Avda Parallel 64, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08001, Spain

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 21% more and rated 19% lower than other 2 star hotels

• xxsentiaxx's Profile Photo

Cheap and Convenient in Barcelona

When I'm looking for a hotel I consider price first and then try to pick the best of what's affordable. I don't need anything special, just a place to rest my head at night, a good clean shower, and a short walk with my luggage from a metro stop. This place has all of the above. It gets terrible reviews on other sites but we had a great experience here. It's a short walk from the paral.lel station and about a half mile walk to Las Ramblas. It had a free breakfast in the morning consisting of fruit, cereals, eggs, juice, pastries, and coffee. Not great, but good, satisfactory.
    We had no issues with noise and it wasn't warm enough to use the air conditioner that everyone complained about. I would stay here again.

Directions: Paral.lel stop on the metro. approximately 30 minutes by train from the Barcelona airport.

• mykitten's Profile Photo

does what it says on the tin

After reading the reviews I was apprehensive about visiting this hotel. If you are looking for a budget place to stay it is excellent, does exactly what it should for such a cheap price and location. Where else will you find a hotel in the centre of such a popular tourist destination so cheap? The room we had was adequate, clean, needing a little overhaul but hey remember the price we have paid!

Buffet breakfast consists of ham, cheese, chorizo, eggs, yoghurt, cereals, fruit, orange/pineapple juice (which tasted more like sunny delight) baked beans, frankfurter sausages, coffee/tea, toast lots of stuff!

Reception were very helpful ( i broke my spectacles), maid service daily.

You get what you pay for and although not the prettiest view or room, for a tourist who will be out and about it does the job.

Unique Quality: great situation near to la ramblas

• OzgurEY's Profile Photo

What a suprise....

We were almost 2 weeks ago in that hotel and really like it.It was really clean,great breakfast buffet,almost in the ramblas,and pleasent receptionists....

Unique Quality: Rooms in the 6th and 7th floors has a very beatiful see wiev and rooms are really clean...

Directions: Get out of transfer from airport in the Espanya station and walk down the street like 150 mt. there it is...

• m-gem's Profile Photo

Basic hotel, but good price and location

I wasn't sure I would be happy with this hotel after reading a lot of mixed reviews online, but our experience was very satisfactory. I think one good thing we had opposed to most of the people who complained was that we had a room accessible from the main building (no walking through a parking lot) and it was spacious and faced the Avinguda del Parallel (I didn't mind the noise). The downside to the room was that we had two twin beds instead of a double, but we decided to stick with that arrangement rather than risk moving to a smaller room. The room area was very large, the bathroom was uncramped, and there was a big balcony over the street that got afternoon sun. Unfortunately they didn't put any patio furniture out there. Maybe people wouldn't enjoy the noise, but I sometimes wanted to sit out there except there was nothing to sit on. The staff were really kind and helpful, even though they always looked a bit swamped with things going on. The breakfast buffet was quite nice, with some warm food (try one of the Spanish tortillas on toast. Yum), though the juice was fake and watered down. The location was great though, 5 mins walk to La Rambla or the waterfront, and a Metro stop servicing two lines had an entrance on the next block.

More about Auto Hogar

great basic accommodation

This was brilliant basic accomodation at a very low price. Rooms where clean with fantastic air conditioning.

The staff were really friendly and helpfull.

The breakfast was average but all in all this hotel is a great chioce for a budget city break.

Warm atmosphere, loved paella

I just came bach from BCN ( 23.09.05). Wonderful hotel. It a very clean hotel and a fantastick breakfast!. Very near to almost everything. The climate was great so were the people. But paid 33 Euros to airport for departure where I paid only 19 Euros when I arrived. So make sure that you get a deal before stting in a cab!! I loved the paella but one thing that bothered me was that I could not drink a cup of coffee with peace. Young mothers with babies went around begging outside coffee shops. Hard to ignore.

Near everything! Clean hotel!!

A very friendly hotel!! The room was cleaned every day properly and towels were also changed daily! Very close to Ramblas and metro was just outside the hotel! One thing that bothered me was the lock of the door, it didn´t seem very safe? The breakfast was good but no vegetables at all - I missed tomatoes etc. But very good hotel indeed and friendly staff too. I´am going back, definitely!!

Happy at the AutoHogar!

by TripAdvisor Member Boadicea

This hotel is all it purports to be - clean, friendly, central, cheap.Through the integral car park (not a problem) and up 1 flight of stairs (with lift access), the two of us had a large 4bed L-shaped room, the beds being so positioned that if we weren't speaking we needn't be in sight of each other! The beds were comfortable, the large pillows particularly so, and extra blankets and pillows were provided. The large bathroom had a wonderful hot forceful shower over the very deep, if short, bath, and towels were plentiful, though of quite thin towelling. Room furniture was basic but adequate - we didn't mind the odd loose drawerknob - with 8 hangers between the 2 large wardrobes. The room was serviced very well each day and the whole hotel was very clean. Buffet breakfast was excellent - as much of cereal,fruit,yoghurt,croissants, small cakes, eggs, cheese,baked beans,onion flan thingy,cooked ham,toast,juice,coffee,tea,hot chocolate,- as one could wish. The metro and Fernicular station was about 30 paces from the front door, on a direct line to e.g. the main square and the Ramblas, and there was a bus terminus, supermarket, and 'Tabac'with Silk Cut at less than £2 a pkt, just around the corner. The only downside was the hotel cafe/bar - poor service and costly, we felt.Otherwise, the hotel experience was excellent value all round and we had a great time in Barcelona.

Indian Restaurants in Barcelona

by srivastava

Is there any Indian Restaurant near this hotel?

AVENIDA PARAL.LEL 64, BARCELONA, 08001

Carrer Sant Pau 103

Shalimar Veg
Carrer Carme 71 -
93 329 3496
even if this one is not so near your hotel as previous ones

I found these ones at this website: http://www.indiandinner.com/ (seach Indian Restaurants in any part of the world)

by Belsaita

Maybe not so close to your hotel, but still less than 20 minutes walking there is Govinda, a very nice Indian restaurant in Plaça de la Vila de Madrid (I did not tried the others so I cant say if its better or worse)

by srivastava

Govinda's food was not good.

Motimahal, Carrer Sant Pau 103, http://www.motimahalbcn.com/ was nearest to Paral-lel. The food was relatively better.

by Belsaita

srivastava: what was wrong about Govinda's food? I'd like to know as it used to be one of my fav places ever (but my last visit was probably about 1 year ago). Of course things may change... if it has worsened I would not recommend it anymore!

by srivastava

It was too sour. It seems they have used tamarind everywhere. That spoiled our taste.

Comments