Hotel Luna Park

Expedia.com Booking.com Agoda.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 69% more and rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Hotel Luna Park

not as bad as other reviews would have you believe

by TripAdvisor Member n0rthernlady

Luna Park El Arenal Mallorca, a good basic hotel ideal as a touring base. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean but basic. Bathroom was good. Not enough sunbeds in the pool area for the number of guests and the entertainment programme was pretty much non existent but would recommend as it is good value for money. Word of caution the hotel is at the top of a steep hill and the are steps down to the dining room and to the pool. Not many British visitors in the hotel mainly German and Dutch. No problems with left luggage they have a luggage room if you are flying later in the day.

OK hotel with all inclusive

by TripAdvisor Member MatsLi

Luna Park is a good basic hotel. Food is OK, but SAME lunch and dinner every day: Pasta, chips and some fish and meat. It taste the same. And the coffe is no good, more like a creeme. But it´s free and very easy, especially if you have kids. Not enough sunbeds in the pool area for the number of guests. But, it´s pretty close to the beach (5 minutes walking)

There were a lot of german people on the hotel (me and my wife are from Sweden). Good or bad, I don´t know. I can´t speak germany though.

Free drinks, wine and beer is OK. They don´t make any special drinks, only gin and tonic, rom and cola, vodka and juice etc. Don´t even try the whiskey, it does not taste good.

The staff were helpfully and very nice, except for one woman who worked daytime in the bar (Tropical Hotel). She did not say so much, and looked bored. But I can not claim her. Serve drinks all day to people who does not give any tip... I gave 1-2 euro several times and they were happy :-)

I think Luna Park Hotel is one of the hotel with best prices. Related to the price it is OK. It is perfect as a base, where from you can make your day trips or what you have on schedule. Staying on hotel area all days are boring. There are a lot of people who are sitting and get rahter drunk. I don´t like to see that.

looney park hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jcairney

just got back from a weeks holiday in luna park hotel, firstly we arrived at 7.30am and rooms werent ready we were given our wristbands so we could get breakfast, breakfast consists of scrambled egg or boiled eggs, beans, either sausages or bacon which are never hot, there are lovely fresh croissants every morning (thank god cause thats what kept us going) there are also different kind of cereal but the milk is warm. You have to queue for the doors to open for the pool every morning at 9 which is a must as there arent enough sunbed for everybody, and the sun doesnt get right round the pool till early lunchtime, the pool bar serves drinks and food, pizza, hot dogs, burgers and chips and toastie they werent too bad but u only get one per person so if u have kids u need to go up and down and u only get 2 drinks per person, all people who work behind the bar with the exception of one young man arent very pleasant, u feel as if you are a burden to them.

The hotel is full of germans and i dont care what people say they are very arrogant they skip you in the queue for the sunbeds and just think they are a superior race to us. lunch is served between 1-2.30pm, lunch is usually the same as dinner which is served between 7-9.30 and consists of soup, pasta, meat of some sort it varied from turkey to liver or german sausages, fish chips and salad everything that should be hot is cold and everything that should be cold is hot, there r sweets available and fresh fruit, we had to eat out so we could get a hot tasty dinner cause everyhthing tastes the same. As for the bar at night its advertised as air-conditioned well its not u cant bare the heat in the bar there are always massive queues and remeber its only 2 drinks per person.

during our stay there were 7 break-ins in 2 days and as far as the hotel was concerned it was nothing to do with them which is shocking they, wouldnt even call the police for the unfortunate people, there were no signs of a break in so who knows how they got in!!!!!!

there was also a woman who lived on the street coming in to the pool area every day for a swim and shower helping herself to peoples left-overs on the table and asking people for cigarettes, when people complained they were told by hotel staff that there is nothing they can do.

As for noise i was quiet lucky i didnt hear a lot but other guests staying with children said they had terrible nights with people shouting screaming and fighting, 1 couple also got there door booted in while they were still in their room. People with kids also complained that there was nothing for them to do and were very bored. we booked in the friday as i said and our room wasnt ready whenthe folowing thursday came we went to our room after being by the pool all day to find a notice to contact reception when we did they said we should have been out our room for 11am, i argued my case and after half an hour they said ok go to your room, on my return to the room i got a phone call from reception (not a pleasant one i might add) saying we had ten minutes to pack and get ready,i said it was impossible for two people to get packed and ready in ten minutes and refused to leave my room and they threatened to call the police which i found quite amusing as they would call the police on me not getting out my room but they wouldnt call the police for the people who were robbed, it clearly stated on my confirmation letter that i departed the luna hotel on the 14th july. one thing i can say for the hotel is that is clean, but im afraid thats about it. I went with my friend, im 30 and shes 32 and we wouldnt dream of going back here although we did meet a few good friends that we had a good laugh about it with, HI TO EVERYBODY JOANNE AND HEATHER MET XX.

Felt like Doitchland

We booked this holiday as a last minute late deal and to be quite honest im not surprised it had lots of places left, although its not nearly as bad as everyone has written on here!

I will tell you about this hotel and destination in sections:

Rooms: Very basic but clean, tidy and the maids are great! Except for the bathroom door, a plastic thing. lol. Quite funny!

Entertainment: Leaves alot to be desired!!!! The bingo was quite fun but the hotel obviously cant afford to pay anyone from the outside to come in and perform as it was only ever in -house entertainment which was pretty bad! I was only there for a week but THREE times the entertainment was 'MUSIC/DISCO.' Meaning that you would sit there and listen to music!!! haha. Awful!

