Avenida Colon 12, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, 38400, Spain
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about H10 Tenerife Playa

The thing I didn't like about...

by helimaarit

The thing I didn't like about Tenerife (Playa de las Americas) is that there weren't any locals. It was just hotels, hotels and hotels. Tourists, tourists, tourists. But it is definetely a great place to spend a relaxing vacation under the sun.

TENERIFE:

Playa des las...

by della_marga

TENERIFE:

Playa des las Americas!!!

LANZAROTE:

Pueto del Carmen!!! Go to Avenida des las Playas, there you will find discos and bars...

Tenerife

by RobMorgan

PLAYA DE LAS AMERICAS in the CANARY ISLANDS are an ideal winter retreat, where else can you relax & soak up the sunshine from a cold, wet & windy United Kingdom ???
Here's Lizzie, chilled out on the balcony, perfect place to get away from the the pressure of work & the british weather. Couple of books & a bottle of beer (or two), heaven !!!
***PLEASE ALSO LOOK AT MY GRAN CANARIA TRAVELOGUE***

ZoeB's new Canary Islands page

by ZoeB

I have been to The Canaries several times to Gran Canaria, Lanzorote and to Tenerife.

I went to Gran Canaria in the early nineties, to Lanzorote in 1997 and to Tenerife in 1998. I loved Lanzorote and Gran Canaria but Tenerfie I went to with a friend for a sun holiday - mistakenly i went to Playa de Las Americas at the busiest time of the season - argh.

Gran Canaria is nice, the main town is Las Palmas and just down the road is the Masapalomas sand dunes and Puerto Rico where I stayed.

Lanzorote is nice too, very relaxed, more suitable to families and couples than singles. Lots of bars and cafes.

Tenerife - Playa de Las Americas is the opposite, ideal for singles loving nightlife and to meet people. The average age is around 18-25 and peak season you cant move wherever you go, so keep that in mind when visiting.

The beautiful Canary Islands

by SusanneBeck

Look at this photo. What do you see? Clear blue skies, a blue sea, white sands, a beautiful beach. This is what the Canary Islands are all about. Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, La Palma, El Hierro, La Gomera are all a paradise for the millions of tourists who visit them every year.

I spent two weeks in Gran Canaria with my family. It was the last two weeks of August 1998 and couldn't have been much hotter. I loved it! It's one of the best places I've been on holiday to. You see, I'm not a "beachy" kind of person. I like the beach but I need more and Gran Canaria was perfect. The beaches were plentiful but there were lots of other things to do on the island too.

In June 2000, I went to Fuerteventura, again with my family although I did make the stupid mistake of staying in an apartment with my brother - we didn't get on at all!! Anyway, Fuerteventura is a very beautiful place and can be a wonderful holiday destination for some people but not for me unfortunately. Fuerteventura would suit people who want to go somewhere hot but who can't stand too much heat. Fuerteventura means "strong winds" and this is very true. It can be quite cold during the day which made sunbathing unpleasant when I was there, but it's even colder at night. I didn't expect it to be that cold and only had summer clothes with me. At night, I was freezing!! This island is also still under construction. Most places you look, you can see buildings, like apartment blocks and hotels, being built. This underdevelopment also means there is not a lot to do. There's the usual pubs and karaokes but there's not that much choice and a week was too long for me to be there! Don't let me put you off though. The beaches were beautiful - pure white sand - just beautiful.

PLEASE SEE TRAVELOGUES FOR FACTS ON INDIVIDUAL CANARY ISLANDS

For more information on the Canary Islands, take a look at some of VT's greatest pages:

LANZAROTE: A WALKER'S PARADISE by B_Caro

LANZAROTE by Cheekymarieh

TENERIFE - PLAYA DE LAS AMERICAS 2000, GRAN CANARIA - PUERTO RICO 2001 by Jolou

GOMERA AND LA PALMA by AndreasK

Weather November North Tenerife

by stanley37uk

Am travelling to Puerto De La Cruz in mid-November for 2 weeks . What sort of weather can we expect , I can see north is at least 6/7 degrees cooler than south , and wetter , at all times of the year . Is there any realistic chance of sunbathing . Has anyone stayed in H10 Tenerife Playa there , opinions .

Thanks
Stanley

Re: Weather November North Tenerife

by Bernd_L

The north ot Tenerife might get more rain and clouds during wintertime than the south. But you have a pretty good chance of sunbathing there. I once visited Puerto de la Cruz in February and had perfect weather.

The reward for the risk of rain is the lush green landscape - much more beautiful than the desert in the south.

Re: Weather November North Tenerife

by sheilas

I agree with Bernd another reward is that Peurto has a fantastic atmosphere with lovely restaurants. Dare I say -less, if any, lager louts than other resorts. Havn't stayed in that hotel but if its the one I think its very central. Try www.tripadvisor.com and check it out.
Sheila