Aparthotel El Trebol

Apartamentos El Trebol
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 777% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Aparthotel El Trebol

second time at el trebol fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member liamfromdownsouth

this is the second time me and my family have visited the el trebol apartments and it gets better.the complex and rooms are always clean and tidy and the staff are really friendly.the entertainment for adults and children is great the only downfall is the food can be a bit repetative but overall it is brilliant.
ROLL ON NEXT YEAR.

below Average El Trebol

by TripAdvisor Member NewsboyBelfast

Stayed here in january 2006 with my wife. The lobby, pool and grounds are fine and seem to be kept to a fairly decent standard. However the rooms were below average. They are in need of a bit of a face lift. The beds are uncomfortable and the apartment always seemed to have a damp or musty smell even after being well aired.
The resort of Costa Teguise is very quiet. You would struggle to find anything to do after 11pm at night. We also struggled to find decent restaurants. The one which we liked best was called Le Patio in the market square who do decent Pasta dishes and Pizza.
For a cheap week in the sun these apartments are Ok but if you are looking for a bit of comfort avoid.

El Trebol blow by blow

by TripAdvisor Member RossfromOxfordshire

I've just come back from 2weeks in El Trebol, Lanzarote. I'm 22 and went with my girlfriend (20).

We went in Sept (as you have already seen i'm sure).

Firstly the Weather - This resort is quite windy! It mentions as much in the brochures and they're spot on, it doesn't really spoil anything - in fact its very welcome when it's hot! Although, can leave you feeling a bit chilly if you're not in a sheltered spot.

The hotel itself is fine, we had a room on the first floor. Bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchenette all a good size and the balcony was pretty roomy.

Kitchen was relatively poorly equiped. In fact this was my only grumble because we were self-catering. No Toaster, Kettle, not enough utensils and the cutlery had seen better days. Also the oven wasn't fitted properly.

But I don't want to dwell on the bad stuff because there was more than enough good points to make up for things. The beds were twin beds (not a double) but were comfy and in good nick. Towels and linen changed regularly and the maid was nice and friendly.

Nutshell - Room good

The men on the front desk were excellent, helpful and spoke perfect English (and Spanish, and German).

Oh yeah, the hotel does look like a supermarket from the outside but don't let it put you off.

The pool.
Clean and large but pretty cold! Lots of sun loungers to go around (but still people felt the need to reserve them with towels on their way to breakfast - PLEASE DON'T DO THIS FELLOW TOURISTS - it's always us Brits as well and not the Germans!)

Basically pool good.

Hotel Location - Fine. A little out of town but short walk to 2 good beaches and the resort centre. A few bars around the hotel but we avoided them because they were showing Emmerdale, Eastenders and Corrie. AGAIN, I APPEAL TO YOU FELLOW TOURISTS - WHY!?!?!?!?

Excursions, we did the Sunday market (I was forced to go) and as I expected it was full of crap made in china and false "designer" goods.
TIP HERE - If you are forced to go here by members of your group (usually the women) use LUTONS Travel. They provide independent excursions and their market trip only costs 8 Euros. First Choice / Your rep will probably tell you these guys are jokers but they were excellent. First Choice are just REVENUE PROTECTING and getting you to pay 15 euros for their trip instead.

AQUAPARK - Average and very overpriced. 21 Euros for an adult is a rip off for such a small waterpark - it ain't state of the art.

Car Hire.
We used PAY-LESS. Got a Corsa, fully insured for 2 days and it cost 55 euros. Petrol cost about half of the UK cost. Payless we're very helpful and price was good.

Cabrera Madina were'nt that helpful, they were only interested in selling us a big car for more money. Timewasters.

Cava de los Verdes (big cave in north of island) was a good trip and a bargain at 8 euros each to enter. Guide spoke Engliash.

Papaguyo Beach is pretty, the dirt track drive is "interesting" to get there but our corsa survived it intact (just).

Not much at El Golfo (big green puddle) but its pretty to look at.

Timanfeya National park was OK. Slight mix up at the gate resulted in a slightly angry exchange with a security guard which put me in a bad mood for the day (basically his mate on the front gate had skived off from his booth letting me in for free (never turn a freebie down) but then I was forced to drive around in circles for ages to correct my opportunism, and the staff's lazyness.

Nearly done.

Basically this was a good holiday and I'm pleased with it. We booked quite late, (2 weeks before departure) and I got a good price from Thomson (£325 each)

Feel we got excellent value for money as a result and I would do this all again.

Hope I have helped you all - I've tried to be as objective as possible.

Best wishes,

Ross

Best Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member Auburn1

Ok, I stayed at the El Trebol and got back just yesterday. It was my second trip to Lanzarote and even better than the first. El Trebol apartments were equipped with everything you would need for a self catering holiday and we never had a single complaint, the view was exceptional, and the rooms were never too hot. The shower water was reasonable, the TV worked (not that we used it much) there was a full length mirror that my uncle spent a large amount of time in front of assessing his tan. The pool, (warm once in it), was large. There were computers for internet access in reception (costs one euro for 21 minutes) and a pool table, also live entertainment in the bar. The beds were comfortable, the balcony was big enough and The maid was extremely friendly. She even danced with the mop when the radio was on.

