Hotel Botanico

See Amenities

Heaven does exist in Puerto de la Cruz

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2010

This Hotel was recommended by friends as I was looking for a luxury hotel with an affordable price. What I needed was relax, no screaming kids, disco noise etc. As I travel on my own this was just the place for me. It is a lovely hotel not to big compared to all this big resorts you see everywhere. Imagine on the 2nd day all the staff adressed me by name, very impressive. There where quite a lot of single travellers staying at this hotel so I did not feel alone. Enjoyed very much The Oriental Spa Garden, a luxury HEAVEN, something my mind and body needed urgently. It is a stunning Spa with its own private garden decorated with beautiful antique Thai furniture, guests have free use of the cardio gym, aroma steam room, whirlpools, in and out door pool, properly heated, saunas, ice iglo, and experience showers and ddaily activities. Don't bring to many books with you as the Hotel has a nice library. At night I would have a nice stroll through the gardens and enjoyed the live entertainment in the Bar, relaxed music and you did not get the feeling that you would need to shoot the pianist because of the noise. It changed daily by the way. Food was just to much, especially at breakfast time, it was nice to be able to have breakfast in the open air by the pool, at night I would enjoy the a la carte restaurants, my favorite was La Parrilla, the headwaiter Mr. Adolfo is a great guy and attended my special needs in a professional way. The standard room which I had booked was not an XL size but catered for everything I need, extremely clean and I enjoyed the lush slippers and bathrobe. I was told by the pr manager that the hotel has great Jr. and Penthouse Suites, maybe next time when I find myself a boyfriend. Bill Clinton, Royal Family of Spain and Julio Iglesias are some of the guests who stayed in this hotel and I can imagine why. I would really recommend this hotel to couples and single travellers, I only stayed 7 days which was not enough for me, I could have done with a few more nights. But hey Hotel Botánico, I will be coming BACK.

Unique Quality: Personalised Service by the staff
Cleaness in all areas
The Oriental Spa Garden, free use of the Termal Circuit and Fitness room (Children under 16 years not allowed, Great!!!!!!!!!)
Decoration of the Hotel (you smell luxury the moment you enter the Hotel)

Directions: Residential area, nearby Botanical Gardens, free shuttle bus to centre (aprox. 5 minutes), taxi is about 3 euros and walking distance, 15 minutes. Nearby are some shops, restaurants and bars.

Nearby Hotel Botanico

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Puerto de la Cruz Travel Forum

Need advice about Puerto de la Cruz, Spain? Visit the Travel Forum for Puerto de la Cruz and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Puerto de la Cruz hotel reviews