Campanile Barcelona Hotel

Sector Baricentro N-150, Km 6.7, Barbera del Valles, Catalonia, 08210, Spain

Satisfaction Poor

Good For No Data
  • Unsuitable for children, almost impossible to reac

We have stayed in the Campanile chain of hotels many times and always found them to be excellent in terms of family friendly facilities and policies. Not so here.

Despite their stated child policy, this was completely ignored by the staff and we were told that we would have to take another room for our 2 year old and 5 year old. In fact, although it still states on their own website that an extra bed is added at no charge, we were told that they only had rooms for two people maximum.

The location is, in principle, very convenient. It's just beside an excellent shopping centre and we had planned on staying there for a shopping trip. However, it's virtually impossible to get into the hotel or indeed shopping centre as there are no signs at all from the motorway that most people will be travelling on. We spent over an hour going backwards and forwards along the motorways which surround the area before we found (by chance) a way in. Consequently, it's no surprise that the hotel was almost empty even in the peak of the holiday season as I'm sure many people just give up trying to reach it.

Unless you're very familiar with the road layout around Baricentro where the hotel is, it's not worth booking as you'll probably not manage to reach it.

Directions: Potluck seems to be the way to find this place. We're quite familiar with the area and still needed over an hour of driving back and forth on the motorways that surround it before we found a way in.

• firestart's Profile Photo

Cheap clean and polite!

I've been in this hotel two years, and in other Campanile ones too. This is the best Campanile hotel i've visited so far. It's about 10 km north of Barcelona, near the Barberà city.

Since we came to Barcelona by car, it was not a problem for us to be 10 km far from the city. The hotel is very well connected to the city itself, in 10 minutes you will be in Placa de Catalunya without any trouble. I've been there in 2004 and 2005 August, and price was just the same, and was very cheap

You know, maybe we could stay in an hostel on Las Ramblas for the same price, but then we would have trouble with car parking, chaos, and so on. Instead, we had air conditioning, tv, clean rooms, polite staff, and we kept in the rooms things like camera, laptop, watch and never found something out of place.

They have single, twin, double, triple and quadruple rooms. Rooms aren't big, but there's enough space to feel confortable. I will not post a room picture because my room was always messed up (by me) :)

If you don't have the car, keep in mind that a taxi run from the hotel to Barcelona centre would cost about 15 Euro!

I would reccomend the hotel to anyone. Just imagine, my uncle's family will be in the hotel this summer (2006) due to my advice!

Unique Quality: Air conditioning
    Satellite tv
    Parking
    Internet point (not free)
    Restaurant (never tried)
    Clean

Directions: Just ask for the "Baricentro" and you will find it!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Splendid night in 15 km from the centre

It's good to stay for groups which travel by bus.
    Hotel Campanile Barberà is a 3 star hotel situated in the heart of the business area of El Vallés, on the outskirts of Barcelona.
    The hotel is conveniently located at the intersection of the AP7 motorway for Tarragona or Girona and the C58 motorway for Barcelona or Terrassa/Manresa, thus allowing easy access to the centre of Barcelona, only 15 km away.
    I spent a splendid night there in April of 2006.

You can watch my 2 min 55 sec Video Barcelona Campanile Hotel out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Directions: You can watch my photo of Barcelona on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 41° 30' 29.43" N 2° 8' 7.45" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Campanile Hotel .

Comments