Hervideros S/N, Costa Teguise, 35509, Spain

Costs 1592% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ficus

Botanical Gardens of Puerto de la Cruz

by albleroy

This is the best and most interesting Bot. garden Spain!!!!!!!
The real name is "Jardin de aclimatisation"
This is a must to see and to pas an afternoon, even if you are not interested in botany. You can find a large choice of Bromeliaceae, and tropical trees!!!!!
A superb Ficus dealbata elastica, better known as the clasic rubberplant we all have in our houses or offices. Here you can see the tree in all his spendor, enormous!!!!!!!

prety awfull

by TripAdvisor Member waterbed

we have just came back from the ficus hotel lanzarote. the room was ok clean and tidy. the food was a differant story not bad at times they dont cater for children. and the snacks are terrible.the drinks bar is like a big tent , the music is far to loud you cant talk you have to shout at each other to be heard, the entertanment was pretty awful no harm to lynn and john they did there best to entertain the kids but it was the same thing over and over again so as a result to that we couldnt sit in the bar area. we had to go and sit in our room. and to make things worse our room was near the bar wich meant we couldnt sit in the balcony as the music was far to loud. be careful with the drawers in the bedroom as they fall out when opened my child dropped it on her foot and passed out as a result to this. so do be careful. dont go to the aqua park as its a rip off it will cost you fifteen pounds to get in and the pools are freezing to cold to swim. the grand tour is a must you see all you have to see on this tour well worth the money. you can catch the bus to the rancho park which is a must it will only cost you around seven euros for three people to get there and the same back . there is a lot to see. i wont go back to lanzarote its to expensive with the euro things have trebled in price.

Malaga is a special place

by 807Wheaton

12 Kilometers from Torremolinos, Malaga is the splendid capital of Costa del Sol. Driving into the city you are met by beautiful boulevards with BIG ficus trees. There is charming park in the boulevard and the sidewalks here, as in much of Torremolinos, are very lovely, with their designs. I am always impressed with the sidewalks in Europe. So many of them are truly beautiful! I can't say there is any place in the U.S. that has sidewalks that are lovely. Along this drive we saw the old abandoned cigar factories, which are now converted into apartments and homes. We also were told about Park of the monkey Square, where a monkey got loose and hid there.
After walking in Jewish Old Town, we started our tour of Malaga at the Moorish castle of Gibralfaro where we admired an ariel view of the sea port and the bullring from its parapets. There is a lighthouse at the port. The first invaders to Malaga were from Syria, Arabs who were called Calibes. They called this place Malac. At the end of the 11th Century North Africans invaded, the Moors of Morrocco. They remained in Malaga and Granada and were reconquered in 1487. Leaving the Castille de Gibralfaro, we drove through the residential area of the wealthy residents. Many of the homes are restored and it is truly a beautiful area of Malaga, especially the "Villa Onieva". While in Malaga we also went to a wine tasting of Sangria at Quitapenas Winery.

Fantastic Holiday

by TripAdvisor Member roey&kd

My partner and myself stayed at the Ficus for 2 weeks in sept/oct 06 and we had a fantastic holiday. The weather was excellent, the food was lovely and the entertainment was great. The rooms were spacious, clean and not overlooked. I really do not understand why some people could find fault in this place when it clearly advertised as a 3* hotel, there was no mention of a kids club at the hotel so why expect one when there is not going to be one. The kids that were there were having a great holiday and not one of them (and there were a lot of them) moaned all the time we were there. For the price it costs to go to the Ficus you really cant expect 5* luxuary. The evening and daytime entertainment really kept us amused and our reps Lynn & John really made our holiday for us, along with our friends Nikki, Chris, Aimie & Keiran who all equally enjoyed the holiday and would all go back there again!!!

Wastelands

by TripAdvisor Member BigDadLondon

Location of the Ficus is interesting no sea view available what so ever, 360 degree view of wastelands (I kid you not). Check-in/Reception area is the smallest I have ever seen, information received by staff upon arrival was terrible. Not even pointed in the direction of our room - which turned out to be on the top floor, no bell boy here!.
The biggest let down was the food, absoluetly terrible - ended up eating out. Recommend 'The Gravy Boat' (just behind Lanzarote Gardens), nice homemade cooking you must also try 'Catcus Jacks' always seems to be happy hour (buy one get one) and great entertainment.

mixed feelings!!!

