Barcelo Raval

Barcelo  Raval
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Barcelo Raval

Fab,Funky, difo going back!

by TripAdvisor Member jazzDonegal

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at barcelo raval hotel. Our experience has been brillant. The hotel design is bright, fresh, funky and modern. When booking try an get the 8th floor, as the views are amazing! I loved the gadets and lights in the room. It would be more suitable for a couple staying. The reception staff were very helpful and spoke very good english. I would difo love to come back to this hotel. The only drawback for us was the location, during the day we felt safe walking towards las ramblas but at night i would not recommend it. We got taxis after 9pm. Other hotel guest views will differ on this, but for us as a couple with a vast amount of experience traveling we didnt feel safe at nite. There is a fab new cocktail/ restaurant opened near the hotet called blue rita,l that we totally enjoyed! champagne great price.

Don't do it!!

by TripAdvisor Member Poochies1

My boyfriend and I were very dissatisfied with the new Barcelo Raval hotel in Barcelona when we went on their opening weekend.

We understand that the hotel was in its opening days and the staff were still being trained and getting used to the systems in place, however this does not excuse the attitude of some of the staff, in particular the concierge/security and the service that we received.

We arrived in the early hours of Friday morning, checked in and went to our room. I had a shower and it flooded the bedroom! I phoned down to reception and they said we had two options; we could stay in the room (why we would want to stay in a flooded room is beyond me!) or move. I requested that we move and we were shown to a new room along the corridor. This was a huge inconvenience as we had unpacked our belongings. The man that showed us to our new room also said that this had happened in various other rooms so I find it unbelievable that this wasn't checked in our room before we were checked into it.

On Friday we arrived back at the hotel at approx 5pm and our room had still not been cleaned. The cleaner finally came round at about 5.30pm but we were in our room relaxing and didn't want to have to leave. This should have been cleaned in the morning and not in the evening.

We wanted to hire bikes for the day on Saturday so on Friday pm I called down to reception and asked for recommendations for bike hire. I was told that they would look into it and get back to me. I never received a call back. Again very poor customer service for a 4* hotel.

On Saturday morning we awoke at approx 10am and we had no lite breakfast waiting on our door. I called down to reception to ask where it was and they said they would send one up. 20 mins later we still had no breakfast so I called down again and once again no breakfast arrived. After a third call they finally managed to send up our breakfast 40 mins after we had to call and ask for it, which we shouldn't have had to do in the first place. I received no apology for this delay and when it arrived it was the same breakfast as the day before. I would have thought you would have provided a variety for the cost.

On Friday night there was demonstration outside the hotel which was highly threatening and we received no explanation from the hotel staff as to what was going on. The hotel was being covered in graffiti, there were eggs and bottles being thrown at the doors and windows and it was a deeply unnerving experience. There were numerous guests in the lobby waiting to go out and we just got told to move away from the doors with no explanation or apology. We wanted to leave to go for dinner and were ushered out the back door as the front door has been locked and was surrounded by demonstrators. Again there was no explanation or apology and this was truly despicable customer service.

On numerous occasions upon entering the hotel we were also asked by the concierge/security where we were going and if we were staying there. It was the same man every day that asked the same questions and made us feel most unwelcome. If I pay to stay in a 4* establishment I don't expect to feel targeted by the staff and made to feel as if we shouldn't be staying there.

I would also like to comment regarding the lighting in the rooms, there were too many gadgets and lights everywhere that make it very difficult to get a good nights sleep, also the soundproofing in the hotel is appalling and we could here the footsteps from the room upstairs, noise from next door and here the voices in the corridors at 4 in the morning word for word.

The rooms also had no bins so we had to pile up our rubbish on the side, not only is this highly unhygienic, it is very unsightly and messy for guests. Also we had an espresso machine and tea bags, yet we had no mugs and coffee cups to go with it. Again this is very poorly thought out and bad customer service.

All in all the stay at your hotel was unenjoyable and a complete farce and the fact that it was the opening weekend can not be used as an excuse.

