Calle Balmes 103-105 (Esquina Mallorca), Barcelona, Catalonia, 08008, Spain

Booking.com Orbitz.com Splendia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• not as bad as reviewed here...

stayed at gotico hotel for a week and was not to disappointed.
    this hotel is no 4 star hotel but was enough for owr perpose (30+ year old).

the location is super - a minute walk from the metro and a ten minuts walk from plaza catalunia.
    the staff in helpful on an average level, except a young man called javier how was very helpful.
    take a external room cause an internal room is close to the Sewerage pipes and smells bad at times.
    the bed is o.k. and there is a small mini bar that does not contain nothing but bottels of water.
    good bathroom and shower that are cleaned every day with new towels and toilet paper.

it is a simpal hotel with only one meal per day maximum (morning) and simple commendations, so if you book a room there don't expect to much, but for location and travelling pupose its fine.

Directions: cl. jaime I / tel. -993 152 211 / it is close to "jaime I" stop in the metro station barcelona

• adema29's Profile Photo

Average hotel... nothing to complain about

We have stayed here for four nights only and the Hotel was exactly what we were looking for.
    A clean place to sleep with a "normal" price and good enough position.
    The only real problem we had was the breakfast in their restaurant.
    We were expecting to have a better offer there for the price they were asking.
    16 euros/each person, plus 8 euros for our 5 years old son. My opinion is that 40 euros for a breakfast is a bit too much. especially when the variety is not the best one.
    The bathroom was ok and the room too, probably a bit to dark.
    And, if you have problems sleeping above the Metro, you shall better look for another hotel.
    We could feel the vibration and noise. Actually, my wife can tell you the schedule of the Metro in Barcelona.

Unique Quality: The position, only few hundred meters to the Passeig de Gracia and its famous La Pedrera and Casa Batllo.

Directions: Address: 103 - 105 Balmes, Barcelona
    10-15 minutes walk to Placa de Catalunya

More about Barcelona Center Hotel

Reasonable Priced Accomodation

by Pakistaniguy about Direct Barcelona Center I

It is very central location really close to the Ryan air bus stop in Aragon street No. 349, 2-1.

A solution for family travel in Barcelona center

by aussietom64 about Barcelona´s Tasmanian apartments by L&C associates

I live in the south of Spain and travelled to Barcelona for a few days with my kids and wife.
Our kids are small so we started looking for an establishment with self catering and came upon this complex called the Tasmanian apartments.

I was quite thrilled to book an establishment that reminded me of back home as the owner is Australian and well informed on how to get the most out of a city like Barcelona in just a few days and with two kids on your back.

The studios are quite nice, they are about 30 m2 , bathroom is stylish the kitchen adequate, tv , radio air con , all you need. Location is perfect. Right in the dead centre of Barcelona 100 meters from the Ramblas and right next to airport buses trains , local trains , 5 subway lines etch.

What else is good?

The owner knows his stuff about Barcelona. If you want advice, he can give you what you need to know.

The self catering option is ideal for families and kids as I get a bit tired of eating our every day.

What I liked best was that the complex has a 24 hour reception to take care of you in case you need help. It is more or less like a hotel but with the privacy of having your own apartment.

Totally awesome and that´s why I am writing this review. Why do you have to pay a fortune for a hotel when there are other possibilities that also make life warmer at the end of the day.

I admit that I dislike hotel service. This type of option really suits my needs.

Cheap accommodation in the centre of Barcelona

by ck_kc about apartment in Gotica

Hi,

when i was the last time in Barcelona in August 2009 i rented a very nice room in the shared apartment just in the city centre (close to LAS RAMBLAS and PLACA CATALUNYA). It was just 25€/night and there were only the landlady (her name is RENA, she speaks english and french) and me.I had my keys, so i was able to come back home even early in the morning and also i was able to take a bath any time i want and i cooked at home, so i saved a lot. If smb is interested, here is her email: r_s_2002@mail.ru

This New Year holiday 2010 my family and i stayed in a beautiful two bedrooms apt in Barcelona centre, near the beach and Las Ramblas (Jaume 1 and Liceu metro st-ns) and paid about €60 a night in such high season. we found it through the agency http://www.barcelonarealestate.es/ big nice apartment

Lovely hotel in a fantastic city

by TripAdvisor Member Kronky

We often read these reviews to help book a hotel and have always found other peoples views a great help in selecting which hotel would be best for us. Having just returned back from Barcelona (via superbreaks) I would like to return the favour for the 1st time and review this fine hotel and city. This city is full of nice places to stay and has many great places to visit (too many for just 3 days!)

