c/ Santa Isabel, 3, Toledo, Castile-La Mancha, 45001, Spain

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Toledo

BrownieBrownie

Cordoba, SpainCordoba, Spain

An age old settlementAn age old settlement

AlcazarAlcazar

map of bus routes in Toledo?

by FunLovinTourist

Does anyone know if there is a map of bus routes or bus stops available? I found the bus website (www.unauto.es) but it is difficult for a non-local to figure out where the stops are. Many thanks in advance.

by tma1

why do you need a bus in Toledo? the bus is not necessary except if you want to travel around the city.

by rexvaughan

I also wonder about the need for a bus. We were there for 3 days, saw a ton of things and never got on a bus at all. It is a very walkable city. There is a tram that leaves from the main square (Zodocover) which travels the perimeter of the city with some great views. I recommend this highly. There are lots of buses that stop at Zodocover - it seems to be the focal point of service and I am sure you can get info there if you do in fact need a bus. This is a truly delightful as well as historic little city and walking will enhance your experience of it unless you have some physical limitations that prevent it.

by SPW

Hi Rex,
My partner has 2 hip replacements, one of which is near the end of its shelf life. We would prefer to use a bus as far as possible to get around.
If we arrive by train, do you know if there is a bus from the station to the square you mentioned, where we can catch the tram, and perhaps other buses?
Many thanks,
Sue

by rexvaughan

Hello Sue. Yes there is bus service from the train station to the main plaza (Zodocover) and it is there that you can catch the tram which circumnavigates the city. Zodocover is the main hub of the city and lots of buses stop there. I said we didn't take a bus, but I do recall one time we wanted to go to a square some ways away and weren't feeling energetic so found a bus that took us there. I just looked at the posted schedules there and was able to find where we wanted to go. We actually took a taxi from the train station to our hotel and the cost was only about 5 euros. If you are staying overnight the taxi to your hotel would be worth it to avoid baggage handling, etc. I hope you two enjoy Toledo. I think it is one of the most enjoyable little cities anywhere. There is a nice bar/restaurant (Bar Toledo) right on Zodocover that is great for a drink and people watching.

by FunLovinTourist

I don't necessarily need a bus, but in reading the Rick Steves book, he recommends picking up a bus from the southwestern Jewish area back to Zocodover after a long day of walking around the city. His description makes it sound as every street in Toledo is going up a very steep hill. I appreciate all of your responses.

by rexvaughan

There are indeed a lot of hills in Toledo and the idea of catching the bus back to Zodocover is a good one. You should have no trouble finding one as the city is not large but has a lot of buses.

by SPW

Thanks for your help, Rex.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is a little less able!
I've added your information to my travel folder and liook forward to visiting Toledo in September.
Cheers,
Sue

Travel Tips for Toledo

Nightlife

by Cammel11

If you are looking for nightlife this city is not it. I did enjoy a few great bars while there, but not suggested for those of you looking for the party =). Don't get me wrong, I loved Toledo. It does have great and amazing cultural sites!!

A Walled City

by acemj

I felt like I had stepped back into the Middle Ages while walking through Toledo's labyrinth of twisting streets. The Medieval feel is further enhanced by the ancient Roman wall that lends an air of solidity to the place.

Wander...

by unaS

One of the beauties of Toledo is the combination of the old and the modern. Take the time to just walk and wander the streets for a fascinating experience.

The people are friendly and happy to help if you need directions, but you can't really go wrong.
Toledo is built on a hill, so if you just go downhill from anywhere you will end up at the city wall and can then walk around to one of the gates.

Juderia

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Iglesia de Santo Tome and the house-museum are in the Jewish district (Juderia). The architecture of the temple does not represent big interest. The separate entrance conducts in a chapel where ashes of Ruis de Toledo - the seigneur of the Orgas city who died in 1323. 250 years later El Greco wrote on request of priests of this church the well-known picture. Many critics consider it as the best product of the great artist.

Something more for the boys

by lizzie1715 about Armour

There are some fantastic examples of medievil armour in just about every souvenir shop in Toledo. They range in price , the average probably being around $2000. If this is too steep, then individual pieces of armor are sold seperately eg helmet, gloves, which can start you on the road to becoming a modern day knight. Wonderful displays of shields as well.

Comments