B Hotel

Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

New Trends

Hotel B is a new hotel very near to Plaza Espagna.
    This can be very good example of the minimalist style hotels
    A new understanding and a new way of accomodation
    Practical,clean,efficient and helpful

Unique Quality: A good experience

Directions: Very near to plaza espanya

More about B Hotel

B- Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ssmk

This is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed at (ranging from 5 stars in Bangkok/Peru/London/San Francisco.) Everything in the other reviews is true. This is the place for the modern/ independent / chic traveler who is looking for "Wallpaper" design who does not need or desire a lot of attention.
The location is very convient and safe - next to the Pca Espanya on the Gran Via. I would recommend the El Faisan Restaurant/Bar down the street on Gran Via. We had arrived quite late (after 11:30 pm from a Ryan Air flight from Luton) and found this wonderful tapas bar. Ask for Victor. He speaks English and is incredibly hospitable and friendly.
The bath and free internet ( so bring your laptop) were also nice suprises after a late trip.
I hope to visit in the summer so I can enjoy the roof top pool.
Come and enjoy this new hotel before it becomes a guidebook hotel and the prices sore!

Forca Barca and the B-Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pandjud

My girlfriend and I booked the B Hotel (after much research) and were delighted with our choice. We stayed in room 509 which is on the corner of the building therefore our room was sector shaped rather than the regular shape. This meant that we had an extra seating area in the corner which was an added bonus. We found the hotel to be clean and the staff polite and efficient. I agree with the other reviews regarding the pool. This is a real bonus and a great way to unwind as the sun sets. (Currently the pool area offers the best vantage point to observe the building works at the site of the old bull ring!!)

The location of the hotel for me was perfect. The Espanya area is essentially a local residential area rather than an out and out tourist area. Unlike the Ramblas area which tends to be over run with British stag/hen parties, the Espanya area while busy still retains ethos of a working city. This means that within a couple of blocks of the Gran Via there are cafes, shops, tapas bars etc. frequented by the locals. I would recommend that (unless included in the price) that visitors take breakfast in a local cafe/bar. The hotel breakfast in the hotel is fine but it is pricey, but by eating out locally the guest experiences an enchanting piece of Barcelona for less than the cost of the hotel.

From the airport bus the hotel is situated at the opposite side of the square on the far side of the bull ring. It is not obvious from the hotel address where the exact location of the hotel is.

I would have no difficulty in recommending the B-Hotel to anyone interested in experiencing Barcelona. The local metro stations make access easy if walking is not preferred. However if partying is your scene, then the Ramblas area would be more applicable.

B_Hotel... half way to Heaven

I just came back from a little stay at B hotel. My girlriend and I spent some days in that Beautiful city and this Beautiful and chic hotel.

The best way for getting there from the Airport is by using the Aerobus. Get off at Plaza Espania. The Hotel is located beside the old bullring under construction (will become a shopping mall). There is a huge "B" at the rooftop (nice for pictures in the rooftop) which can be seen from the street.

As you enter the building, you enter your dream. A 3*** Hotel??? I want to see how is a 4****! The check-in was fast and very kind. Lots of smiles and helpful information (they advised me how to use the shower before reaching the bedroom). The name of the attendant was Patricia. She seemed to know everything about the city!!! Look for her advise ;)

The bedrooms were clean and stylish. The blinds in the bathroom seemed to be copied from a star trek movie!

And the rooftop... WHAT A ROOFTOP! Nothing to do? Spend an afternoon there watching the clouds go by... amazing.

Something bad? As I read on other reviews the gym is not finished yet (yet!) and the bar is still not working.

Great people working there. Frendly staff and very helpful.

I will certainly choose this Hotel if I ever come back to this beautiful city.

