Apsis 40

Hotel Acta BCN 40
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Barcelona

One of the housesOne of the houses

Museums can be tiringMuseums can be tiring

Funicular de MontjuicFunicular de Montjuic

artists presenting songsartists presenting songs

Decision about hotel

by etattar

My daughter and grandchildren (ages 11 and 14)and I will be in Barcelona for 3 days following a 5 night cruise on Liberty of the Seas in April. We have 3 reservations at hotels with family rooms and can't decide. They are all 3 about the same price (except one includes breakfast). They are Petit Palace Museum, Hotel Regina and Royal Ramblas. Can anyone help me decide which is the best. Thank you.

by Beausoleil

Until you get some answers here, you might want to check the hotels at http://www.tripadvisor.com

This web site is affiliated with Virtual Tourist and has many hotel reviews on it. I usually throw out the best and worst review of each hotel and try to get an idea of the average opinion.

Good luck.

by etattar

Thanks for your answer. I have been on trip advisor. Petit Palace and Regina get good and bad reviews, Royal Ramblas gets more good and just a few bad, but I thought if anyone knew I would try.

by Beausoleil

Did you do a hotel search here on VT? If not, type in the hotel name and then do a Keyword Search. There may be reviews here on Virtual Tourist. An alternative search would be to do a destination search for Barcelona and then look at hotel Tips.

Good luck.

by etattar

Thank you very much for your advice.

by virtual786

I lived in Barcelona for 5 years and visited there, this past July and again, last month. Personally, I'd stay far away from the Ramblas; just dreadful. While the Hotel Regina is probably the best of the 3 mentioned, I'd go back to the drawing board.

Thanks Virtual,

Where and what would you suggest? There are not that many hotels that have rooms that will accommodate 4 people and we will be there the Thursday before Easter and leaving on Easter.

Thanks for any suggestions.

by chipper99

Last year my wife and I stayed at the Regencia Colon and I would highly recomment it. Very friendly centrally located but also quiet at night and very friendly staff. It is just beside the cathedral. It was really well priced. We booked it through booking.com. We will definitely use it again. If you are travelling with young children I would avoid staying on Las Ramblas as it can be quite noisey, day and night. Whatever you decide, enjoy a great city.

Hi Chipper,

I have made a reservation at the Hotel Colon (which I think is right across the street from the Regencia Colon) and my daughter and grandchildren and I will get together soon to hash out the best location. Of course, the kids want it loud and noisy and modern, which is not what the Colon is, but we shall see. I have heard on other forums that the area where the Colon is located is really good.

Thanks for your input.

by chipper99

The Colon is a really nice hotel and a great location. It sits just in front of the Regencia Colon. I think they are under the same ownership. Plenty of good bars and restaurants around and right beside the original cathedral. We were over there last week and had a great meal in restaurant called Bar Ski, about a 5 minute walk around the corner from The Colon, on the main street. Large meal at very reasonable prices and friendly staff. Hope you all have a great time.

Chipper,

Thanks for your answer. I think we are getting closer to a decision and I think it will be the Hotel Colon.

Have a happy New Year.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Nou Camp & Onward Travel From Girona Airport

by doodybee

hi darryl

it has been suggested earlier that the derby game may be moved to the 19th - in which case you will not make it

there is a NOU CAMP tour for around 17euro ( i think) whether that allows you to see training etc or not i can't say

check out their website to see if you can get any info from there - hope you realise you have about an hours transfer form Girona into the centre of barcelona - there is a ryanair bus available -if you are not driving which drops you at the bus station - we were charged less than 7 euro for the taxi to the hotel which was oat the habour end of la ramblas.

if yo uget another chance to go to barcelona and if ita an option - go from Doncaster - its a mid afternoon flight out and an early afternoon flight back in
hope this helps some
enjoy barcelona - we did

Gaudi's Cathedral...

by CandS

Gaudi's Cathedral...this is the new section of the building though...

The cathedral is open September & March from 9 am to 7 pm; January & February and October to December 9 am to 6 pm; April to August 9 am to 8 pm.

Look up--an artististic world above you

by Misha_abq

Many of the old cobblestone streets of Spain have an enormous cache of art above the normal viewpoint. Little saint niches covered with glass were always at peculiar corners. A whole world of art and culture exists at ten feet, easily overlooked if you’re not aware of it. I think there could be a whole coffee table book with just the niches--fascinating.

Barcelonas Third Cathedral

by zizkov

Catedral Barrio Gotic, Sagrada Famiglia, Estadi Camp Nou. The third being the home of FC Barcelona. My visit coincided with a vital Champions League tie against Inter Milan, and the opportunity for Barca to set a new record of eleven consecutive Champions League wins. Unlike many clubs (including Inter, who have websales) it can be very difficult to obtain a ticket by any means, as there are more season ticket holders than seats, so there is very limited public sale (3000 out of around 97 000). I went to the stadium as kick off approached, hoping some "unofficial resellers" may have some last minute prices. After being offered tickets for 70 and 100 Euros, I obtained one for 40. As face value was 31, not too bad. However, only when I went to the outer gates, did I discover it was a ticket for the Inter section. And when I got to the turnstiles, the ones for the section were closed! I went to to the nearest open one. My ticket was scanned and a big red light came on. Uh oh. Luckily, the stewards opened a gate and waved me through. But where now? I have no seat. Descending to the sub concourse, I can see some feet. Ergo people are standing, so I will stand there too. When I climb the steps and emerge, I am only ten rows back from the pitch, goal end, level with the 18 yard line. Result! I should have been in the corner of the third tier. Missed first ten minutes and the first goal, but there are two more to come, all for Barca (Saviola, Cocu, Kluivert). Incredible to be there, with Barcelona, who had been dire in La Liga, really coming on to their game. Maybe next time I'll go to the Museum, but I left it this time, as I had seen the real thing.

Incredible Scenery at Montserrat

by vivaBarca

While I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone with only a few days in Barcelona, I'd say this is a must-do for anyone spending at least a week in the region. It's not that far away, and you can do it in half a day too. Basically, Montserrat is a monastery that is built into the side of a mountain. The best part, the mountain basically juts out of the earth in the middle of a flatland, so you see for miles and miles on a clear day. Also, if you get lucky you'll be able to literally walk through a cloud...it's damn fun!

Comments