Calle Lajial 4, Playa de la Arena, 38683 Santiago del Teide, Tenerife, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Spring Hotel Playa La Arena

Great hotel

My family and i have been to Tenerife 6 times and to Playa la Arena 3 times, it is the nicest hotel we have stayed at in Tenerife. The hotel is great for all ages with lots of activies like shooting and darts everyday. The service is very friendly and there is a wide range of food. the evening entertainment is always fun to watch. There is a childrens soft play area and childrens activitys which my children really enjoyed. Overall my whole family really enjoys going to this hotel and we will continue going on holiday to Playa la Arena in the future.

Fab time in tenerife

Just returned from hotel playa la arena in tenerife. We booked this hotel (as others have) based on the reviews of others on trip advisor and i have to say we were most certainly not dissappointed. The resort is about 40 mins by car from south tenerife airport. We took the advice of other holiday makers who have booked direct with the hotel, ---- (yes it does have an 'e' in hotel'e's) and this duly saved us a lot of money than if we had booked via a travel agent. We also benefited from a 10% discount as we booked online and since we booked for seven nights the hotel provided you with your own personal transfer by taxi from the airport and back. On arrival at the hotel, my husband gasped and said 'oh, my God!' as we arrived at the front of the hotel and like others before us were quite taken back by the opulence of the reception area and lobby area, marble floors, fountains, cascading plants, comfortable lounge areas all add to the feeling of cool relaxation. We were efficiently checked in and shown our room. Again, following advice from previous reviewers we asked for a room on one of the higher floors , I had requested a room on the sixth floor when we booked on line and this request was duly honoured. The benefit of this is that it gave us the super view of the three pools and the sea and the island of Gomera. We upgraded for the view and was certainly worth it. This also provided you with lovely bathrobes and a room safe and we got a little welcome gift when we arrived. The hotel was immmaculately clean, food fantastic, (you would never go hungry. we booked half board and diddn't have any lunch as we were so full from breakfast! the staff were all very friendly and courteous. The meals in the evening are buffet style, with a huge range of different foods for everyone, vegetarians are well catered for, children are also catered for and each night was a theme night, mexican, french, canarian, indian, italian etc, but even if you do not likee this kind of food there is always other dishes, such as the carvery, fresh fish(about 8 different types i counted whilst we were there), fillet steaks, pork loin, cooked to your liking. The deserts were also very appetising. If you could physically manage it after eating all that food, there was entertainment every evening. While we were there this consisted of dancers, escapologists, singers, which were average to good for those wanting something more relaxing the hotel has a piano bar, and the music played until about 11.30. During the day there is an entertainment itinery for those who wish to take part such as water polo, darts, archery, shooting, outdoor chess, ping pong, tennis mini golf and pool, a small games room, (air hockey and pinball machine). This is a very family friendly hotel and there did appear to be a lot of spanish holiday makers when we were there aswell as german and english. The pool area was immaculately clean. There are lots of staff caring for the pool area, taking care of the plants, and in all the time we were there i have yet to see any litter at all. The sun loungers of which there were many were cleaned twice daily, however although the hotel does not encourage people to put towels on the loungers this seemed to be the crack, even though there were plenty including parasols. (old habits die hard!). The pool area had lovely waterfalls with a lift that took you down to the beach level, and polite security guards ansured that only the residents were allowed into the hotel complex. the beach was lovely, small, black sand, with sunloungers and parasols to hire if you wish. This is a ble flag beach and well deserved, very clean. There were a few bars and restaurants, (if you could fit any more food in) near the hotel and more up the road at Los Gigantes which was two bus stops away, running regular bus services. A word of caution, there are lots of shops selling photography equipment and camcorders, please be careful and do not get duped into thinking you have got a bargin even though it appears that you have, shop around first then buy, good quality stuff, but huge variation in prices, so be careful. We would ceratainly recommend this hotel to our friends and colleagues. Can not wait to go back!

Wonderful Hotel!

I'm so grateful for the reviews here, I feel obligated to post to say our vacation at the Playa La Arena was just wonderful! The reviews are all right on...this is a great place for families, and there's something here for everyone. My kids (10, 6 and 3) loved the water slide and the playground, plus the black sand beach right across the street (do be careful crossing). We easily booked excursions from the hotel, including a boat trip to see dolphins and whales and Los Gigantes, and a trip to the volcano, and one to Loro Park. The rest of the time we stayed by the pool or at the beach, and it was perfect. I booked direct through the Spring Hoteles web site, and thought that was a great deal, as it included an airport transfer and 10% discount. Our first room was right near the elevator and music from the lobby could be heard late into the night. We asked to move the next morning and were given a perfect room at the end of the hotel...much easier to get the kids to sleep there. The food was great for everyone. The tables are close together, so there's not much privacy, but we had no hopes of quiet, elegant dining w/3 kids anyway. Staff and other guests were quite friendly, so it never felt awkward. I'm recommending this hotel to everyone I know and hope to return someday!

