Apsis Atrium Palace Hotel

Hotel Acta Atrium Palace
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Apsis Atrium Palace Hotel

Apsis Atrium Palace great!

We just got back from a visit to Barcelona May 11 and 12th-then we went on to drive up the coast through the Costa Brava into France. This hotel had a super location, friendly staff who helped us in English fluently, comfortable rooms. Our room was at the back so nice and quiet with a balcony. The breakfast was very nice though you could get something cheaper but on the day we left it suited us to have a nice buffet. We would definitely recommend it!

Recent stay at Barcelona (July 2004)

The bus service from the airport to Placa de Catalunya is excellent if you are staying at the Apsis Atrium Palace. Get off the bus in the square and head due north (I used a compass), cross a couple of busy roads, turn right and you will be there in 10 minutes. The fare was 3.75 Euros each, but beware of being ripped off by the driver, I was, my change was 10 Euros short!

The hotel is fine, good value for money, and in an excellent location for sightseeing, shopping and dining. We had a room without a view which was disappointing but our friends were given a 4th floor room with balcony. The room facilities and air conditioning were good.

We didn't use the hotel for breakfast. We took the advice of other reviewers and got an adequate breakfast in a local cafe for about 4 Euros each.

Don't go there...

by TripAdvisor Member nzzVGtTm

We recently stayed at the Atrium Palace. The temperature in our room was unbearably hot the whole duration of our stay. It was like a sauna, even with the windows wide open. We complained in writing but the management wasn't interested. The rooms have switched individual controls for heating or cooling but as they had disconnected the cooling/air conditioning, all one could do was make a hot room even hotter. As the Atrium Palace fronts onto a busy 6 lane highway we had to put up with the road noise, sirens & polution in an endeavour to get some relief. Most unpleasant - don't go there...

Absolutely perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Balabosha

Just got back from a 5 night stay at the Atrium Palace and was highly pleased. The hotel is very well located, the service is excellent, especially since I got very sick and never did get to see Barcelona, but the staff was extremely helpful. The rooms are very good. I had originally reserved a non smoking room but since they are on the 2nd floor, there would be a lot of noise from the street and the back rooms are smaller and no view. We were then given a 6th floor room facing the Gran Via. No noise could be heard from the heavy traffic below, the room was spacious, and the bathroom was very well appointed.

Really pleased!!

Just got back from Barcelona today after staying at tha Atrium Palace. I felt I needed to write a review, because Id previously read bad reviews and nearly cancelled my reservation.
I was first of all really impressed with the staff on reception...very polite and extremeley helpful. We were given a room on the first floor, no view apart from a brick wall, but that did not bother me at all. Im not staying in my room long enough to be bothered about that!! The room was just as Id seen on the net, modern , nice size and spotless. Would definately stay there again, fab location too. Perfect in my opinion, for a very reasonably priced hotel!

Ideal place to stay.....a great deal for a great location.

by TripAdvisor Member SmileySid

My hubby and I stayed at the Atrium Palace during our trip to Barcelona to celebrate our 10th Wedding anniversary (last week).
Having spent hours on the net and particularly this site, we booked this hotel and were very pleased with it. We booked last minute through the hotel's own site (about a week before travel) and got a great rate - 110 euros per night for 3 nights - exc. breakfast (15 euros pppn - too expensive!).
The general ambience of the hotel is quite elegant - although not oppulent and flashy.
Given our celebration I would have liked it to have been a bit more grand and flashy perhaps - however, for that I think that I would be looking at possibly triple the room rate.

The best aspects of this hotel were:
- its location - 5 mins from Place de Catalunya. We got the Aerobus from the airport (3.45 euros) and easily found the hotel. Its close to the BusTuristic stops and to the metro, 10 mins walk to Las Ramblas and 5 mins from the heart of all the shopping!
- the friendliness of the staff - very welcoming and helpful with storing our bags for late departure, maps etc.
The room cleanliness and facilities - free use of safe, free water and juices, ironing board in room, extra pillows, even another (quite funky glass) hand basin in the sitting area. (a/c was fine and the kids playground didn't bother us on the third floor). The cleanliness extended to all areas.

If we had any gripes it would be that the bed was very hard (and we are used to hard beds!) and the rooms are smaller than we expected having seen the pictures on the web sites. However given that we probably only spent 3 or 4 waking hours in the room during our whole trip, we didn't really need a great deal of room. In fact - we actually had a comp. bottle of Cava on the house for our celebration - and we didn't get a chance to have it - as we were not in the hotel for long enough! - They gave it to us to take home though!

Had read a recommendation on this site about the 9th Floor resturant/cafe at El Cortes Ingles and thought we must have been mad to be heading up there on our arrival when it was 35 degrees C outside. When we got there the view of the central square was fab - and the food was good too! - for the price.
Also a great restuarant on Placa Reial (just of Las Ramblas) - La Quinze Nits (in our AA guide). Three course plus coffee - for two - with drinks - 40 euros. - Excellent.
We thouroughly enjoyed our trip to Barcelona and would definitely recommend this hotel - especially for the price.

Great location but hot and noisy

by TripAdvisor Member Lorelei3

Great location near Catalunya Square and smarter Eixample area.Hotel spotless and staff most helpful.Very hot rooms, could not control temperature properly and noisy laminate flooring.Could hear music and noise from other rooms until early hours.Very hard beds !Avoid expensive breakfast, many local cafes do fresh croissant and coffee for 1.60

Forget the bad reviews

Stayed here for one week in middle of May 2004. All staff extremely friendly and courteous. We were advised that the hotel had been refurbished in the last 12 months and it showed. Everything was new and well maintained. The variety of food at breakfast was excellent and well presented. With regard to the noise complained of by previous guests, it was not a problem for us. Maybe because we were on the sixth floor we did not hear a great deal. But the children playing were not there every night and when they were it finished by 10.30 p.m. In any case, we could block out the noise by closing the double glazed window. The only criticism of the whole week was the scrambled egg was poor and there was no alternative e.g. fried egg. The hotel was very central for sightseeing. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Barcelona Train transport to Hotel

by sue23nike

How do I arrange for a car service or any transportaion from the train station to my hotel?

Re: Barcelona Train transport to Hotel

by Maurizioago

Where is your hotel located?

Barcelona is well served by buses and even by underground.

Re: Re: Barcelona Train transport to Hotel

by sue23nike

We are staying at the HOTEL APSIS ATRIUM PALACE on
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 656
Thanks!

Re: Re: Barcelona Train transport to Hotel

by miau2004

Hallo :)
thinking that your comming from the airport:
if you take the train to sants estacion then u can take the subway and leave it in plaza de catalunya or if my memorie serves me right, u have a subway stop in la gran via.

Comments