Through out our two week stay we never saw a single cockroach or creepy crawly, which is a VERY good thing in my book.

Yes, the entrance of El Trebol does look like a market place, but that only means if you need anything you never have to venture too far away.

We spent an abundance of time watching live entertainment in 'cactus jacks' a short distance away from El Trebol. Abba and the drag show were phenomenal and I highly recommend them.

Loved again v.f.m.el trebol

visited el trebol 5yrs ago fab hol then fab hol this time.Rooms basic but are clean, comfort beds,water warm,but take kettle.Restaurant & kitchen immaculate, no cockroches here in accom or dining area.2kids pools 1 for biggies none are heated but everyone was in,i was in to cool down.half board really good value for 63euros half for kids,remember u r in Spain & other countries have visitors there,but everyone is well catered for & it is fresh,or well cooked.Poor entertainment for the kids this time,good evening entertainment for all ages though.Bar closes around 11pm the site is quiet so kids can get to sleep, but 2mins away theres bars with turns on open till 3am,so all r catered for.beach & shopping centre 5mins walk away. i am 68 & been around i havnt found better value, have a smile at the staff & they r great

good holiday

The El Trebol Appartments were very comfertable and above average. the pool area was great- very cold though. the appartments were clean and spacious. the shower was half decent which is always good. No air conditioning, but you really dont need it as the resort is so breezy. The resort was a bit quiet for us though (19 & 23) although we went in the offpeak season so it might liven up during the school holidays.

our family holiday

We have just returned from lanzarote and would like to say that we had a wonderful time, the staff were brilliant at El Trebol, any problems within the hotel were sorted out , our rooms were clean and practical.The pool area was clean and there was twenty four hour security . On the down side the Kids club wasn;t very good and the Kids Disco was very repetitive. The organized trip to the Volcanoes started brilliantly and was a wonderful experience unfortunately we were herded through the allocated restaurant, the food was disgusting and the wine tasting was farcical. The holiday was a success and the hotel and staff were a pleasure, the restaurant staff worked hard and the rooms were kept spotless.The beaches were a short walk away and were magnificent there were lots of shops nearby and the bus service was quite regular.

Went over Christmas and New Year

by TripAdvisor Member Carla_Linnane

Only got back yesterday, after 2 weeks in the El Trebol at half board. I must say the food was quite nice considering the ammount of people that they cater for. There is plenty of vegtables and salad every night, and lovely desserts! The waiting staff (bar one manager-very scary) were absolutly lovely and worked very hard for long hours.

I complained when I arrived as my bath had rust in, and this was quickly sorted out, although I only showered as the rust was still there: just painted over.

Our cleaning lady was amazing, she came everyday even on Christmas day and New Years eve and day. She was very polite and friendly every day.

Pool was freezing as not heated! I went in twice in 2 weeks and was too cold to stay in, although some children were in. We were a bit party of 8, 7 of us adults and one child of 11. So it was a varied age group.

The entertainment in the pool bar was a little inappropriate at times, and other times was rubbish. We just went into town on these evenings though. Other times the entertainment was very good.

On the whole, the weather was windy and rained for a few days but was warm. Would stay at hotel again, as catered for big groups well.

BEWARE!!! - read on...

by TripAdvisor Member AntYorkshire_England

Food - Bad. Really bad. We stayed half board for 10 nights, probably having 4 or 5 meals in the hotel, but only to save money. Meals were in the form of a self service buffet but didn't look nice and certanly didn't taste nice. The restaraunt was clean enough, but badly let down by the quality of food, we even ended up eating breakfast elsewhere toward the end of our stay. Avoid the food - honestly.

Rooms - Were of a decent size with plenty storage space, clean but very basic. The hot water wasn't really warm enough and the electronic safe played up a couple of times, but other than that no problems, although getting clean towels was harder than it sounds. Supplied with a fridge, cooker and tv (1 Euro per hour), although if you want any extras (from kettles to air conditioning & parasols) you had to rent them from reception, whose prices did seem a little steep.

Pool - Clean, big and cold. We could only manage about 10 minutes in the pool before having to get out to warm up. The Atlantic was much warmer! Loads of sunbeds and in quite a nice location. No complaints.

Bar - Ok. Big enough and clean, but a beer was 2 Euros. Expensive when a bar directly outside sold the same beer for 1 Euro however.

Staff - Not impressed. We had encounters with rude staff at reception, the restaraunt and in the bar. There was no apparent reason for this and we were quite dissapointed as a result. The room attendants were pleasent enough, although they didn't always lock the door after finishing in our room.

On the whole it isn't too bad a place, but it certanly needs some fine tuning. I don't think i would come back here because of the staffs attitude, but if i did it would be self caterting. I wouldn't go anywhere near the restaraunt thats for sure!

simply the best

we have returned from a fantastic holiday the hotel was great the food was good the first week but repeated the second it could have been a little warmer but overall good pool was very cold but the beach was just down the road entertainment and activities were good nearby few local pubs but 10 minutes up the hill plenty to do and lots of shops bus service good and reasonable to take you to other resorts best day is to hire a car trips are fine a little expensive wild west night ok but not what expected a must is the market and volcano trips overall would go back to this hotel.

Comments