by TripAdvisor Member SuffolkAngel

I have just spent a week (25/01 to 1/2) at the Ficus! What can I say!!! I had read the reviews before I left home and decided to wait and see, not pass judgement before I had seen the place! On arrival I could see that some might say it was in a wasteland as there are no other hotels or buildings near to the Ficus, but I have to say this did not deter me at all. Upon checking in reception staff were very helpful and friendly, I was shown where my room was! All good so far! The room was a nice suprise, very spacious and clean. I had requested a sunny balcony, and there it was! (Can I also point out that there were 3 steps from hall to living area, not 6 as in previous review!) My room was cleaned every day except sunday, with the towels changed each time, the bedding was changed once during my stay! The outside areas of the hotel were also very clean and well maintained. The entertainment team worked very hard and were a complete laugh! Lee the rep was also good! So if you're reading this you're wondering what was wrong, Yes? The food!!!!! It was awful! I'm not a fussy eater, I love foreign food especailly Spanish and Canarian, but this I could not eat! I had gone all inclusive and ended up paying to eat out so that I could eat a decent meal each day! Luckily I had travelled there alone, so I could pretty much please myself where, when and what I ate! Another small thing that slightly ruined the holiday was the fact that it rained constantly for 48 hours while I was there! This tho I'm sure you'll agree was not the fault of the Ficus, and I feel that if the weather was better then I would of had a fantastic holiday, food or no food problems!

We loved it !

by TripAdvisor Member 2wrinklies

My Wife and I are both in our sixties, and went to the Ficus with fear and trepidation after reading some of the reviews. Yes we booked and paid for it THEN read the reviews!
We both said it was the best holiday of our lives, and we are already looking to book for 2008! The apartment was great and the food fantastic, with a "theme" every night.eg Mexican, Chinese, Canarian etc etc. We have never done all inclusive before, but if this is an example of it, then we will never self cater again!
The staff were most helpful and polite, the pool looked inviting but my Wife said it was VERY cold, I took her word for it!
Entertainment not much, but the local bars were great. Didn't like the long dark road back to the Hotel at night, no street lighting.
The walk to the beach and shops was lovely, and we never felt threatened at ANY time.
All in all we considered it great value for money

fantastic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member not_fred+wilma

really cant understand these people that dont like this hotel. we (me and my partner) stayed here for 2 weeks in sept/oct 2006 and had a great time! i agree its not a place for young kids but the kids that were there were 8 and over and they had a whale of a time. as for the setting of the hotel this is not waste land, its a volcanic island so it isn't going to be all green fields and meadows, we were glad of the space around us and also glad it wasn't so over looked like in some resorts. the entertainment team were fantastic, lynn and john really knew what they were doing and kept us laughing the whole time, thursdays wern't the same without them (no entertainment on thursdays).
food is ok always something we could eat and there is some fantastic restaurants around the area if you dont fancy any thing at the hotel one night, its really cheap too.
all in all we had a fantastic holiday and have no complaints at all, weather was gorgeous, hotel was clean, entertaintment great!!!!!

Never Again!!

by TripAdvisor Member ram666

A little concerned prior to departure as Thomas Cook's review of the hotel differed somewhat from the Web reviews; I should've listened! Absolutely NOTHING for our 8yr old daughter to do unless competing against half-cut adults at French Boulles counts as a 'fun-packed' activity. The pool table, dartboard and tabletennis tables were all outdoor which gave no options when it rained. The evening 'entertainment' consisted of kids being asked to play hide and seek in a room of glass tables and whicker chairs, or musical bumps. In order to mask the pathetic entertainment the music was played as loudly as possible presumably to prevent everyone discussing the despair they felt at the waste of holiday opportunity. The food was terrible and unsurprisingly plentiful as lots of 'All-Inc' guests ate out which we also did as much as we could afford. The outdoor volleyball court and children's play area are floored with granular volcanic rock which may as well be glass shards. This is the epitomy of everything that is bad with package holidays; please, please take note of these reviews and avoid this at all costs for a family all-inc holiday. As a room to sleep in it's OK and reasonably spacious but as anything else you will be sadly disappointed.

Arrecive

by carolineraat

"Lanzarote's capital"

Arrecive is the place where all the tourist charters land. Most people will be loaded into busses and taken to Puerto del Carmen or some other beach resort, but the city itself is also worth a visit. On this picture you can see one of the nice, broad roads with a vocanoe on the background. I took this photo on our walk to the international museum of contemporary art.

There will be more pictures of the old port and the castle coming up later!

An old warehouse on the sea side

The public bus from Puerto del Carmen stops outside the city centre. From the bus station you can see an ugly structure, the only high building on the island. From there, you have a view over the sandy beach.

Castillo San Gabriel

View from the castle's bridge onto the mainland

This is the old, typical port of Arrecive, with its many little boats and white houses.

Here,you can see two men having a siesta under a ficus benjamini.

We walked all the way up the castillo san Jose, where the museum is. It was a long walk, but definitely worth it! The entrance is free and the art is really interesting. The interior design was done by Manrique.

On this picture you can see a quarry that we saw on the road.

This commercial is really funny: Castillo de Holanda is the Spanish trade mark for dutch cheese!

Comments