BCN Houses Daily Apartments Barcelona

Picasso's friezesPicasso's friezes

Monument a ColomMonument a Colom

Accomodations North of Barcelona

by scallens

As 2 couples, we will be flying into Barcelona in September and getting a rental car. We are going to travel into France from there, but want to spend a day or so north of Barcelona the first nights. Possibly in the Girona area or in a small village on the coast. Can anyone suggest accomodations that are reasonably priced (under 100euros a night)? We would prefer a small local hotel, guest house or B&B rather than a large chain property.

by nada1712

We often stay in farmhouse El Moli in Siurana in the Alt Emporda. Inexpensive and lovely Catalan hospitality. They include dinner at night in the price and its delicious. All the eggs and vegetables are from the chickens on the little farm.

by tango_jd

Bookmark

by scallens

El Moli sounds like the perfect place. Just what we were looking for.

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Gaudí

by martin_nl

I love to spend my time in search of Gaudí's work. On my last trip I found a popout map that contains 11 of his works. I recommend everyone to buy it follow the map to see Gaudí's best work. So far I have only seen half of the things that he constructed, so I definately have a reason to come back.

One of my favourite things in...

by Jillworld

One of my favourite things in this city was wandering through the gothic area. There are many narrow alley ways and streets with incredible architectural detail. It really is a monument to the city's medieval past. On our walking tour, we were shown a courtyard where Christopher Columbus was greeted after returning from the Americas. Cool! There are also some areas that do not have such an ancient history. We past an old government building where we were told that over 3000 people had been executed against, even up into the 1960's I think. The wall was absolutely riddled with pock marks. Very gruesome.

Visit Museu Nacional d'Art de...

by Tolik

Visit Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya in Parc de Montjuic. This museum is major depository of Catalan art. It is the most important center for Romanesque art in the world. Highlight of the museum is the collection of murals from various Romanesque churches displayed in apses, much as in the churches in which they were found.

take the Cable car than the San Joan Funicular...

by hokomoko

At 50 kilometers from Barcelona to the northwest is the massif of Serra del Montserrat. This mountain is also called "La muntanya dels cent cims" (The 100 Peak Mountain).

Nestled between the peaks for centuries the famous "Monestir de Montserrat" (Monastery of Montserrat) is the center of the Catalan faith. It contains and protects the "La Moroneta", the Black Madonna and a great collection of famous paintings

bijoux

by Fabanna about in the market in La Rambla

I spotted a stall with many nice bijoux with 70' prints at very modest prices...Fabio managed to take me away only after I bought two pairs of earrings (6Euros a pair) and a necklace (7Euros). Pretty cheap!! earrings, bracelets.....made of mother of pearl and painted with many different colours! not more than 10 Euros for a necklace

Comments