the hotel is lovely and clean at present

Keep the faith I will be back in sept 2005!

by TripAdvisor Member BCFC

The last reviewer talks about all inclusive and the lack of drinks, drinks, drinks! Why didn't he justy stay at home and get smashed in Bognor? Perhaps the waiters are not trying to deprive him of his Anglo Saxon need for alcoholic fuel; they just have a more civilised attitude to wine and food?
The Barcelo is excellent - enjoy!

Dr P Butler

Very good drinks
beautifulls gardens
people hotel very nice
Bar OK
Beach far away but with free bus from hotel (black sand)
Pool nice with litle space around
40 Km from playa das Americas

Comfortable Hotel in a Wonderful Location

We just came back from Barcelò Santiago. We spent a very relaxing holiday there.
The hotel is really comfortable: rooms are clean and well furnished; from our room we had an excellent view of the Los Gigantes mountain!! Everyone in the hotel is really kind, from the receptionists to the entartainment team.
Food is really excellent (trust me: i'm Italian, so I'm quite demanding on this issue) in terms of variety and quality.
I only have two points to complain about:
1. the lack of the air conditioning and the stong smell of roasted fish and meat in the restaurant room;
2. the swimming pool and the space aroud it was not big enough to host all the guests of the hotel: as the beach is not so great, this was a crucial problem.
A part from this small problems, if I had to come back to Tenerife, for sure I'd choose Barcelò Santiago again.

We rent a car and we have been almost everywhere in the island: I strongly recomend you to visit the TEIDE PARK, the small village GARACHICO with its wonderful natural sea-pools and the town "OROTAVA".

Okay hotel but......

by TripAdvisor Member redbus

Just returned from this hotel and thought it was not really up to the star rating. Hotel was a bit tired but i do believe it is closing at the end of this season for a major refurb. Meals, although they were not presented well did taste better than they looked. Entertainment team did a great job under the circumstances, due to the fact that the sound system was always breaking down and one evening in particular went off altogether and the team had to adlib, which i take my hat off to them did a great job. Another thing that put me off was the lack of space roung the pool, you felt as though you were lying over each other and if you were not down at the pool for 8am for the chains coming off the beds, you didnt get one! We did make the most of it and overall the holiday was good.

Top Notch.... BUT!

by TripAdvisor Member Sealy

A few top tips:

Get up early if you want a sun bed... after 8:30am and youv'e had it. It does say in the hotel rules that reserving sunbeds is not allowed but this is not policed what so ever. People were reserving beds but not using them all day. This may not be a problem out of peak season.

Take some masking tape with you.... As with all of the Canaries, cockroaches may be a problem and they can get into your room by crawling under the door. I bought some tape from the super market over the road. There are only a few and it didn't put me off the hotel at all, but if your wife is like mine you'll be awoken in the morning with screaming!

Entertainment..... Lets just say they tried their best..... Bless um!

All in all the hotel is excellent... especially on the all inclusive option. Plenty of choice of food even for fussy eaters like me and was different every night.

Hotel was clean and staff were very helpful....

Would recommend it and I'd go back there again.

TOP MARKS!