Stil Salamanca

Booking.com Hotelsclick.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Salamanca

The university at middayThe university at midday

Calixto and Melibea's gardenCalixto and Melibea's garden

Plaza MayorPlaza Mayor

New Cathedral (Salamanca, Spain)New Cathedral (Salamanca, Spain)

Fuelling up between Santander and Salamanca

by Boras

Does anyone know if there are petrol stations on the (A-67/A-62) road down from Santander? I'm planning my route for later in the month and can't find details of petrol stations, service stations, etc.

by puerto_lover

If you look on the Spanish oil company REPSOL planner, they do show option for seeing the location of their filling stations etc.

by puerto_lover

Tordesillas is on the route and have stopped/overnighted a couple of times. Interesting place with small museum devoted to the signing of the treaty between Spain and Portugal that divided up the Americas.

by Boras

That's exactly what I was needing guys. Cheers.

Travel Tips for Salamanca

Bypassing the city

by solopes

It always makes me feel sorrow when I pass in Salamanca, going somewhere else - I only visited the city once, slept only one night, and left with the idea that I should come back with more time. No way!
I passed there a dozen times since then, but always with a few hours to arrive somewhere. No! Salamanca deserves to have another planned visit, and I will do it!

TAPAS!! Yum yum!

by silleh

Of course everyone (more or less...!) knows this fantastic Spanish invention, but don't miss the tapas when you're in Spain! At Plaza Mayor - on the first floor (unfortunately I don't know the name...) there's a fantastic tapas bar - and it's really authentic - me and my compagnions were some of the very few tourists. And I loved it! There was a LOT of noise - yelling and screaming and laughing - we were standing up eating our tapas just looking with teacup size eyes - great! :-)

Did I mention that the tapas were really tasty...?

Iglesia de San Marcos - architecture

by Mikebond

The inside of the church consists of a nave and two aisles and has three apses, but the main attractions are the paintings portraying various saints. Have a look at the old bas-relief of the coat of arms (fourth photo).

The Chinese Restaurant

by fairy_dust

There is a Chinese restaurant somewhere near the Plaza Mayor. We ate there once and we enjoyed it. It looked good on the inside and we liked the food. I can't remember the name of the place for the life of me though...

Universidad de Salamanca

by Redang

The Universidad de Salamanca (University of Salamanca) was founded in 1.218, gaining a reputation outside of Spain as a great cultural and teaching centre.

The University building has a square base, and the most famous is the façade, Plateresque style.

In the centre of the square, facing the main façade, the statue of Fray Luis de León (1.527-1.591), (last pic), famous Spanish lyric poet and an Augustinian canon, of the Spanish Golden Age.

Spanish poet of the 16th century.

Comments