Avenida Tibidado 1, Barcelona, 8022, Spain
Agoda.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Barcelona

plaça Vila de Madrid - roman burialsplaça Vila de Madrid - roman burials

THe winemakers quarterTHe winemakers quarter

The Gothic buildingThe Gothic building

Art Nouveau InteriorArt Nouveau Interior

Weather in September

Hi to all,

I am planning a trip to Barcelona mid to end of September. Can you please tell me what is the weather like at that time as I would like to pack as light as possible and this is usually a tricky time of the year.

I also just wanted to say thank you all for giving such great tips and advices making life easier for all of us enthusiastic travelers :o)

Regards

by clareabee

Hi we visited Barcelona last mid October and it was still really warm then - one day I had a sundress on! - it did rain one of the days and i would always say take an umbrella regardless of time of year just incase!

Maybe take a rainmac or something that could offer protection from a shower?

Should still be warm when you are going!

Cx

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Barcelona for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

UV level 4 = Moderate
Humidity = None
Sea temp 68f / 20c

by Belsaita

It is *usually* still quite warm
but as said above, no one knows!
It may rain as well, usually short spells (but again, who knows, weather is quite crazy here)
BTW, I guess you know you're visiting during La Mercé, the main city festival :)

by oxymoron

well as above. it varies. I've visited Barcelona every year in September for many years (violins playing in background, ha ha) and it is usually still quite hot/sometimes the odd storm, so...
Pack all the usual lightweight summer stuff with the addition of a sweater or two/rain jacket.
you will be ok. Where in the city are you staying btw?
La Merce?
I love it although it can be very crowded,
It's an experience!

by rhubenova

Thank you all! That makes my life/packing easier :o)
Mary, I am not sure yet what part of the city I will be staying in.

As for the La Merce, yeah I just found out a couple of days ago, luck I guess. Had no clue re the festival before but it sounds like fun and I am hoping it will be a great experience.

Thanks again

by rhubenova

Thank you all! That makes my life/packing easier :o)
Mary, I am not sure yet what part of the city I will be staying in.

Thanks again

by oxymoron

during la merce there is ALWAYS something good happening at the Arc de Triunfo
(last year there was world music, fab singers and an excellent belly dancer. Also there were food tents representing the countries doing the show.
ALSO - a wine and food festival takes place at the foot of the Ramblas near the statue of Columbus. TRY to experience it. Such a variety of wine makers Spanish/Catalan selling their produce, and same with the food. It's great.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

I actually can't quite...

by AliPatti

I actually can't quite remember when I was in Barcelona last time.... about 93 or 94? Anyway I'd been grape picking in France and had had a very arduous couple of months but had saved up enough to visit a good friend who lived in Barcelona. I caught the bus from Lyons which was a very long trip indeed!! Going over the mountains between countries was amazing - massive thunder and lightning I remember.
My fave thing about Barcelona was the architecture - completely bonkers. Gaudi park and the buildings he designed really stood out for me. I loved the laid back attitude of the city and the ease of walking.
Still want to revisit but have too many other places to go to first.

No shorts

by adburnaugh

I made the mistake of wearing shorts while in Barcelona and became the subject of many stares and weird looks. I am a girl and apparently there girls do not wear shorts, it is a dead giveaway that you are a tourist.

In summer

by Gili_S

If visiting during summer months, remember that it is intent to get hot and humid here, have light cloths and sandals that comfortable for walking as in such beautiful city you would probably walk a lot. Barcelona is full with beautiful architecture sites and in some cases a wide lens will be useful to catch the whole site into the frame.

Great area for walking around

by vivaBarca

I'm referring to the area of Tibidabo just north of Gracia, the residential area (not the amusement park). It's a really beautiful place to walk around on a nice day. Some of the most expensive houses in the city are located up here, and you can get a glimpse of them if you start at the base of the Tibidabao funicular and walk your way down the winding road. Eventually you end up in Gracia, which is also a beautiful, upscale area that is a bit off the tourist radar. It's also more commerical than Tibidabo, and has alot of really nice local shops.

For the shop lovers!

by Saldi

If you want cheap books, Cd's, DVD, Videogames, you have to go to FNAC, it's a big store where you can find everything, and is not expensive at all!. If you want to buy good souvenirs from barcelona, the tipical one is a good spanish fan, or a bottle of Sangría, or some condiments like "Azafrán"... chorizos and....oh!...whatever you want!.... just remember that Spain is in the European Union, so you have to pay with Euros (if you're not european or your country isn't in the union, always try to change a little amount of money in your country just in case of emergency, for example to take a taxi, or buy a phonecard)

Comments