The Barcelona Center Hotel is fantastic ! We wanted a quality hotel in a nice, quietish area within walking distance to all the main places, this hotel certainly ticks those boxes and more ! as many have said before this hotel has good staff and the rooms are good sized, clean and modern, it also has a great rooftop jacuzzi. We had the buffet breakfast which we found very tasty ! There were many different pastries, cold meats, cheeses, different fresh fruits and juices and some hot foods too, more than enough to fill us up for our long days out exploring and rambling.........the stroll up and down rambla catalunya with its lovely shops and bar/restaurants is an added bonus of being situated in this hotel. Close by you can catch the metro or the wonderful bus turistic, the bus comes every 10mins and the stops are for both the main circle routes (red and blue) which take you to all of the many places of interest in Barcelona. It costs 23euro for each adult to travel around on open top buses and it has 3 routes which allow you to get off and on as many times as you like, a bargain when you realise what Barcelona has to offer ! I'd also like to mention pickpockets as I did get a little worried after reading many bits of advice on this subject. At times I felt La Ramblas could be a bagsnatchers paradise, with its many alleyways running off it , but I certainly did not feel that during the day/evening it was somewhere any different to any other big city.............hope this all helps you to go and enjoy this lovely hotel in a fantastic city..............we will definitely go back !!

A wonderful find

by TripAdvisor Member GeorgicaPond

We were fortunate to find this hotel on very short notice. Our intention was to go to the northern coast, but when weather.com forecasted constant rain we rescheduled with one day's notice to visit Barcelona. Our travel agent suggested a number of hotels, and we chose this one based on the Trip Advisor reviews. We could not have been more pleased.

The hotel is perfectly located in the elegant area of Eixample, just a three block walk from Gaudi's famous Casa Mila. (The area would be the equivalent of staying at The Carlyle in New York or the L'Ermitage in LA.) The front desk staff was lovely, which was especially helpful since they also act as concierge. The rooms are elegant but modern (not super-trendy "hip" modern, just comfortable and elegant modern). We requested nonsmoking and they accommodated with no problem.

We were in a standard double, #311. The room was very well thought out for traveler convenience. There are two closets, one on each side of the bed, and extra drawers under the suitcase rack. The desk is large and highly functional with multiple open outlets within easy reach. We had no problem using our computer and charging the cell phones at the same time. The internet worked perfectly and there was no extra charge for using it. (Unlike in our last stop, where in-room internet use was $25/day.) The internet was high speed, but not wireless. The hotel supplied connection cables for no extra charge.

The bathroom was lovely. The tub was deep and full lengthed. There were two shower heads and the water pressure was great. The hotel provides nice toiletry amenities. However, be aware that no tissues or robes are provided.

Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate so we didn't try the hotel's buffet, which was pricey compared to the restaurants in the neighborhood. However, meals are served in the very charming dining room/tea room/bar, and we did have both afternoon tea and dinner there on multiple evenings. The restaurant is excellent, with a terrific and surprisingly affordable fixed price menu option. The service in the restaurant was always lovely. I was traveling with my teenage stepdaughter and one of the waiters went out of his way to suggest some evening events that might be fun for her.

The rooms are large by European standards (about the size of a standard room at a US Peninsula Hotel), and the bathrooms are comfortably sized. There's a nice whirlpool on the roof if you want to soak after a long day of walking. Other useful conveniences included a 24 hour pharmacy about 3 blocks away, wonderful restaurants, tapas bars and patisseries in easy walking distance in every direction, and banks with cash machines on almost every block.