Just Got Better The Second Time Around

by TripAdvisor Member AlanC_7

Came here in 2001 whilst staying in another hotel locally, just to look around. Got VIP treatment and we were hooked. Stayed in 2002 for a fortnight and almost cried on leaving. In 2004 we returned and somewhat surprised to see the same staff check us in, the same manager to greet us and the same staff serving at poolside, it was as if we had never been away. We were all inclusive and had two teenage sons with us, 15 and 18. They loved it. Lots for them to do just a few minutes walk away in Santiago. Meals were fabulous, something for everyone and did we enjoy Champagne with breakfast on Sunday mornings - decadent or what? To us there was no better way to wind down from an exhaustive day by the pool with cocktails and listening to Jose play the piano, and yes he's been there since the begining as well. Whilst the entertainment was not of the same 5 star treatment as the hotel, it was enjoyable. Having now experienced a different hotel this year in Gran Canaria, We can't wait to get back to Playa la Arena soon. Oh, they also had a great "anamacion team" who made you want to get involved, old and young alike, they made you mix and my two sons spent several hours just mixing with everyone from kids in the pool to the oldies around it. Go try it - you'll fall in love with it I'm sure.
We'd appreciate a web address to book this all inclusive in anyone has it.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member moriniman

Booked entirely down to the reviews on Tripadvisor and they were (as usual) spot on - this hotel is excellent. Went there just after Easter 2005 and could find no fault and I'm fussy!!

Location is outstanding, design and layout spectacular, rooms and facilities excellent, staff friendly and helpful from cleaners to the bar pianist. The first holiday hotel (apart from one in Mauritius) that I would go back to.

Couple of suggestions - try booking direct on-line to hotel - about £500 cheaper than Airtours/Thomson for same thing. Use the free garage for parking, but its not obvious when you arrive. Oh and please make sure you book a pool/seaview room - worth every extra euro (and not many of them either - euros not rooms.....).

Just as good as before!

For Whitsun half term holidays I went back as I enjoyed my first visit so much (Oct 04). Everything was just as it was before. It was great to see so many of the same staff there. This tells me that they are happy. Food, service, cleanliness just as good as ever. The first weekend was the May bank holiday which saw the hotel full as the locals use it, however, by Monday evening it was quiet and relaxed. I travel on my own with a 5 year old and feel confident to let her do her own thing as it is a safe and secure environment. Still can't fault it!

Brilliant hotel

Great hotel overall:

* Great rooms (good size/quality...view from balcony not as good as it could be...railing was too high)
* Great staff (all speak English, some better than others though)
* Great pools (two pools, lovely and warm)
* Great food (sometimes not quite hot enough, but fantastic quality and range)

Overall a 9/10 holiday for us really especially as all we really want to do is lie by the pool the whole time.

Only a couple of small problems really, but nothing to put us off. It was nice and quiet during the week, but at the weekend it got REALLY busy with Spaniards who were just there for the weekend. The evening entertainment wasn't exactly top class either...Rene and Tracy are not going to get any record deals :)

But overall...brilliant.

A Journey of a Life time

We arrived after a four hour flight and we were collected by the hotel transfer minibus. All nine of us spent the next two weeks in heaven, the cleaners were brilliant ; all we had to do was go down to breakfast and when we returned our room had been dusted and cleaned. The pools were lovely and fresh , although there was only two there was enough room for everyone. The hotel is right next to the sea it has black sand but it is great for taking the kids out for the day!! The entertainment and restaurants were excellent and really worth the money !!!

I had a great holiday with my family and I would recommend it for all ages and families and even couples !!!!!!

Great hotel, but...

by TripAdvisor Member Kittie

Good hotel. However, do be aware of the following:
- the beach is across a road from the hotel, and Spanish drivers have scant regard for pedestrians!
- there is absolutely nothing to do in the town (well, village really);
- an enormous amount of construction is going on nearby;
- the atmosphere of the hotel and restaurant changes completely at weekends, when hordes of Spanish families arrive.

ann_Belgium's new Canary Islands Page

by ann_Belgium

Tenerife is a very beautiful place. But don't go to Playa de las Americas if you like culture. There's nothing to see, it's pure touristic. I stayed in Playa de la Arena and that was quite nice, it's not so far away from Los Gigantes, a beautiful place. Also the capital Santa Cruz is worth to visiting.

Tenerife in September

by grahamNI

Hi, Im off on a first time visit to Tenerife in mid Sept. I will be there with friends who have been there before, so I dont wish to waste their time, by revisiting places they have already been to.

If I visit say 3 places, and I will have a hire car, where should go?

Any updates on good restaurants in any part of the island would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Graham.

Re: Tenerife in September

by BerniShand

Loros Parque.......even if your friends have visited before Im sure they`d love another visit
La Laguna, the centre of the town is a UNESCO world heritage site
a trip over the Gomera by ferry [ another UNESCO W.H.S.]

theres a nice pizza restaurant at the marina in Los Gigantes [ you can go dolphin watching from there ] theres a tip about it on my Tenerife page

Re: Re: Tenerife in September

by DUNK67

a trip up mount teide and the lost vilage of masca is a must if you like stunning scenery.

Re: Tenerife in September

by elcolibri

Tenerife has a lot of places to visit depending of your interests. I suggest you rent a car and these trips:
1 day: Travel to Mountain Teide visiting villages or towns (if you are in the south of the island travel by Vilaflor and in the north by La Orotava) and eat tipical canarian dishes and wine in any restaurant away of the touristics routes. Use the funicular to go to the top of the mountain.
2 day: Travel to Masca in the southwest part of the island visiting before Playa de la Arena, a black sands beach, Los Gigantes, imponent cliff and by Santiago del Teide to Masca. It is a beautiful part of the island and you can take very good pictures.
3 day: Round trip to the island (only 200 km): If you are in the south travel by Puerto Santiago, Santiago del Teide, El Tanque, Garachico, Icod de los vinos, La Orotava, Puerto la Cruz, La Laguna y Santa Cruz de Tenerife and return to the South. If you are in other places begin your travel always going first to Garachico in order avoid the mountain road at night.
Regards

Re: Re: Tenerife in September

by grahamNI

many thanks for the replies................ i have a feeling that with the help of you VTers I will end up showing my friends around!
thanks again,