Basses de Sant Pere N 10 bjs, Barcelona, Spain

Costs 20% less but rated 35% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about ArtHostal

nice budget accomodation

by Belsaita about Arthostal

I usually can't advice regarding accommodation in Barcelona (living there, never needed) but I've great references of Arthostal.
I know people who stayed there and they were really pleased. I've seen the place as they organize art exhibitions too and it's even nicer than it looks at the pics on the web Good location, friendly owners, nicely decorated rooms, common room and kitchen for guests... plus organizing art exhibitions, concerts and other activities

Budget Barcelona Hostal (Hostel)

by Cruiseone2003 about ArtHostal

Art Hostal is run by Sascha and Krassi, a married couple who have made Barcelona their adopted home.
I needed to find an affordable place for myself and two friends with seperate beds(no roll aways) Art Hostal satisfied all of our needs.

Property: The ArtHostal is two level residence offering a full kitchen for cooking and storing perishables; Inside the building you enter a small gallery that is used to show the art of local artists. My friends and I stayed in their largest room that sleeps three persons with two twin beds and one queen size bed with private bathroom. The other rooms have a shared bathroom. We were given keys to enter the building as well as to our room; this allowed us to leave our luggage in our rooms. If you have a family traveling together, this would be an excellent place for a large group to stay and have their own home!

Transportation: With prior arrangement, The owners will provide roundtrip transportation from the Airport and/or Pier for a fee.

Pros and Cons: ArtHostal is nothing like I thought a Hostel would be like. The other guests were adults from the U.S. and Europe, very friendly and easy going. It’s not the typical 20 something, back packing through Europe crowd I expected. There is no “front desk” but the owners will meet with you when you first arrive. It’s definitely for the budget minded person who doesn’t mind staying in a residential area. If you need a concierge, room service, swimming pools, inhouse movies, internet connection and a TV then the ArtHostal isn’t for you.

The owners do speak English although English is not their native language; sometimes what I would try to say would be lost in translation but eventually I got across what I wanted to say. The owners live nearby and are available by phone should you have a need to reach them. If you do book with ArtHostal, please let them know you heard about it from my review. I’m not getting compensated for this review, just the satisfaction of helping out two hardworking, self employed people. The Hotel is nicely decorated, very clean, in a relatively safe neighborhood. The owners take great pride in their business. Near the Mercat Santa Caterina which offers many food stalls, very nice if you like fresh veggies/fruit, meat and cheeses. Next to this but in the same building is a tapa bar/coffee shop that serves great snacks and drinks for all meal times. Say Hello to Eugenia at the Bar, she's great!
Another block away is the Cathedral, continue walking another half mile and you will be at the infamous “La Ramblas”. The Picasso museum is also near the ArtHostal, maybe a 5 minute walk away. You can get a free guided tour of the museum by booking in advance, go to their website http://www.museupicasso.bcn.es/eng/index_eng.htm to reserve; you will still need to pay the entrance fee, EUR9.00 The ArtHostal is centrally located, you couldn’t ask for a better location. I was able to walk everywhere, never needed a taxi or metro.

ArtHostal, BarcelonaArtHostal, Barcelona

The monkgardens by the cathedralThe monkgardens by the cathedral

FUNDACION MIRÓ EXHIBITIONFUNDACION MIRÓ EXHIBITION

The Temple of Augustus in its heydayThe Temple of Augustus in its heyday

Arthostal

by sylvdawn

Can anyone help? I am unable to get in touch with the Arthostal. I have made a booking but I have to change my arrival time and although I have e-mailed I have not had a reply. Can anyone reassure me there is not a problem with this accommodation and does anyone have a phone number?

Re: Arthostal

by leics

This page has got landline and mobile (cell) numbers, assuming it's the right place:

Arthostal?

by btin

Hii everyone out there..

