Bonavista Apartments Barcelona

Found while ShoppingFound while Shopping

Mercat de Santa CaterinaMercat de Santa Caterina

Escoles - Sagrada FamiliaEscoles - Sagrada Familia

The Porches of PorxosThe Porches of Porxos

Are there any trade laws in Spain?

by macrn

I saw the article on Expo Souvenirs on Las Ramblas. I, too, thought the guys there were great and very helpful. I purchased a souvenir sword for my son, and I was advised that I would not be able to bring it back on the cruise ship, so I asked them to shop it and they agreed. I purchased it 9/30/2009. Today is 10/29 and I have not received it. I have sent 2 emails to them and they have not responded to me. Is anyone able to help, or tell me what my next step should be? Thanks for any help.

by Miguelzgz

I think we do have some trade laws, yes.

by Miguelzgz

Do you have any receipt of the purchase you did?
Can you make a phone call and talk directly to them?

I don´t know how much money that sword cost to you, but I am afraid that you must trust in that company, or maybe it is worthy to you to suit them?

There are consumer organizations that use to be helpfull ( I have been told so, never used) but I don´t know if they can work with reclamations from abroad....maybe you should check for one of those. I have googled "asociacion de consumidores y usuarios de Barcelona" and I got this:
ASSOCIACI6 DE CONSUMIDORS DE LA PROVINCIA DE BARCELONA
CALLE DIPUTACIO SIN, 239
08007 - BARCELONA (BARCELONA)

Tel: 934881616

Good luck.

by christine.j

From the way you write the dates, month before day, I assume you're from the USA. If that's true and if you haven't paid for airmail, four weeks are nothing. From experience I know that it can be up to eight weeks sending a package from Europe to the USA. True, I haven't sent anything from Spain, but I don't think there's much of a difference in mailing times.
It's also possible that your package has been held up by US customs.
But I do agree, it's strange that you didn't get a reply to your emails.
Good luck.

by macrn

Thank you so very much! Based on the next reply, I will wait a bit longer before I pursue anything with the government. I do have the receipt, but it is not itemized and I do not know how they shipped. The sales man told me I should have it by the end of the following week. I was trying to avoid a phone call because of the expense of overseas calls, but I will try that as my next step. Thanks again. You have been a great help.

by macrn

Thank you so much. Your reply has made me a bit more comfortable. I was beginning to panic because the sales man told me I would have it by the end of the following week. I do not know how he shipped it. Yes, it is being shipped to the United States. I am still a bit disturbed by the lack of email response, though. Thanks for your help.

by chopchi

If you paid cash, not much you can do but wait and then call-after that-forget it! If you paid by credit card ,you can dispute it.
Good luck

Travel Tips for Barcelona

As part of our port of calls...

by Ursula1

As part of our port of calls on our cruise it was a fabulous city to finish before spending a week on land in Mallorca - we had a choice of tours at all our stops along the way but in Barcelona we really had a hard time choosing. As a family consisting of two parents and two children - Son Ciarán (22 yrs.) and Daughter Shónagh (17 yrs)we had to split due to preferences - Father and Son choose 'Sporting Barcelona' while We choose 'Panoramic tour + shopping'
Both parties had a wonderful time - a place we would have gladly spent much more time - we shall return. The lads did the sporty - New Camp Stadium with the trophy room and all paraphanalia to do with sport.
The girls toured the city seeing the famous Cathederal - which we wished we had time to stop to examine more closley.

The news inhabitants of the Bario Gothic

by Klod5

The district evolves. Lately, some artists come to get settled here, a whole small world of writers, painters, and intellectuals. gradually, this old district, poor and dirty becomes a fashionable district, for those that are to the forefront of the cultural current in the city...

visit Parc Güell, another...

by Tolik

visit Parc Güell, another Gaudi's masterpiece. Parc Güell is a strange, enchanting place where Gaudi’s passion for natural forms really took flight – to the point where the artificial almost seems more natural than the natural. The steps up from the entrance, guarded by mosaic dragon, lead to the Sala Hipostila, a forest of 84 stone columns, some of them are leaning. On the top of the Sala Hipostila is a broad open space whose centerpiece is the Blank de Trenadis, a tiled bench curving round its entire perimeter. Parc Güell is also included in the World Heritage List. See my Travelogue for more pictures...

Absinth Bar in El Raval

by kazander

The Bar Marsella, a really cool little place, a little hard to find (we almost missed the door, it blends in!) It has a wonderful atmosphere and feels like it hardly changed a bit since it opened in 1820. It was my first time having absinth! but definately not the last;)

If you haven't ever had absinth before, there is a little ritual that goes with it. The bartender will bring you a few things, a glass with absinth in it, a "spoon" of sorts, (looks almost like a shrimp fork in this particular place), a sugar cube and a bottle of mineral water. You take the spoon lay it on your glass, place the sugar cube atop and slowly pour water over the top of the cube so it dissolves in the absinth, (There is another way that calls for pouring the absinthe on the cube then lighting the cube on fire...but I wouldn't recommend it in the bar) It tastes very licorice like... Enjoy!

Carrer de Sant Pau 65

A feast for the senses and the stomach

by Orbital_ about Mercat de la Boqueria

If you’re self-catering in Barca or just want to grab a few things for lunch this is an essential stop in the heart of the city. The fresh produce is a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach and it’s hard not to come out laden with varieties of just about everything you fancied the look of. Of course it’s busy as hell the later in the day you get there, but the bustling, jostling crowds are half the atmosphere of being there.

Comments