Big Beautiful B!!!

by TripAdvisor Member suzabanana

We stayed at B Hotel for 3 days while in Barcelona as part of a 2 week European trip. I wish we had spent more time in Barcelona & more time at B!
The Room: Large, corner room (6th floor & 8th floor), VERY comfortable bed, fabulously cool fixtures & CLEAN!! The bathroom was flawless & the tub made for a very nice bath. The flat screen TV made watching the BBC news a little more glamorous & the small safe kept any worries at bay. The huge windows overlooking the Placa d'Espanya made for an impressive view & the light-blocking shades helped us sleep off the jet-lag.
The Hotel: Great location, amazing rooftop pool & useful business center. The fitness area was not open yet, but looked like they were working on it. We did not eat or drink at B, as there are so many options in this young, energetic city!
The Service: Can't say enough about the desk staff. Friendly, helpful & got results! We let them know before we came that we would be arriving early in the AM. We got to the hotel around 10am & our room was ready by 11 - we just took a walk up the street to get a cafe & by the time we were back our room was ready. It was our anniversary the day we got there & my husband had arranged through the front desk for flowers to be in the room (most likely the hour delay when we got there) and they were gorgeous! My husband's GSM phone wasn't working when we arrived & he asked the front desk if we could look up the # for his cellphone company & call from there. No problem & No charge for the 10 minute call to the US! They were helpful in confirming & suggesting dinner reservations & cared for my flowers when we took a 2 day trip out of the city & were in our room when we returned! They were just lovely!
The Location: Perfect. Staying on Las Ramblas would have been too noisy. It was perfect here - 10 mins from all the action, but quiet enough to sleep & feel like I was on vacation! The area around Monjuic was gorgeous to explore with lots of little gems down each tiny street. As others have mentioned, get snacks & drinks at the OpenCor a couple blocks from the B & take them with you on the walk up to the Olympic Park or around the city.
Can't wait to go back to B Hotel!!!

B stands for Brilliant But Blemished (a BIT)

by TripAdvisor Member WStradlater

I recently spent seven nights at the B-Hotel and agree with the general vibe of most reviewers – this hotel has the potential to be a gleaming diamond but currently is tainted by a few, albeit minor flaws. However, for the price one must forgive the B of most its sins.

For those arriving form Barajas airport, the airport bus will drop you off at Placa Espanya in front of the Barcelona Plaza hotel which is a two-minute saunter to the B. The hotel and the rooms look fabulous but a slightly closer inspection will reveal a shonky finish and poor attention to detail. I was initially given a double room opposite the bull-ring being converted to a shopping-centre. The view of front-end loaders wasn’t inspiring and there was some noise so I asked for a change and this was forthcoming without fuss. I was quickly moved to a room overlooking an internal courtyard with a tiny balcony that was great – ultra quiet. The size of the room was very decent and the bathroom was fine – water-pressure the best I experienced in Spain. I do think the cleaning of the rooms is slightly dodgy but it wasn’t a big issue for us. The main beef I have is that they will not supply an iron/ironing board in your room thereby necessitating the use of their laundry/pressing service which did not come cheap.

On the plus side the staff I found were very helpful especially Victor who suggested and booked some great restaurants. The location of the hotel is absolutely fine being close to Montjuic and 2 tube stations (Espanya and Sants). The Barcelona underground is phenomenal and will serve you well. The rooftop pool is pure Hollywood and reason alone to stay here. The breakfast was excellent although we had it included and is probably a tad expensive if not in your deal. One minor issue is no fresh orange juice – a pity as it pretty much runs on tap in Spain. All in all I would certainly return to Barcelona (what a fabulous city!) and to the B. Nearby restaurants that I recommend are L’Amphora and El Rebost de Maria. Two day trips I highly recommend and are easy to do are Montserrat and Figueres (Dali Museum).

The coolest hotel ever...

by TripAdvisor Member Tizmania

The B Hotel was our very first stop on our vacation in Spain. It turned out to be the perfect way to start!

I was most impressed as soon as I saw the building. The first thing that struck me was the beautiful large wooden door that slides to the side as you approach. The rest of the building is equally striking...