Food: WELL!Catered only for Germans as they make up 99% of the customers at this hotel! Chips were there every day but NEVER hot! There was never any change from chips, no potato's, mash nothing! Bit crap really. :o(
Salad was very nice though, until they began mixing the bean sprouts with celery! eugh!!
My boyfriend and i mostly skipped breakfast and got up and ate at the snack bar as this food is cooked freshly for you while you wait! HOT FOOD!YES! hehehehe. Only thing is, make sure you tell them to cook it WELL!!!! Otherwise it will 9 times of of 10 still be quite raw in the middle! eugh! HELLO FOOD POISENING! hehe
We ate out a few times and i would definately reccommend the two chinese restaurants just 10 mins walk away from the hotel, if that! Very cheap and the food is the best iv ever tasted! GREAT!!!

The pools seemed quite nice although we never went in them as i heard stories that there was lots of glass in them etc.

The day time activities were boring but i think overall a holiday is what you make it and we had a surprisingly good time. hehe. But we are both young and easy going so maybe this is why. :o)

Watch Out For The Street Gamblers Down On The Front Near The Beach! They Will Take Money Right Out Of Your Hands And You Have No Chance Of Getting It Back. Its All A Con And You Will Never Ever In A Million Years Win Anything If You Do This As They Are Tricksters And Mess Around With The Cups Etc!!!

The Sportsman pub is very nice and extremely friendly so go there. They have wicked food and you will always have a great time there! (Thank you for lending me your umbrella) haha. (only 5 mins away down the hill)
The beech is only a few mins away down a huge hill but is gorgeous! Loved it!
Overall i had a pretty good time but i feel as though Majorca is now run wholey by Germans which i found pretty intimidating!!! I probably wouldnt go back here in a hurry but had a good time nevertheless.
If anyone would like to contact me to ask any questions about this hotel or destination i am happy to help. My email address is v_tiffani@hotmail.com
Enjoy!!!

Not as bad as these other reviews make out

by TripAdvisor Member clairebear_7

Well after visting this site and reading this review after booking my hotel through a travel agent I was slightly concerned as to what I was going to. I was pleasantly surprised. Arrived early in the morning just after breakfast, our room was not ready but we were given our wristbands so we could get food and drinks and a luggage room was available for suitcases.

The room was nice and clean with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool, big and bright. Bathroom was ok too, the door was plastic but at the end of the day it didn't really matter.

Meals were average, if you like seafood, pasta and salds you are fine but even then you can get a bit bored of the same thing. At the end of the day you get waht you pay for. The alchoho is really good value for the money, if you ask for a vodka and coke you get a double double.

Entertainment was a bit cheesy but the people emplyed did the best of a bad job. People reluctant to take part but the quiz and bingo was good fun. Town is not too far away, it is down a steep hill. Found a nice pub, Hole in the Wall nice British pub and also the Sportsman if your missing your british beer and TV they show the soaps and footy. THe beach is nice as well.

The hotel is very much catered for the Germans but this seems to be widespread across Majorca not just the hotel. However. we never expereinced any loud music, noisiness etc and had a very peaceful and relaxing week - perhaps we struck lucky? Never went in the pool cos it was too cold but everybody else seemed to beok once they were in!

I would recommend it if your on a tight budget and don't want to sped too much, it is not as bad as everyone makes out!

Don't Go!

by TripAdvisor Member PJAE

Well, if you want an "18-30"s style holiday, then this is your place. The hotel is of "european language", if you like "noisey yobs"!BUT, DON'T count on getting more than 2 drinks at a time! (Not good if your fetching for a family of 3 or more!)
The food is somewhat lacking, salad is available always!
The reviews for this hotel, say "good for families!", i beg to differer....if you can servive on 3 hours sleep and still get up and enjoy your kids, then "hey", "go you!"
So, be warned....Now it's your choice........

What a [--] Hole

by TripAdvisor Member HOTLEGS04

Arrived on my own with two small children and was put in a terrible room totally unsafe with a balcony overlooking a brick wall. Went down to the bar after 30 mins finally got served to be told only two drinks per person which is stupid seeing as there were 3 of us. This rule after complaing serveral times is that the Germans dont take advantage of the all inclusive, fine for them but there are 3 of us. Met some English peolpe which was a huge releif as we did not stay in the hotel in the evening we ate out and went to Woodys bar which was an extension of the hotel for the English. Not enough sunbeds was setting alarm for 8.30 to race to put towlels on and beet the Germans. The staff we ok I asked to be moved rooms and in the end they agreed. I made the best of this holiday only by the people I met. the kids were not entertained in the day but the pool was enough.
I have spent money that I didnt want to only becuase the meals in the evening did not cater for vegeterians or children.
I would not go back in a million years as I felt it was totally unsafe for the kids and this is not me being a whinging person because I am not, I just expect a little bit more from a 3 star. It must be advertised in Germany as an 18.30 hotel as they were everywhere getting pissed and loud. DONT GO HERE ENGLISH PEOPLE!!!!!! Made some good friends though which made it!!

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member cbmufc

Well i've just returned from a 7 night stay at the hotel with my family and i don't know what all the fuss is about, yeah it's a little bit noisey at times but people like to have a bit of fun on holiday don't they !!

The food was good and the location great, our room was larger than average and very clean.

Would i go again?? Definately, it was cheap, clean and overall a great place for families.

better than expected and good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member divaSunderland

hotel was very clean food was better than expected for the money we payed there was 3 adults and 1 child we only payed £160 for 3 night four days all inclusive resort was clean lots of shops could take a bus to palma which took approx half an hour only down side was there was lots of young german guest who partied all hours of the night

Dont go!

by TripAdvisor Member GeorgieEngland

Wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone - young, old, middle aged, with or without children. Noisy and full of young louts who had no respect for anyone, not even people their own age.

Comments