Calle Atalaya s/n, Costa Teguise, 35509, Spain

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Beatriz Costa & Spa

A Life of Luxury

Having just come back from a week's holiday at the Hotel Beatriz, Costa Teguise I just couldn't resist to write a review.

This was our second time at the hotel, and like the stay before it was absolutely fantastic. Everything about the hotel was perfect. Our room was very clean and well equipped, it was a nice suprise to come back to your room every evening and find your towels set out in the shape of swans or nicely folded.

The service provided in the hotel was one of a high standard, the waiters and chefs in the restuarant were very efficient, helpful and courteous, and their English was good, which was helpful as I barely knew any Spanish. The food in the restuarant was fab, as a very fussy eater I had no problems in finding something that was tasty to eat, as there was a wide variety in food.

We took the opportunity to have a spa at the hotel, it was very relaxing. You could have stayed in it for hours. I got a massage also, which was totally heavenly.

Every evening there was an enterainment programe set back the enteraiment staff, this contained something for people of all ages, there was a mini disco from about half eight til 9pm, then there was some music followed by a show. The shows were very good, and sometimes very amusing if you were asked to take part. I must say all 3 enterainers took their job seriously and ensured everybody was having a good time (Thank you guys).

All in all we had a wonderful stay at this hotel, it is one of the best hotels we have stayed in, and I enjoyed being spoilt and living a life of luxury for a week. All the staff should keep up the good work as they are making the hotel an enjoyable place to be in.

Sarah

Superb hotel

by TripAdvisor Member waggyEngland

We have been lucky enough to have stayed in some of the best holiday hotels around and the Hotel Beatriz is up there with the very best.
Before we went we read some of the reviews already posted and to say that we were a touch concerned about what we would find would be something of an understatement.
Well we need not have worried.
The rooms were excellent, the food brilliant(very hot!), and the staff courteous and professional.
The only downside for us was that the entertainment was not to our taste, but that is purely a personal view.
We would certainly go back for another visit, and recommend it to friends and relations.
I can only assume that the people who posted negative comments are the type who would complain about anything.

superb hotel that cannot be faulted

I have read some of the previous reports and also have looked at the photos supplied here and it appears that there are two Beatriz hotels in Costa Teguise. One on the coast and one set back further "in land". I say this because I have just returned from a two week stay at the "in land" hotel & spa and I found it to be superb and do not recognise it from some of the negative reports here, nor are the photos of the Beatriz hotel that I stayed in.

From the moment I stepped into the clean, impressive and well maintained marble foyer I was impressed. I found the whole hotel to be clean. My room was spotless, well equipped and spacious, The bathroom in the room was equally as good.

The hotel itself has 3 spacious bars, and two restaurants all with exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, in fact I found all of the staff members at the hotel to very friendly, excellent at their jobs and more than willing to offer assistance.

The food on offer in the buffet style restaurant was superb and of a very high standard, it was varied and there was a wide choice of food available. I was part of a group of 7 and this meant that tables had to be specifically laid for us to be able to dine together, but the staff were more than happy to do this for us every night and I found the waitng staff to be very efficient and friendly.

The leisure facilities available are plentiful and of a high standard, there are 3 swimming pools (2 heated) including a childrens pool and also an outside "jaccuzi" I found these to be spotlessly clean. The entertainment staff of 4, worked tirelessly during the day to provide activities to those who wish to take part and these were very enjoyable and again varied and innovative. There are also tennis courts, a squash court and a football pitch on site so the more "energetic" people were well catered for. There are also pool tables, table tennis, air hockey and table football available.

I visited the free gym within the spa and it was very well equipped. I did not have an opportunity to use the spa, but people I spoke to who had were very impressed with it.

The evening entertainment was excellent with a childrens disco every night, followed by a live band and a speciality show. These were never boring and again were of a high quality.

The hotel is set slightly away from the centre of the resort, but it is only a 5 - 10 minute walk to reach the main bars/shops and beach area and I found this only enhanced the appeal of the hotel as it is quieter than those in the centre of the resort. There is also a free courtesy bus running at several time every day into the centre of the resort should the walk not appeal.

To answer some of the negative points that have been raised in other reports here, yes it was slightly windy, but then it would be, the Canary Islands are in the Atlantic Ocean!! However I found this breeze to be cooling and welcoming and meant that sunbathing was comfortable and I found that the wind was never a problem. Also, yes the tv channels available were predominantly Spanish, but then Lanzarote is part of Spain!! so they would be and besides there were two English channels available for if and when one wanted to watch tv.

In summary, I was more than impressed by the hotel and had a wonderful time their. Would I go their again? Definately, in fact I am in the process of booking a winter sun stay their and will also book for next summer.

Mums and Dads be warned-dont be fooled! Teguise means WIndy!