I found the staff to be both helpful, attentive and laid back. We were in room 209 - a suite - incredibly spacious by European standards, and with stunning attention to detail in the furnishings and fixtures. When I wasn't able to turn on the Aquos Plasma TV, I called down, and within 3 minutes Anna Maria from reception came up and fixed it for me with a smile on her face.

While the lighting controls took some concentration to figure out, the effect of fade up and fade down was quite dramatic.

When I opened the window, I found not only could I step out onto the ledge, but I could slide back the framed side of the building (literally!) and look directly at the Plaza. Then I could close it for privacy. What a cool feature...

The bathroom is the room's most intriguing feature, with glass walls, and fantastic plumbing fixtures. My favorite part had to be the electric venetian blind between the panes next to the shower. More entertaining than TV!

As you'll read in other reviews, the location is great - next to the subway, and with a view of Plaza Espanya, and next to the subway and Art Museum. The rooftop patio is way cool - and with a fantastic view.

Without a doubt the coolest hotel I have yet stayed in - and I've amassed quite a collection over the years...

Hooray for The 'B'!

Munich

by keeweechic about Royal Hotel ***

This is a fairly old motel which is run by a family. There are 40 fairly modern rooms which are equipped with TV (cable & satellite), private bathroom, telephone and soundproof windows. There is a breakfast room (breakfast was included in my rate). Cosy and friendly and very handy

Paris

by keeweechic about Adagio Paris Boulogne Hotel

My hotel was just a stone's throw from the bustling city centre. This hotel had just opened and I think we were the first group to stay there. Checking in too a little time as I think they were a little overwhelmed, but I had no complaints in staying here.

The metro is only 150 metres away. Orly Airport - ORY - 15 km, Charles de Gaulle Airport - CDG - 40 km, Downtown Paris - 5 minutes.

Amsterdam

by keeweechic about Golden Tulip Barbizon Palace Hotel

I stayed at the Golden Tulip Barbizon Palace hotel. It is listed as a 5 Star deluxe class hotel which was built in 1988. It is in a great location in the oldest part of Amsterdam and in the heart of the city overlooking the central station. The main entertainment and shopping area is only a stones throw away. I have to say that after suffering the 'continental breakfast' for days (so typical of an organised tour), this hotel put on the very best breakfast of the whole trip. I remember it so vividly.

There was a wonderful assortment of muesli, fruit, breads and pastries as well as hot dishes (which I didn't have). Not a hard bread roll in sight!.
. The exterior of the building has been partly built from the facades of 19 historic buildings most of which date from the 17th century.

by deemax

I'm going to Barcelona with my boyfriend in early April. And i have narrow to 4 hotels that with in our budget(220euro for 3nights).

Most of them have good reviews and I'm sure the service will be fine.
I'm planing to get the best looking one, which is the most beautiful one in my list?
1) Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
2) Hotel Constanza
3) B-Hotel
4) Silken Diagonal Barcelona

Re: Which hotel looks better? Gran Torre Catalunya, Hotel Constanza, B-Hotel, Silken Diagonal.

by Belsaita

No idea of which one is most "beautiful" (and this is so relative!! my tastes may be opposite as yours). I guess you can get an idea from each hotel website. However, and just for its location I would choose Hotel Constanza. It's location is perfect, in a nice area but still walking distance from most sights, while all the others are a bit far away from the centre.

For instance, I do live very near the Silken Diagonal, and the hotel is certainly beautiful (in a hi-tech way), this area is OK for living but is not where I would choose for a holiday.

by rkearns

I suppose it depends on what your definition of beauty is. Catalunya has beautiful views. Constanza looked soooooooooooo comfortable and chic! (My favorite) B Hotel, well, you get to be below that cool building that i don't know the name of. it also has great views but i wonder if it's in a convenient location. the Diagonal looks so classy, but kinda cold for a hotel. Constanza... again, nice views, beautiful cozy furniture....i would try to find out what the rooms are like.

Comments