Hotel Oasis de Lanzarote

Hotel Be Live Lanzarote Resort
Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Occidental Oasis and its surroundings

I have recently returned from a holiday at the Occidental Oasis,If only you could pick up the hotel and move it about a mile down the road,to one side you have a lovely view (not) of the desalanation plant,on the other side a building site,started but now looks like the've just left it ,barely started but not very plesent to look at.
    The cove is nothing but a pile of volcanic rock with a small corner with sand,probably smaller than your back garden,this is reached through a subway covered in grafiti.
    The Hotel itself was very nice with the exception of the bath which was old and rusty.
    The food was o.k but a bit repetitive
    The entertainment was good but the hotel is so far from anywhere you would nead a taxi to go elswhere.
    Overall we liked the hotel but not the location,we went to Costa Teguise about a mile down the coast and that was very nice.
    I hate to be negative with this review but I wish I knew these things before i booked my holiday.

More about OCCIDENTAL ALLEGRO OASIS

Fantastic Hotel adive for room requests

We have just returned from a week at the Occidental Allegro Oasis and had a wonderful time. The staff were very courteous, the food was varied and choice excellent, something available at each setting for all tastes, One meal per stay at their restaurants Grill or Itallian was included and this was excellent (we went to the Grill), the pools were immacualte, cleaning took place at 2 am and again at 7am. View was impeded by the desalination plant but not really a problem that is particular to this hotel as it is visible wherever you stay in Costa Teguise but can be avoided if you request rooms 120 - 130, 220-230, 320-330, 420-430, 520-530, if staying for 2 weeks suite 504 seems good.
Some rooms were suites, friends had 2217 and it was brilliant, had a lounge and seperate bedroom if you get allocated room 701 as we were, ask for a move as on ground floor next to building site (no activity noted) but drain smell quite potent. When I asked to be moved the staff were wonderful we went out for the morning and the move was done for us. Entertainment was fair, one night was the resident entertainment team, it is mainly geared for their spanish guests and another was a Kareoke night, I have never seen the room empty so quickly, but aside from this we still had a wonderful time and I would return to this hotel with no hestation.

nice hotel shame about the power station next door

My wife and our 3 children had a great week at the Oasis(whether could have been a bit better).
We checked in to our rooms which were interconnecting as we had asked we were informed we had a sea view which was great.
The only problem with the sea view was that you had to ignore the very large water purifcation plant that is next door but one to the hotel (the but one is a building site).
Still at least the water in the hotel is very clean.
Apart from this the hotel was excellent.

Not the Hotel it once was...

Myself and my girlfriend have just returned from a week "all inclusive" deal. We booked last minute and were given a "family room" in the annex. Whilst there is nothing wrong with this accomodation it just isnt the 4 Star you might expect. Definately do not stay in there if you are a couple, although we're sure it would be fine for a family as there was a great pool out the back.

We were quickly moved to a double room (after rasing our concerns) in the main buliding and this felt more appropriate. I had stayed in this hotel 5 years ago before the all inclusive set up. It has gone downhill since then, showing signs of age and alot of the extra detail and service that made it 4 star have gone. The whole place is long overdue a re-fit (stained carpets and tatty furniture) but is nicely laid out and comfortable. It really is the finishing touches that are missing, although if you dont know how it used to be you probably may not notice?

The food was overwhelming in quantity and was in the main, very good. Our only complaints here, were it was rarely hot and there seemed to be alot of hanging around for a table and the self service made it feel more like a canteen than a 4 star restaurant. It was busy and it didnt make for a pleasant dining experience. Book the 2 other restaurants as soon as you get there as it will break up the week. They are very good and are a stark contrast from the busy and noisy buffet.

The reception is fantastic and the service desk is great, always looking to help. The pool area is superb but there could be more space between the loungers as it felt a little "cosy" sometimes. The pools are cold but you get used to it and when the sun is shining its fine. Plenty of drinks and snacks all day.

The lobby and entertainment are excellent with fast bar service and great drink choice. Very professional and the varied acts made for a great "sit back and watch" evening - unless you attend the Karaoke evening and get up as my drunk girlfriend did!

As for the beach. I can vouch for the fact it was once there and for some strange reason has turned into a rocky cove? This should be pointed out in the new brochures but isnt? If you want beaches this isnt the hotel for you.

In summary, this hotel is adequate but no more for the cost. It is definately not 4 star plus, as described in most brochures. If it were re-fitted and the true 4 star touches put back it could be the best on the Island. I personally, would not go back as it is, but if you can find a good deal its not bad value. It would seem that families love this place as it caters very well during the day and night to keep everyone happy.

We hope this helps.

