Noelia Sur Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Noelia Alfonso Cabrera 6 (frmrly Dreamplace Noelia Sur), Playa de las Americas, Tenerife 38660 Spain
Dream Hotel Noelia Sur
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Noelia Sur Hotel

Should be a 3* hotel

Just back from Noelia Sur (June 05) and very disappointed with the hotel. It looked great on the internet but in real life the hotel is very tatty and is surely in need of refurbishment to be a true 4* hotel. The food was also disappointing with the same selection most nights. There are far to many other good 4* hotels in Tenerife(Costa Adeje area) to even consider going back to the Noelia Sur.

Wonderful Hotel

Just arrived back from Tenerife yesterday.Could'nt fault the Noelia Sur in any way whatsoever.Nice spacious clean mirrored room,television air con, etc,.Really nice friendly and helpful staff,from the managers down to the cleaners,you can get used to saying Ola,there.Food was of a fairly high quality,plentiful and varied.Dining room is a little crowded,but most hotels are the same if its a busy one.The thing that tipped it for my wife and myself,was ,her birthday was on our second last day,and I put a card and some flowers out for her that morning.We went out for two or three hours ,and when we got back to the room,a bottle of wine and a huge basket of fruit were in the room for her,without any prompting from myself,whitch totally made my wifes holiday.That was our first time at the Noelia Sur and we'll definately go back at some point.

just dont go there

What can i say about the noelia sur apart from DONT GO...
STAFF very friendly, helpful......
FOOD terrible you just cant get a table to eat at, dirty dishes still there after half an hour, stone cold food, smell was terrible, when you did eventually get a seat it wasnt worth eating,we had to eat out for the next 6 days of our holiday, the food was that bad.
ROOMS clean but air con very noisy, if you get a room on the ground floor dont take it very noisy and cockroaches, put towels under your door.
HOLIDAY OVERALL .tenerife i love it NOELIA SUR very dissapointing its supposed to be a four star i rate it a two star i deffo wouldnt go back for free.

Downgrading required

Having just returned form holiday, l'm very glad to be home. Had a bad time at Noelia Sur, hotel looks pretty in pictures but on closer inspection not that great. Food sub-standard, queing for pork chops is not my idea of a good meal. During a 2 week stay l ate breakfast 3 times, most nights were spent eating out also. No room at the pool, trying to get a bed was a disgrace.

On enetering the hotel lobby, there was a terrible smell, which lingered around corridors of hotel also!

However, rooms were clean, maids in every day. Staff were all polite and curteous. If visiting Tenerife again, Noelia Sur will not be considered as accommodation.

Disappointed with Noelia on 3rd Visit

by TripAdvisor Member L&DBallyclare

Just returned from a week at the Noelia (8-15 July). This was our third visit to the hotel (most recent was in May 2004). We were very impressed with the hotel last May, however, we were somewhat disappointed with our most recent visit. The main problems were getting a sunbed - queing started at 8:30 am - they even had a whistle to blow! - it was then a mad rush to get a bed. We heard that if you left your bed for more than 30 mins throughout the day then your towels would be removed - however, this did not happen to us. Air conditoning was very poor which meant having to leave the patio door open which resulted in a lot of noise. Food had definitely gone down hill - a lot of fish and veal dishes. I found myself having salad, chips and bread most evenings. We ate out 3 nights out of the 7 as we just couldn't face the fish aroma each evening. Breakfast however was very good and this can be eaten outside which is nice. We would definitely go back to Tenerife, but would not stay at the Noelia.

Very good again

This was our second visit to Noelia Sur. Its a lovely hotel. I went there for my birthday, and in the day returned to my room to find champaign and fruit. They must have noticed my birth date when they photocopied my passport at check in.
Lovely rooms, we had a good view of the pool. If you get a room with an even number you should have a good view. Other rooms may be overlooking the road or other hotels.
The food was good and there was a varied choice.
The air conditioning in the restaurant was absolutly apalling. We dont think they even had it switched on because it was sooo hot! Its hard to enjoy your meal with sweat dripping down your face.
Other than that, a lovely stay. And if I was to stay in a hotel in Tenerife again, I would consider a stay in this hotel.
Oh, and by the way, what they say about the sunbeds is true. Your gonna need a good pair of running shoes to get the bed you want!!!!
I didnt partake in this race every morning! We just watched and laughed!

