Hotel Silken Cigarral El Bosque

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Toledo

Casa AndaqueCasa Andaque

Toledo drain coverToledo drain cover

Sunset over ToledoSunset over Toledo

Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes, Toledo 1998Monasterio de San Juan de los Reyes, Toledo 1998

Looking to buy earrings - I lost one (:

by Jobythebay

Hi, We spent a day in Toledo during our recent trip to Spain. I bought a Damasqinado pendant and earrings. I lost one of the earrings last night. I have looked online and there is not much in the way of being able to buy. These have what appear to be Jewish stars on them - not birds. Any idea how I could replace these? I didn't pay a lot so it isn't the money but the memory. Thanks, Jo

by Odinnthor

Since we don't know where you are from, a generic answer will have to suffice, but any local gold or silversmith should be able to replicate the one you have left. - Well perhaps not. After realising that "Damasqinado" is the Spanish word for Damascene, it may be difficult.

I found this strangely enough at the bottom of a Damascene wiki page. No idea really if it will help. The one from damascene in Eibar (Basque country), just may be of some help.

Good luck....

by Belsaita

Hi!

I'm afraid the "damasquinado de Toledo" is a very local technique (the Eibar's type may have the same origin, but is not the same!!). In case the earrings were authentic handmade, probably the only way to get one identical is at the same shop..... Even this will be difficult, you may find similar earrings, but maybe not the same. It's something so local that's very difficult to find anywhere out of Toledo, and I doubt the small shops sell online.

Maybe contacting the local tourist authority?

by Odinnthor

Yeah, I was afraid of that.....d:o/

by Belsaita

Jo must plan another trip to Toledo... :)

I have to plan another trip to Petra since I lost the bracelet I bought there.... 20 years ago. Someday I will ;))

by Jobythebay

Thanks everyone. My best bet is eBay. I can see that I really can't find an online store that sells the ones I want. I did find one place but they had birds on them. If anyone has a store in Toledo, you might make a killing selling items online:)

Off to bid on the earrings now. Jo

Travel Tips for Toledo

General Info

by Redang

Tourism Office

* Patronato Municipal de Turismo de Toledo
Plaza del Ayuntaniento
(in front of the Cathedral)
45071 Toledo

- Tel.: (+34) 925 25 40 30
- Fax: (+34) 925 25 59 46

- Internet: www.toledoweb.org
- E mail: infoturismo@ayto-toledo.org

* Calle de La Sillería, 14
(very close to Plaza de Zocodover)

- Tel.: (+34) 925 22 03 00

- Internet: www.castillalamancha.es
- E mail: turismo@castillalamancha.es

Interesting Architectural Influences

by acemj

The Romans, Visigoths and Moors all left their marks on Toledo and you'll see this in the architecture around you. Arched doorways, a maze-like street plan, symmetrical structures and Renaissance art make the city intriguing for architecture buffs.

Art shops

by pepples46

and Galleries are in abundance in Toledo and a good place to take a breather in a cool place
Toledo has been since medieval times the most importand place for the craftsmanship of armaries, though I a not a friend of, still could appreciate the fine, handcrafted pieces.
handcrafted Pottery is more to y taste and should not be missed when in Toledo...make space for a piece in your Luggage

Toledo and El Greco

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Toledo is famous not only because of its brilliant history and architecture, but also art treasures. The main riches - paintings by El Greco. The most well-known masterpiece is "The burial of Column Orgas". The master embodied at the painting also himself with the son. It is kept in Iglesia de Santo Tome. Many works are collected in the museum Santa Cruz (the Sacred Cross), in Monasterio de Santo Domingo El Antigua. There are canvases in the house-museum of the artist - Casa Museo de El Greco.

the art of sword making

by pepples46

that's Toledo. and in the last 5 years all sword movies Hollywood has produced, where from Toledo.
amongst them.. Frodos Sword, from The Lord of the Rings.
I did not know that till I've seen a Docu about Toledo and its Craftmanship at the tele ...Swords, Knifes and the whole Armour, wonderful localy crafted, trademark of Toledo.
though this shopping tip could be a tourist trap as well. lot of cheap stuff on the market, in the shops, be aware of what you buy!!

Comments