Because the room decor is modern, I'd say that the rooms are less classically romantic than some of the more traditionally decorated hotels. However, if traditional European decor isn't what you most need, then the Barcelona Center Hotel can't be beat. I would also recommend it highly for business travelers as the decor is much more luxurious than most business oriented hotels, and the services and business amenities are far superior to most.

Our only disappointment was when we tried to stay an extra day and couldn't. Alas, they were all booked up, and no wonder too.

A gorgeous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NM3

The Barcelona Centre Hotel is an amazing hotel, boasting a great location. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the main sites and shopping areas.
The interior of the hotel has been tastefully designed and finished in boutique style, giving a feel of luxury and quality throughout. The attention to detail such as floral arrangements and extravogant fabrics add a touch of elegance. We loved the large bedroom with the huge bed, and although the hotel is in the heart of the city, the brilliant soundproof glazing meant we didn't hear a sound!
The visit to the roof terrace is a must!
The staff at the hotel were brilliant! Helpful, friendly and professional at all times, and always assisted with our queries.
Breakfast was good with a wide selection of cold and hot foods.
To summarise, if visiting Barcelona, we would highly recommend this hotel to all! We couldn't fault the Barcelona Centre Hotel.

Brilliant Base in Barcelona

by TripAdvisor Member Leacroft

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Center Hotel and would absolutely recommend it. Excellent location - just a few blocks and a brisk 10/15 minute walk away from the Plaza de Catalunya, which is the hub of the city. 5 or 10 minutes' walk in another direction takes you to Passeig de Gracia which is good for shopping/eating and the site of several of the main Gaudi buildings. Another 5 minutes or so and you can be at the Sagrada Familia. It's also only a 20/25 minute taxi ride to the airport (costs around 25 Euros). The hotel itself is lovely - nicely decorated throughout with attractive, stylish and comfortable rooms with flat screen tv. My room was nice and spacious. The buffet breakfast was great - good range, well presented, well-stocked and fresh. Pleasant, friendly and efficient staff. All in all a thoroughly pleasant and relaxing stay.

Barcelona, Spain such a great place to see.

by markapollo

"I plan to come back."

Barcelona was such a great experience. Walking down to Catalunya Square from the hotel. Enjoying the shops at the gothic area. Seeing Sagrada de Familia. Walking down Las Rambas. Food, Shopping and scenery it has it all! I stayed at the Hotel Barcelona Center and it ws centrally located. You can take the metro from there to anywhere in Barcelona. The staff was great and my room was beautiful.

"Sagrada de Familia"

This I always wanted to see. It was amazing and such a work of art! I enjoyed the peace of justsitting and enjoying the moment here!

"Food"

Wow! Tapas,Tapas ,Tapas....Its a great way to enjoy food. And inexpensive. I also had the Paella and other food here. This is one of the best culinary areas in the world. So make sure you try all the dishes and enjoy!

In this picture is Cervecería Catalana is located Carrer Mallorca, 236 in, Barcelona.

Hotel Barcelona Center. 103 - 105 Balmes,BarcelonaHotel Barcelona Center. 103 - 105 Balmes,Barcelona

Girona airport -> Barcelona center

by ostia

Hi!
Does anyone know how to get Barcelona center from Girona airport.
I will travel by wizzair and need some cheap solution to get into city.

Re: Girona airport -> Barcelona center

by col_hall6

Hi Krisztina,
There is a bus that runs from Girona Airport to Barcelona city centre. It is called the 'Barcelona bus'. This is where to check the timetable - http://www.ryanair.com/destinfo03/dests/gir_barc2apt_en.pdf

I used it when I flew in with Ryanair. The cost was 19 Euros return or 11 Euros single.

Hope you have a great time.
Best wishes,
Colin.

Re: Girona airport -> Barcelona center

by Mariona3

Hy !

I know it.!!
you must go take a us from the center of barcelona, directly to Girona airport., it's take around 1 hour and half.
There is other posibility, to take a bus from Girona airport to Gironacenter, then take a direct bus to Barcelona center. Its longer around 2 hours.

Re: Re: Girona airport -> Barcelona center