Apartaments Independencia

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Barcelona

Boqueria 4Boqueria 4

Father in a short break on the way to the hotelFather in a short break on the way to the hotel

Portal de l'àngelPortal de l'àngel

June 2008June 2008

Museu Frederic Mares is it free wed PM and from what time to what time?

I know it only T - sat 10 - 7PM 10 -3 Sunday
is it worth it to go inside?

by unaS

bookmark

that is sooooo helpful
First Sunday of the month
• Wednesday and Sundays afternoons (from 3pm)

by Belsaita

it is an interesting miscellaneous collection, but not what I'd say is a 'must see' when you have limited time in Barcelona.
However, if you happen to be at the area when it has free entrance, why not

by 9tigers

ty that is very helpful b/c like u said I have limit time, some of my friend said Barcelona is his favorite city in the world and he has been to a lot of places, he said and i quote "barcelona, u need a life time to enjoy"

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Barcelona History - continued

by Kuznetsov_Sergey

In 711-713 moors have grasped Pyrenees, Catalunia and Barcelona. In 801 francs have expelled moors from Barcelona and have created the buffer state between Andalusia and the Franc's state. Barcelona has received final independence in 988. Catalonia declared its independence with the capital in Barcelona. This year is celebrated as a year of the birth of Barcelona.

The Emporer's New Clothes

by karenincalifornia

Before I left for Spain, my co-worker, who used to live in Spain, told me "In Spain, anything goes." Boy, she was not kidding. When we were walking up Passieg Gracia in L'Eixample, right in the middle of the crowd coming from the opposite direction, was a man who was stark naked. Just walking down the street in the crowd, naked as a jay bird! The really funny thing was, no one seemed to give two hoots about it. A couple of people did double takes, but that was it. I don't think people would be so blase in the US.

There is something to be said about a culture that is so tolerant that one could walk down the street without a stitch of clothing on, and no one is going to jump him and handcuff him.

Now, having said all of this, I also have to say this guy was the only naked guy I saw in Spain (other than my husband), so please don't take away from this tip that half the country is walking around in their birthday suits. The vast majority of Spaniards do wear clothing.

A visit in March requires a jacket

by dlandt

You don't need a full fledged coat, but you will need something to keep warm. I didn''t find it very windy. This will change rapidly as you leave Barcelona and head inland where the elevation rises and the temperature drops. It snowed in Montserrat and was generally quite cold, both in the mountains outside Barcelona and in the Pyrenees, where they were still skiing.

Hospital de Sant Pau

by Lemonita

I have to say that this is the most hospital I have ever seen in my life ! Hospital de Sant Pau has been built around 600 years ago and yet is still fully operational as a hospital today.

After visiting Sagrada Familia and having lunch, we decided to walk around in the neighbourhoods and it lead us to this impressive structure. We found out on the map that it was a hospital ! We went inside for a quick tour because we thought that it might be an old hospital, not operational anymore, and to our surprise, it was still operating.

Hospital de Sant Pau is formed by different buildings. During our rapid visit, I felt uneasy, walking around with my camera and taking pictures of the architecture while people were going there to be treated for their sickness... I tried to be the most discreet possible !

Address : Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret

Passeig de Gracia

by Maggies about Combined Suggestions

Passeig de Gracia is not only famous for its modenist architecture but also for shopping. There are both Spanish (Adolfo Dominguez) and world famous designer stores on both sides of the street. There are also many jewellery shops, Ona Joia (on the corner of Valencia street) sells great contemporary jewellery.

Comments