We read the reviews on the Beatriz and thougth "great, lets get booked". We had a really nice week in the hotel but there were afew factors that we really would like to point out especially to families.First of all, we are a 30something couple with a 1 year old daughter, and there were'nt many people of our age at the hotel, this wasnt a problem at all but it did explain that the "great" reviews that we had read were written by people of a certain age. The food was excellent, Service fantastic, great staff extremeley friendly, polite and helpfull (our daughter made quite a mess at meal times) but it didnt matter at all. Rooms spacious and comfortable, pools lovely very well maintained.
The downsides?? Interior - extremeley tacky (think a 70's film set out of a James Bond movie)! Entertainment - Very poor! There really isnt anything to do in the evening except watch the really bad three piece band attempt to sing "Her name was Lola, she was a show girl.....! The Hotel is not near the beach, and with a pushchair it really is a good 20 minute walk (something that you dont really want to do every day with a 1 year old). There is nothing to do in Costa Teguise so either hire a car and see the island or expect to be in the hotel for most of the week. Do not be fooled, Teguise means Windy !!!! And my word is it windy! The hotel is pretty much on its own, no surrounding buildings or anything....and the wind seems to hit this hotel and do a complete circuit. No matter whereabouts you sunbathe at this hotel you will feel the wind, we saw so many people just give up and go inside due the wind. The Spa on the other hand is great. The therapists are really nice, treatments on offer galore and the jacuzzis ect are fantastic. Book in advance as it gets really busy. This really is a plus side to the hotel, great for relaxing and taking a break from being a busy mum.
On the whole we had a lovely holiday, it certainly isnt a five star hotel but I would say 3/4. If you just want to switch off and do nothing for a week (and we mean nothing) then great. If you're looking for a little bit of people wtaching and want a stylish hotel then this isnt for you. But everyone took to our little girl and that was the most important thing to us, she had a lovely time.

Nice hotel - shame about the wind!

After reading the reviews of the hotel we were very worried as there was a lot of criticism. Our aim for the holiday was to relax in the sun and eat nice food. On the whole the hotel didn't let us down. I liked the decor which was very over the top (waterfalls and lots of plants) and the spa was very relaxing and available at short notice. Our room was large and well equipped. It had a balcony overlooking the pool with views of the sea. The food at breakfast and dinner was varied and plentiful and, although the restaurant was usually full, we had no problem with having to wait or food being cold. The main problem for me was that, although the weather was generally dry and sunny, the wind made it quite uncomfortable to sit by the pool. This was made worse as none of the pools were heated and were absolutley freezing. As there is generally nothing else to do in Costa Teguise the days could be a bit boring. Therefore, although I liked this hotel a lot, its location and the wind (and I'm not exaggerating!) would put me off going again.

Wonderful stay at the Breatriz

by TripAdvisor Member ConnorL

Thanks to previous reviews on Trip Advisor we booked this hotel and were very pleased! Our biggest surprise was the fantastic food variety at the restaurant. We tried other restaurants on Teguise, and even though we did not purchase half board, we ended having dinner at the hotel 3 out of 5 nights and they did a wonderful job of having a varied buffet. You could even choose your own steak, fish or chicken to be grilled for you. Besides lots of salads, the salad bar included 'ceviche' one eve, and a pretty good variety of seafood dishes the other nights. The staff were very nice to children, and before the night show, they let the children dance and play on stage. My teenager loved being part of the show one evening, and was treated always very nicely everywhere in the hotel. We rented a car and were very interested in visiting the caves and seeing the fantastic landscape of the island. There is quite a bit to see in Lanzarote if you enjoy volcanic sites. Driving around is not hard, but I don't recommend driving at night, since there are not street lights outside the main spots. I almost forget to mention it seems all the rooms have a great view of the pool and part of the ocean, with a balcony. This hotel is quite inexpensive for what they offer. We met 2 families that had booked elsewhere in the island, and had to leave the other hotel 'cos it was not clean. They were also delighted with the Beatriz. I would deffinitely recommend this hotel.

Just AWFUL!

Hi there,

Where do I start?..... My husband and I have just returned home (4 days early, might I add!) from Hotel Beatrize. Hotel Beatrize looked very impressive on first arrival, with a large marble reception, and very nicely decorated. The staff were very helpful when checking in etc, and everything seemed to be fine!

On arrival on our floor, I couldnt help but notice how dirty the carpet was. Stains and crumbs all over it. It was a little disapointing when we saw our room, again- a really dirty carpet, little holes in the curtains, and a disgusting smell in the bathroom.
The view was lovely though, a beautiful looking pool which we couldnt wait to jump into. Unfortuatly this was not possible as it was absolulty FREEZING!!

I have noticed that some people have complained about the windy weather, (I find this slighty amusing as surely this is not the hotel's fault) Yes, it was windy there, but to be honest we found it quite pleasent.

The food was very boring, the same type of thing EVERY day!, I am a vegetarian and had plain spaghetti with a tomato sauce for 5 nights on the trott, my husband who is a big meat eater also had problems with the food, there just wasn't enough choice.

