Rambla del Raval, 4C, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08001, Spain

Abba Rambla Hotel
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Very comfy and reasonably priced

Great service and facilities were excellent, staff were very helpful with directions and also offering to keep luggage after I checked out. Rooms were very comfy. Didn't try the food but coffee shop next to reception had good atmosphere.

Unique Quality: On Rambla da Raval which is going through major refurbishing. Was originally a red light district but now moving upmarket and only five minutes walk from Las Ramblas and nearest underground.

• largsmith's Profile Photo

Barcelona's Best Kept Hotel Secret

We stayed at the Abba Rambla Hotel. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable, and new. The bathrooms had every convenience. The location was in the midst of all the activity of the Rambla, yet the rooms were quiet at night. Better yet, the prices were quite reasonable. There were restuarants within 100 meters of the front door and stores nearby. I would definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: The staff was courteous and very helpful and spoke English very well.

• largsmith's Profile Photo

Barcelona's best-kept hotel secret

The Abba Rambla Hotel is excellent in every way. A fantastically helpful, multi-lingual front desk staff is augmented by a hard-working maid service. The rooms are well-insulated from noise from the plaza below (I didn't need my earplugs), yet they have windows that open to the plaza should you desire to hear and see the livliness of Barcelona. They serve breakfast and have a bar. The hotel is new and located at Rambla del Raval #4, Barcelona.
    The rooms have excellent beds (and pillows), in-room safes and mini-bars, and en-suite bathrooms that most women, including my wife, would kill for. I cannot list the superlatives I would heap on this hotel. Suffice it to say that I will never have to look for another hotel in Barcelona as long as the Abba Rambla Hotel is in business and maintains the qualities we enjoyed during our stay in September/October 2005. There is also many restauarants and bars within easy walking distance to the hotel, as well as cultural and historical sites to take in.

Unique Quality: Great staff, great staff, great staff..........
    The bathrooms, the beds, the location, did I mention the great staff?
    Near-by shopping (about 100 meters away) for that bottle of wine to enjoy bed-side.
    An internet cafe within 150 meters of the hotel that charges only 1 euro per hour of usage.
    Did I mention the great staff?

Directions: Las Ramblas area

More about Abba Rambla

by Matt&Carri

Has anyone heard anything about Abba Rambla? It is situated very near the La Ramblas section of Barcelona. Any help would be appreciated

RE: Abba Rambla

by eugene.uk

I do not know the Abba Rambla of Barcelona, but I have stayed in the Abba Fonseca of Salamanca and the Abba Eurhotel of Alicante and I would not hesitate to recommend either. The rooms were good sized, nicely decorated and absolutely spotless. The bathrooms were also good sized and well appointed. I would have thought the Abba Rambla of Barcelona should be of the same standard.

Good luck.

by Belsaita

Probably Eugene is right... I've been to Abba hotel in Burgos and it was perfect!

But about location.... where 'near las ramblas'? Is not the same being at right side (Gotic) than left (Raval... I like some places there, but I will not reccomend for a first time visitor)

by eugene.uk

I've just done a little bit of research and the hotel is on Rambla del Raval number 4. It seems to me quite a decent location. It's not like it's lost in the middle of Raval. Not sure what you think, Isa, after all you live in Barcelona and you surely know the area pretty well.

by Belsaita

Rambla del Raval was a kind of recent 'invention', all the buildings between 2 parallel streets were demolished to create a kind of avenue, and get at last some open space to the crowded Raval area. It worked pretty well in the improvement of the area. Now it's not the nicest part of Barcelona, but lively, plenty of small restaurants (most of them cheap kebab places, but a couple of trendy ones as well). Not dangerous (if you take care of yourself as elsewhere), but you can see pretty odd characters around... Take into account that there are still lots of hookers and junkies doing their business in the near streets.

I know the area and never had a problem there (as somebody said… but I’m a crazy local!). Use common sense, don't adventure into the narrow alleys (even probably nothing happen).
Enjoy Barcelona!
Isa

by largsmith

I, too, would like information on this hotel. I plan on staying in Barcelona in September. I had visitied once before and stayed at the Princess Sofia which was somewhat far away from the center of town. Thank you for the postings thus far. I will check back again.

Comments