C/ August Font 24, Barcelona, 08035, Spain

Booking.com eDreams

• riorich55's Profile Photo

A Place on Mount Tibadabo - Part 2

This is a continuation of a review on Anita's Bed and Breakfast.

We stayed here 4 nights and as mentioned we had the Big Room which was up about ten steps or so from street level and below the other 2 rooms upstairs. The owners live a little higher up in the property. On our floor you will be able to see from the pictures the breakfast and common area. There was a basket of some food in our room (cookies, snacks which were extra) and also just outside our room was the kitchen where we could store some of the food items we bought during the day. The rooms upstairs I believe had their own mini refrigerators.

The first 2 mornings we had breakfast with a couple from Scotland and a couple from the San Diego area. The next 2 mornings 2 other couples were upstairs who we did not meet. (We chose to have our breakfast about 9:00 a.m. on the first 3 mornings. We did not have breakfast on the last morning as we had to leave for the airport around 6:00 a.m.

Unique Quality: Now a few more particulars.

The bed and breakfast is in a residential neighborhood so it is quiet (except for maybe the occasional dog barking). There is a fan in the room and I think air conditioning (not sure), but on the nights we were there we were very comfortable with the large window which we kept open.

You had to step down a couple of steps to the room and then step up a couple of steps to the bathroom, and there was actually a single bed in addition to our bed so the room could sleep 3 people.

It is a little bit of a walk downhill to get to the metro (about 15 minutes - Penitents Stop), but there is a small local bus that runs from the morning until about 9:00 p.m. each night, so if you do get in early you won't have to make the trek back up to the B & B. Our first 2 nights we didn't get in until between 11:00 and Midnight so we had to make that long trek up hill. With breaks the first night we took 30 minutes. We were about 5 minutes quicker the next night. The last 2 nights we wised up and got back to the area where the bus picked up up right outside the metro.

The breakfast was average. Some meats, cheese, croissants, juices, cereals, bread and hot beverages. It would have been nice to have something homemade which would have added a little more to the experience.

There is no curfew and you will have 2 keys. One to get into the common area/breakfast room and the other to get into your room. Very safe neighborhood (may even be some wild pigs running around in a little wooded area down below (we saw some the first day and have video proof).

Overall a very nice quiet place to stay and I would recommend it for couples staying in Barcelona who want to get away a little bit from the hectic city life down below.

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Charming 3 Room Bed and Breakfast in the Hills

When booking hotels or bed and breakfasts for this trip I really didn't use VirtualTourist at all sorry. I checked more organized reviews on both TripAdvisor and Booking.com using the later more often because I could get a lot of current reviews and easily book and cancel if need be very easily.

For our trips I always have certain criteria that I'm looking at and this one had one additional requirement. WiFi Access. The other criteria for us is a private bathroom (sorry our shared days ended many years ago in college), hopefully a large enough shower head that I can fit under (shorter people just don't get this) and in Europe close to a metro or bus (usually not a problem in Europe).

So looking at the possibilities of Barcelona and reading probably about 2 dozen reviews I happened upon Anita's Bed and Breakfast which fit the criteria I was looking for. In addition it was far enough away from a lot of the big city noise and since this was the start of the last 1/3 of our vacation I thought it would be good to get away from the big city hustle and bustle at the end of the day.

Unique Quality: Anita's Bed and Breakfast is a 3 room establishment which has been around for about 6 seasons now according to Anita's daughter Ariadna who along with her mother Anita run the day to day operation. We booked online and I also arranged via email with Ariadna to pick us up at the airport (this is another option I'm very willing to pay extra for now that I've done it in Rome and Barcelona just for the convenience and less hassle with luggage). Our plane was 20 minutes early and Ariadna was waiting for us (she was holding the sign with my name upside down - wish I had my camera out). We took about a 20 minute ride to the B & B which is located partially up Mt. Tibadabo in a residential area with views of Barcelona spread out below.

The pictures I have here show you our room which was below the other 2 rooms. The 2 rooms above have a balcony and are about 5 Euros more per night, but from what I could see our "Big Room" (yes that is the name) was indeed the largest room of the 3.

Picture #1 - The Bed Area
    Picture #2 - Desk and TV
    Picture #3 - Bathroom
    Picture #4 - Large Wardrobe

As I will probably soon run out of space for this review and have some more pictures I will create another tip with a bit more information.

Comments