The waiter/tresses, were so keen for you to finish your meal that by by the time we sat down with our dessert the table had been stripped-drinks taken, everything! (This happpend about 3 or 4 times)
I think lunch time was the most difficault for me, they had a beach bar next to the pool, which offered things like burger, spaghetti bolognaise, chips or meatballs. I ended up having a side roll for lunch every day!

The enterainment was something else!!! We are in our late 20's, and were looking forward to sitting down stairs after dinner for a couple of hours. We found it umbearable, two nights were our absolutle limit, unfortunatly though there was NOTHING else to do, the hotel sits on its own, and the television in our room had one English channel to watch.

(I have to mention the huge rat that ran out in front of us during one evening's enterainment, all the women screemed but the staff didnt seem bothered at all)

Someone was broken into on the 5th floor, everything was taken. Passports, jewellry, money etc, but apparently the staff were not helpful at all.

All in all, we found Hotel Beatrize a boring, dirty, depressing hotel that we couldnt wait to leave. Which is why we payed £400 for two flights to go home early, it was terrible! I would like to add that myself and my husband are not complianers, and are very laid back people. There are lots of other little things, but I would be here all day!

I wouldnt reccomend this hotel to anyone under the age of 50.

We are so pleased to be home!!

Michelle

thought we would never get out of this place

by TripAdvisor Member charly45

we stayed at this hotel on a half board basis, we had one meal there and that was enough we couldnt even stomach breakfast there the food was so awful and i was so ill after eating there the one and only night, grubby rooms and bathrooms, rude staff one member of the bar staff made a big deal when i asked him for more ice!!! we were praying for our last day we were kicked out our room at 11 and was told no courtesy room was available and to change in the indoor pool changing rooms, which were filthy and foul smelling our flight was not until midnight and our room remained idle!!!!!!

Well worth what we paid

by TripAdvisor Member Candice31

My partner and I stayed here for two weeks last month. I booked online three days before we went. The package we got for our holiday was "allocation on arrival", which meant we did not know which resort or hotel we were staying in until we arrived at the airport!! Bit of a chance but it worked out for the better. We were greeted by very nice reception staff and our luggage brought to the room for us.I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room as it was very spacious, immaculately clean and had a lovely view from the balcony.
The standard of accomodation was much superior to what I would expect for the usual sun holiday accomodation. We had continous TV access if required which did not require throwing money in to, a minibar and the towels were changed daily and beds made also. I would consider this the second best hotel that I have stayed in during all my travels abroad. Tunisian hotels being no.1.

Restaurant was buffet style with a vast choice of salads,hot dishes,desserts, something for everybody.They also had theme nights, i.e Mexican,Italian,Canarian etc. I found the food to be really good.Restaurant staff were lovely also and worked hard to keep their guests happy. If you came out of the restaurant hungry or did not like the choices of food available, then you really should stay at home. On comparison to what the local restaurants were serving as we sampled them one night, we chose and preffered to eat at the hotel.
Pool area was very well maintained with a choice of a hot or a cold pool, a separate pool was available for children and also an outdoor jacuzzi. There were always sunloungers available and the pool area was not overcrowded. Weather was lovely with a nice breeze which was needed as it did get very hot especially in the late afternoon,evening. We paid a 15 euro deposit for towels which we received a ticket for daily. Every day we got a clean towel from the lifeguard. At the end of the holiday we got the 15 euro back as it was only to guarantee return of the towels.

All in all a bargain holiday. Yes, the hotel was bit out of the way but they have a free bus facility for guests every hour which runs to the beach and local shopping area. Costa teguise is a quiet resort overall, with the exception of a few tacky english bars which can be avoided. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday then this hotel provides what you need. We used the hotel roman spa every second day which was free for guests. It was really lovely. I could not find fault here. I read a review from someone who complained about the wind, they should have contacted Lanzarote's weather headquarters before leaving home. How sad some people are!!!

very clean and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member kendy

Having just returned from this hotel, I have to say I was pleased because a few of the reviews had made me worried. We were there in a party of six adults, three in wheelchairs. We were checked into our spacious clean rooms straight away no hassle. We had ground floor rooms to make easy access for the chairs, ramps are everywhere in the hotel so no problems there.The restaurant is very spacious and clean with plenty of choice, should find something for everyone. The waiters were very helpful with us. The pool area is lovely never overcrowded, only drawback we found was the pool bar closed at 5 p.m everyday, lots of people were only just coming to sit out then. There is a breeze most of the time, but you are very grateful of it, it does get very hot. We didnt use the bus that the hotel puts on but it did look pretty regular. The walk to the shops and bars is not bad if you dont have any walking difficulties, about 10 minutes, roads are very quiet.
A quiet resort, but I think that could change in a few years. We had taxis to the market on Sunday, cost about 35-40 euros return.

The centre of TeguiseThe centre of Teguise