Buyer beware

by TripAdvisor Member Rose085

I have just returned from a three night stay with my three sisters at this hotel. We could not believe the open-plan bathroom in the rooms. There was absolutely no privacy when showering and it meant that we had to take turns leaving the room to allow each other to use the bathroom in comfort. We asked to be moved to single rooms but were told that the hotel was full. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. The bar/lounge area was cold and totally lacking in atmosphere, on the three nights we stayed here there were no customers in the bar despite the hotel being fully booked.

brilliant hotel, wonderful staff, very funky interior

by TripAdvisor Member galway26

We have just arrived back from a 6 day trip to barcelona ( we could have done with another few days). The hotel was very clean very new with excellent friendy staff. I couldnt speak more highly of the hotel. My favourite was the top level where we spent many a night drinking on the terrece while looking over all the lights of the city.

barcelona has so much to offer. During our stay we went to the a barcelona soccor match which was amazing and definatly worth a visit. Spent another day on the fab tour bus where you can pay your 20E for the day ticket ( or 26E for 2 days) and hop off and on the bus all arounnd the city. We also fell in love with the food market on the rambles ( main high street) where we got smoothies ( 1 euro) and a packet of fruit ( 1 euro) every morning for our breakfast! Our evenings meals usually were no dearer than 12E for starter, mains and desert!!! look out for the special offer meals which are displayed on the door of every restaurant.
In total barcelona is a fab city for art, bulidings, history, food but also has the most beautiful and clean beach with soft fluffy sand. Would highly recocommend!

Fantastic stylish hotel

by TripAdvisor Member carolinemoon

excellent hotel my boyfriend took me for my birthday and I was really impressed. The rooms are really stylish and comfortable loved the fact you had your own esspresso machine in the room with pods that were replaced daily, the shower is gorgeous although might be a bit open plan for more modest guests. The location is great and the views of Barcelona are fantastic from the room terrace.

Great base for a fab city!!

by TripAdvisor Member jencork

fab newly built hotel only a stone throw from la ramblas. in the newly revived area of raval...like another guest said there are 2 direct routes to la ramblas left and right out of the hotel, left is well lit but has some undesireables and rgt still a few dodgy characters but more direct route by day only. hotel itself has a very moderne concept the bathroom is in the room with only a little wardrobe like effect for the toilet and the shower itself is totally on view in the room, i know most of the time you would be sharing with someone you know well, like i did with my mother but its been a long many years since shes seen me naked!!!! didnt ruin my stay though and i certainly didnt make her stand outside the door of the room!! i would never spend time in the hotel bar in any hotel especially when there is such a fab city on your door step to discover so if you lookin for a funky room with a great location , a good price e130 p/n and a fab roof terrace overlooking the city book this hotel.

The New Las Ramblas?, more like a slum location

by TripAdvisor Member UkRizza

Location totally misrepresented. Views of the city, more like of Beirut! Balconies - they forget to tell you that you can not use them, or even open a widow!

Very dangerous to go out in the evening, lots of dark dirty alleys, with no safe access to Las Ramblas after dusk.

Room bar totally over priced.

Cleaning standards not up to a 4 star standard.

Hotel complaints procedure non existant.

WARNING - If you're not a naturist...

by TripAdvisor Member modest_one

Warning! Although this hotel is very modern, ask yourself one question before you go - do you like to shower in FULL view of another person? If the answer is yes, book it! If no, then no matter how modern the place is, you won't feel comfortable at all during your stay.

Great Hotel - Dont drink the bottled water!

by TripAdvisor Member Mo_joker

A very modern and funky hotel which is located about 5 minutes walk away from Las Ramblas (a great base to explore the city from). A few people have mentioned the dodgy characters down the side streets, to be honest they didnt bother us and we wernt bothered by them, however you can see how some people may feel intimidated by it. As for our room, it was on the 3rd floor and had a bath with a shower which was not in the middle of the room as per all the picture we had seen previously. The roof terrace provided great panoramic views of the city. The nespresso machine was great which produced excellent smooth coffee. We are used to staying in 4/5* hotels which provide complimentary water etc... not in this hotel... two bottle of water cost 11 Euros so beware! On the whole a good hotel (not as good as the Manderin Oriental in KL - service is something else!).

Fantastic Modern Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Jill9034

Excellent Hotel in a brilliant location. The unsavoury characters in the area were more prominent at the weekend than in the week. We also were not bothered by them at all and feel sure that the high profile policing in the area would prevent any tourists from being bothered. This is obviously an area undergoing improvement and as such is not quite there yet. Having said that the Hotel is amazing, the service excellent and the location very central for all of the sights especially Las Ramblas. I would definately recommend this hotel, Barcelona is beautiful, but definately not a cheap city break, take plenty of money!

Comments