Barcelona Classic

Good For No Data

More about Barcelona

Arco del TriunfoArco del Triunfo

Barri GoticoBarri Gotico

ZOO cafe pubZOO cafe pub

Architecture along Passeig de GràciaArchitecture along Passeig de Gràcia

Barcelona - Palma ferry

by Ivanfuchs

Hi. Could you say me if the price of ferry is cheaper if I book it? Thanx

Re: Barcelona - Palma ferry

by leics

I assume you mean book it in advance?

I don't know if it is cheaper (it often is with ferries) but just turning up might mean you cannot take the ferry you want because it's full. So booking in advance makes much more sense to me.

Re: Barcelona - Palma ferry

by Doffcocker

Hi,

Are you taking a car? Because if not it is usually cheaper (and far quicker) to fly

Travel Tips for Barcelona

Sand Sculptures

by Blatherwick

While strolling along the boardwalk on Barceloneta Beach during the Easter Weekend, I came across a number of sand sculptures with a religeous theme. This one of the last supper was particularly impressive

Plaza del Sol

by hamouras

Plaza del Sol This square is located in Gracia district. It's is the place I used to go a lot for a coffe or a beer usually after my classes in the University. It is a quiet place with very little shadow (as the name implies - 'Square of the Sun'). So if you go there be ready to get very hot and, if you have a 3-4 beers, you'll probably get very drunk.

It takes all kinds

by bpwillet

There are some entertainers that are actually quite good. As you listen to them, you can hear the passion they have for their instrument or craft. As I was walking around most of the heavily trafficked areas there would be numerous street performers in wild costume or make-up. Some were there simply to make you laugh.

Casa Lleo Morera

by Rupanworld

While walking down the streets I came across this beautiful house which is not a Gaudi creation. Well as I already said, i have no idea about architecture whatsoever, but this house looked very appealing to my eyes. It was built in 1906 by architect Lluis Domenechi Montaner, a contemporary of Gaudi and stand one house next to Casa Batllo.

Costa Brava Summer House and Nude Beach

by atufft

A cousin of my wife took us to the summer house that she and others had rented for the summer, and then later we visited a nude beach, saw some small fishing boats, and had coffee in a village restaurant along the Costa Brava. I don't have directions for this trip, but basically we took a rail line out to the Costa Brava and walked from there. So good luck finding it, and I don't have pictures from the nude beach. However, I do have some photos of the summer house, which was very interesting. The entrance to the property was a tree lined driveway like any country villa, but the stone house itself was lodged on a knoll that allowed it to view out across the landscape. Below was a wine cellar with arched brick ceiling, and the main level was stocked with wide plank flooring, then there was a third level of several rooms with central hallway. What was really stunning though was that the actual front door, on the side opposite from which we arrived, open into a medieval village. As I walked along the narrow cobbled streets, where some restoration work was clearly in progress, I realized that all the homes were arranged in a circle along the top of the knoll, for defensive purposes, and at one end there was a small church. The restaurant was at another nearby village that had a number of small shops. The boats weren't at the nude beach. The nude beach was a series of coves between sandstone cliffs and dead coral was in the water along most of the coast.

Comments