Ayre Hotel Rosellon

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Barcelona

Museu Nacional d'Art CatalunyaMuseu Nacional d'Art Catalunya

Casa Batllo (bldg. with cross)Casa Batllo (bldg. with cross)

ZOO cafe pub interiorZOO cafe pub interior

Photo taken in June 2008Photo taken in June 2008

Buying fireworks in Barcelona

by ellesters

Hi there, hoping someone local can help with this! I'm going to be in Barcelona next week and wanted to buy some fireworks suitable for letting off in the garden of a farmhouse/villa for my 50th birthday. Want a pretty display that can be lit by us, not a professional company - not just loud bangs.

Is is possible to buy fireworks like this in Barceloan? I know I can in the UK but I'd rather not bring them from here!

Address, telephone number, website - all much appreciated.

xx Lori

by leics

You can't bring them from the UK anyway, I'm afraid. Fireworks are prohibited in either hold or hand luggage.

AS in the UK, I suspect that temporary fireworks shops may open in the lead-up to major fireworks times. I hope a Spanish VT-er will be able to advise you about shops which stock them year-round.

by Doffcocker

Hi,

I noticed lots of them around the city, but that was just after St Joan's night which is a traditional time for them. Look up 'Tiendas de Petardos' in Yellow pages (Paginas Amarillas) - for example this business seems to have several shops around the city

by ellesters

Thanks so much! Now I know what to look for - I;ll let you know if I'm successful. xx Lori

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Internet Cafe - Usuaris

by gordonilla

To keep in touch with people it is always useful to know where the nearest Internet Cafe is located. This one was good for me, I was staying with friends on C. de l'Escorial which is near to Parc Guell.

ihola!
SAGRADA?@FAMILIA
Adios!
Perhaps,...

by InnerValley

ihola!
SAGRADA?@FAMILIA
Adios!
Perhaps, I think that the seeing fee becomes construction cost. I am glad when thinking that it was possible to help even by the part. I will see all, and complete it.

THE CORREFOCS!

by Hosell

This is a local custum in Catalonia and other parts of Spain.I found this nice "correfoc" walking by one quarter of the old town not far from Passeig de GrĂ cia.It consist in a group of people that celebrate some festivals on their neighborhood.They were carrying some fireworks and a small band was playing some nice music behind them, they walks for many streets of the quarter burning the fireworks,it is an amazing and very noisy event,but they have lots of fun.

Stroll a local neighborhood Rambla

by dls13126

Wife and I stayed in Confortel Hotel on Calle Ramon Turro before and after sailing on our cruise with NCL in November 08.One block from the hotel was A local Rambla "Las Rambla Poblenou"
will check on the spelling and get back to it.
Great area to relax,shops,Tapas Bars and a 15 minute walk to the beach.Will return someday when the weather is warmer and just explore more of Barcelona,we only had one day and decided we definetly HAD to comeback.
Will add some pictures soon.

A small sign indicating a long history

by Joacim

If you see a sign in the pavement with, at least, two different years on it and the name of the shop, granja, etc in front of you then you got something interesting in front of you!

The signs was distributed by the city of Barcelona during three years after the Olympic game in 1992. They say that the shop has been "the same" for more than 50 consecutive years. Enter and you walk in to something with big history and culture!

Comments