I missed asking this in my earlier posthave another question..
Anyone stays in Arthostal at Basses de St Pere 10 bjs Barcelona

Is it convenience? Safe? I m first-timer solo in Barcelona...
Easy to move around?
If i m coming from Valencia by train probably, not too sure yet though... is it easy to get to Arthostal?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks/Christine

RE: RE: Arthostal?

by hyewonnie

hello~

i'm Hyewon staying in Arthostal II right now. I should say this place is located in wonderful quart called Born. Staying here, you will be able to walk
to the Picasso museum and other Gottic barrios quite easily and i'm telling you the streets are just so beautiful enough to enjoy just walks around here.
The place where this hostal is not TOO touristic so you can feel quite comfortable and only 3 minutes of walk would take you to somewhat touristic
sites. kk

In this hostal you have two more non-human family like cutie cutie gosho the dog and this charming juja the cat. they always welcome you anytime you get back to the hostal.

well~ i think arthostal is quite a place to stay in barcelona. :D
have a nice trip!

RE: Arthostal?

by wmljuniorr

I stay there in Art Hostal and I can assure you that you will be satisfied. Barcelona is not a quiet town but there you can really recharge your batteries for the next day.

The hostal is in fact a very pleasant, cool home (a/c included) in a really barcelona neighborhood. It is within walking distances from many of the Barcelonas atracttions, such as The Picasso Museu, The Gotic Cathedral, La Ramblas,etc. what makes going from one place to other an easy task. Furthermore, you can count on the owners to help you in planning your holiday, sidetrips and everything concerning your stay.

Concerning the cats and the dogs I do not have much to say about them. Either they are very quiet or we are aweken in different times. I would stick to the second one...

That is it, enjoy your stay there, drink cold spanish beer with them and have fun.

wmljunior

Hostal els Angels

by Conce

I am travelling to Barcelona next November and would like to stay in a hostal where the kitchen ccan be used. This one has it available. Has anybody been in this hostal. Any comments will be very appreciated.

RE: Hostal els Angels

by punchy

I don't know how the kitchen there does function buy I know arthostal's one is OK and good equipped. Check out arthostal.com.You have a lot of little shops around for your cooking. Born area, centric and safe. Greetings.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

The Home of Barcelona FC - Camp Nou

by gordonilla

I was asked to visit the Barcelona's ground by a friend (although I am a Real Madrid fan - card carying at that!). The ground was more than a football ground with the ice rink and other facilities available for many uses.

The stadium seats some 100,000 fans and has an impressive history. There is a "TOUR" although all this means is that you pay your money and follow the yellow arrows around the complex. This takes you through the stadium, up and down and of course through the back areas and down to the pitch itself. In addition there is a museum and it is a pleasant experience.

Of course you end in the shop, and this could be an expensive place if you are a fan.

(I was surpised that there were no socks on sale although they had everything else!)

TEREMOK. Russian food and items

by jorgejuansanchez

TEREMOK is a shop selling only Russian and ex-Soviet Union countries products such as food, drinks (vodka and beers mainly), musical CD, films, newspapers and souvenirs for the many Russians, Ukrainians, Byelorussians and other nationalities of the disappeared USSR living in Barcelona who feel nostalgia for their dishes and have not yet adapted to our paella and sangria. They open every day and the shop is at a walking distance from the Antonio Gaudi’ Sagrada Familia temple, in Paseo San Juan 125.

Fashion and tea

by Belsaita about Otman

This tip could be placed as well on restaurants (you can have a good cus-cus for lunch, or for dinner during weekends here) or in "off the beaten path" as even in the very popular El Born area it's on a very quiet side-street.

But let's put it here, in shopping, as the fist impression of the place will be a fashion shop. Not mainstream fashion, as Otman Chentouf is the head of this project, a young Moroccan designer who moved to Barcelona some years ago. He exhibits his collections (clothing for men and women) in the front part of the store.

At the back of the shop you'll find a space with the typical Moroccan sofas, where you can enjoy a great Moroccan tea or eat something

Comments