Stayed at the Noelia Sur hotel for 7 nights from the 10th to the 17th july with a group of four guys. The hotel is very nice and modern has a fantastic feel to it however if your between the ages of 18-21 you'll most likely get spoken to like a child and treated with no respect.

Our first encounter with the hotel was not a good one, after arriving to the hotel at around midnight we were placed downstairs in the basement with a view of a wall and a tree. In one of the rooms there was only 1 bed between two people, we were kindly moved rooms not once, twice but three times and still only had one bed in the room, at that point we were starting to get a little anoid. The hotel members of staff then refused to move us to room with two beds and very rudely said that we should put up with it throughout our stay. So after about 30mins of screaming and shouting with the staff members we were finally moved to the first floor with 2beds in each room, but not impressed at all.

Our second encounter with the hotel was at around 8am in the morning (where if your room is facing the rear of the hotel - opposite appartments you'll know what im talking about) where we were woken up to three members of staff launching huge metal poles into a skip and claiming its for the protection of fire and safety for the people staying at the hotel. Again we complained and once again we were spoken to like a bunch of kids that werent good enough to stay at the hotel.

However i have to say that the managers of the hotel were very understanding and sorted any disagreements out within seconds.

Hotel facilities were great, brilliant location about 5-10mins walk to the shops,bars,restaurants but still far enough away from the noise.

Swimming pools are great, good entertainment during the day and night, nice sized rooms.

The food in the hotel could be imporved but overall a nice hotel but wouldnt stay their again due to my age and the way we were treated.

cannot fault

by TripAdvisor Member EmNik

Just got back from the noelia sur yesterday, my first trip alone without the parents. 8 of us looking for a good time after finishing 6th form. Everything about this hotel was fantastic. When we first pulled up we were amazed we got what we saw for such a cheap price (170 pounds per person for a week b and b). Marble flooring and everything. Waterfall by reception, huge pool, rooftop terrace with 2 quieter pools. It even had its own beach sunbathing area with sand which was nice considering there is not really any nice beach around the hotel (tho we found one not far after asking reception). The staff were the friendliest and helpfulest I have ever seen, they would go out of their way to help us, told us where to go for the best food and beaches, and rang taxis for us. The rooms were very large and have good air conditioning although you do have to pay 14 euros for the fridge and 14 euros for the safe for one week. Maid service was top rate, they would always come back if we were in bed when they first came round, and changed towels every day. They always said hello to you to.

Some people on here have moaned about the food....we only had breakfast but I have never seen such choice before, they had everything imaginable, including a chef which would cook an omlet of your choice on request. Always plenty to eat even at quarter to 10 just before it ended.

pool was cleanest iv seen, not a spec of dirt in there, although very deep for children, ideal for swimming and large.

Entertainment we didnt really check out but looked good from the lists.

Location was ideal, close to the beaches, shops, bars and restaurants but far enough to not be noisy. (about 10 mins walk from veronicas or beaches).

Nice views of mount tiede from balcony.

To top it off the reception rang us to check everything was ok with our room about an hour after check in which was very good.

Could not fault the hotel, deserves its 4* rating totally and anyone who says it is shabby or otherwise clearly needs an eye test.

Excellent!!!

Excellent Hotel... Been 3 times and going again in September.

Staff excellent and friendly they go out of there way to help you.

Pool area good never had trouble getting a sun bed.

Food!! What can I say this is really good. I have been ill on every holiday I've been to, including somewhere else in Tenerife, except here. Food always fresh and lots of choice.

Rooms. Clean and very nice, had a few cockroaches, but that cant be helped Tenerife do have a lot of them. I even got champagne and fruit for the inconvenience .

I would recommend this hotel to any one and I cannot not believe people gave this a bad review they are mad!!!!

Emma & Matt Peterborough

Impossible to rest

I have been there during a week and I must say that this is the noisiest hotel I've ever been in my life. Even in the fifth floor with views at the pool you can clearly hear the sound of anything that happens round the pool.

We had to change the room because of the noise and the coakroaches we saw the first night. People at the reception are useless.

It is also too far from the good beaches and definetively there are much better options in the island.

Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Spain)Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Spain)

Las Teresitas Beach, San AndresLas Teresitas Beach, San Andres