Best holiday ever

Fantasic hotel, loads to do and brilliant evening entertainment, great food and really friendly staff, weather wasnt great but as far as the occidental is concerned 10/10 couldnt have been better.

such a great holiday

Such a great holiday we have had in this hotel on an all inclusive for the first time. Myself husband and two girls 10 and 5 really enjoyed an excellent.
On arrival we were allocated a room in the family blook although the room was of great size we felt a little out of the way. We left our luggage in and proceded for some lunch I asked if itwas possible to be moved to the main building the staff were so helpful saying it was not a problem but not till the folling morning. The next morning a porter arrived early took charge of our luggage and we were settled in a great suite on the 2nd floor with a pool view. Food was plentiful with a choice to suite all although by the end of the week you new what to expect. Plenty of day time activities keeping the whole family happy. The shows the week we were there were excellent an added bonus being free drinks and ice-cream for the children. As this was our first time on an all inculsive it will be very hard to better this.
Rooms were very clean, linen changed everyday, mini fridge was always toppped up with water and plenty of hot water for the shower.

Great Hotel

I stayed at this hotel in 2002 before it went all inclusive and decided to return this year. I thought it may have gone downhill a little but if anything it has improved, the food has improved and the staff were great. The rooms are spacious, clean and the bed was huge!
I would return again the only down side this time was the weather was not too good.....I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

lock up your possesions

On reading other reviews we really didnt know what we had let ourselves in for,In actual fact it wasnt that bad, when e arrived we has a little wait and were then shown to our room which was situated in a ajoining building it was called a family room as we had 3 children, It certainatly wasnt four star,Ihave stopped in many hotels of less rating which were much better but the last straw was the brown cold water so we asked too be moved as it was only a couple off days into our hoilday off two weeks this was done with no problem and the room was great and the bed was hugh the only problem was that one night i had water coming from my bathroom light,But no harm done.The hoilday on the whole was good food was nice ,staff where friendly and it was very good for children who which said it was their best hoilday they have had which is what counts But .......after a week me and are friends noticed that are purfume was being stolen so make sure its locked up when your out as the maids are a little light fingered this was reported, But dont feel let down if you have already booked because we had a good hoilday and as it is what you make it yourself and we did enjoy it.

I will return

by TripAdvisor Member Ritter

I have stayed at this hotel on two previous occasions.

The first time was on a half-board basis and the second time when it was all inclusive. It is much better value for money as an all inclusive place.

The food there in the main buffet style restaurant is not haute cuisine but it is fine and there is usually a wide choice of meals. There are two other restaurants in the hotel and for each week you stay you can have one visit to each for an evening meal. The food in these restaurants is much better. Make sure you book early...when I say early I mean on your first day there.

The hotel rooms are very comfortable and good quality. They are big. The beds are large and comfortable with linen changed daily. The room is cleaned each day. The mini bar well stocked. The bathroom clean and smart looking. The air-con works very well.

The hotel corridors I think need to be updated. The carpets could do with replacement and the walls re-decorated.

The bar and lounge area are fine. The evening entertainment here is good. Very good judging by the re-actions of even the most sullen teenagers.

Outside there are two sea water pools that take your breath away on first dip of the toe but once you're in it's great. And from time to time there is organised entertainment in the pool too. Volley ball. Water polo. Aerobics. That type of thing.

Still outside...there is music playing most of the time over the speaker system around the place. It's not deafening by any means but if you don't like that sort of thing then beware. I mention music because it reminded me that on the two occasions I have been to this place there is a once weekly fashion show (to tempt you to buy the colourful clothes being modelled). The music was turned up loud for this...it woke me up!

There is a poolside bar and buffet during the day. It's a burgers and sausages and chips and salad type buffet but if you want better than this you can eat inside but the hotel prefers you to be suitably dressed for their restaurant. In other words no wringing wet swimming cossies (or dry ones come to think of it).

Good things about this place: Good value for money; large bedrooms; entertainment; friendly staff; the bar; the two additional restaurants; the summer weather.

Not so good things about this place: queues for the restaurant at busy times; the buffet areas need to be better staffed; floors in the buffet areas need to be more quickly cleaned; the bar is a smoking area; the occasional power cut (no air-con hurts).

This hotel is rated 4-star but in my view I would call it a good quality 3-star place.

Absolutely fantastic

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from one week at the Occidental, and had an absolutely fantastic time. In fact, I cannot fault the hotel at all. The staff are excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was superb, extremely spacious, with a carpet and a very big bathroom. The standards of cleanliness are exceptional. I can honestly that I did not get bored of the food, there is a massive choice, all of which is fresh and plentiful. I am not very adventurous, but there was so much choice that I always had more than enough to eat. The hotel grounds are immaculate, with a great swimming pool and sun lounge area. One tip, don't bother paying for coach transfers from the airport, the taxi journey shouldn't cost you much more than 12 euros. All in all, a fabulous hotel!

Comments