AC Hotel Front Maritim

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo

Front Maritim ****

I stayed here for 10 nights in May 2008.
    The Aim of my visit to Barcelona was to explore the city and make several trips in Catalunya.

I almost satisfied with hotel.

"+"

Good location: in front of the sea, quite clear and quiet area
    10 min to metro by feet: Selva del Mar (Line 4). By metro you can get every point of the city.
    Some staff pretty friendly
    Free Internet and Wi-Fi on reception
    "-"

Not good room service ( in spite of tips!).
    Some staff quite unfriendly
    It's very noisy in the mornings, because there is the road in front of hotel

Directions: 10 minutes walk from metro station "Selva del Mar" to the sea down the Selva del Mar street.

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Nice place at seafront!!

I never stayed in this hotel,but I recommend it to you because is a good hotel and is located in a very nice new area of the city,and with nice views to the Forum and Seafront.

More about AC Hotel Front Maritim

Best Sleep Ever

Greetings,

I know it has taken me four years to write this, but better late than never!

I have stayed at plenty of hotels over the years and have to say that the stay I had be it briefly, at the Ac Front Maritim Hotel in Barcelona, to be one of the best in that the bedroom had a nice atmosphere and was very cosy, the bed the most comfortable I have ever slept in - don't know if it was the mattress or the doona.... And I still remember the pillows being nice and soft!! Would not hesitate going back.

Western Australia

Comfortable hotel but far from action

by TripAdvisor Member J0ely

I stayed in AC Front Maritim for 5 nights in April. I was there on business and needed to be close to the convention center which is about 10 minutes walking distance from this hotel. As a business hotel in Europe, I thought he hotel was just fine. English speaking helpful (for Spain) staff, front desk. Room was not big but quite comfortable with all the amenities you expect from a western hotel. The decor is modern and quite stylish (though it doesn't have much personality.) I paid $127 euros per night for double.

PROS:
-free bottled water (still and sparkling) from a refrig on the floor
-free internet (this was critical for me and it was no problem connection from day 1)
-proximity to the convention center (if important)
-soundproof windows (though it's on a quiet street)
-Friendly staff

CONS:
-if you are in Barcelona for sightseeing, this is the wrong place to stay. You are much better off staying near the city center near Plaza Cataluya. The nearest subway stop is 4 long blocks away and it's about 9 stops to the city center. Not a convenient location for sight seeing.

My stay was pleasant and this hotel is quite comfortable. I would recommend it. But if you in Barcelona for leisure, you can probably find a hotel in a more central location.

Bad place.

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights the 26th and 27th Februray with my friend.The rank it as a four star hotel but that's --------. I never understood why,it does not have a minibar in the room,it has a small desk and one chair,and the internet connection was really lousy.The room was tiny.The bathroom was quite okay,it had a nice cubicale (excuse the spelling).There is nothing else apart from the bad and the horrible Tv with very few channels.I stayed there and paid 70 euro for 2 persons with breakfast ,so for the price ,i could not complain,otherwise it is not worth paying more.They had no tissus in the bathroom,no body lotion,really nothing you have to bring everything yourself,and as for the breakfast,it was really choiceless.I loved the area since it is close to the beach,and with a shopping centre in the area.The subway is 10 minutes walk from the hotel and takes you to the centre in 15 minutes.I don't recommend this hotel,and next time i will stay in Rafael hoteles,a hotel close by,which is a much better choice.

Great hotel - a little bit of a trek into the city centre

by TripAdvisor Member John1972

I really love this hotel, the service was great and the rooms were big enough.

There is a fridge on each level that provides you with free mineral water.

Didn't bother with breakfast at the hotel €11 - went into the city on the metro (Selva de Mar - about 5-10 mins walk)

The only thing against the hotel is the distance to the metro - but the proximity to the beach would make up for this in the summer.

Barcelona is a great place and I would recommend this hotel.

Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Scubasun

We stayed here for two nights in May 2005 - paid £70 per night which I thought was excellent value. Although it is a little out of town it is right on the beach and I preferred the quiet. Taxi is around 6 euro into town. Great hotel for short city stay

Not a bad deal

by TripAdvisor Member PIno32

Good hotel, very close to the beach. not far from Port Olympia and 7 EUR by taxi into town. Freindly staff, efficient service, clean. You can get a good deal for this hotel via expedia, we paid £60 per night. Please note, this hotel is no longer owned by the AC Hotel chain and therefore certein freevies have now stopped!!

BEST FRONT MARITIM HOTEL

by jamma121

HI, HAS ANYBODY STAYED AT THIS HOTEL ? WOULD LIKE SOME FEEDBACK ON IT AND ITS SURROUNDINGS, STAYING FOR 4 NIGHTS IN AUG AND WOULD LIKE BIT OF INFO BEFORE I SET OFF PLEASE, THANKS

Comments